0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Fiction

On a planet in a distant galaxy lived a race of alien. That was so technologically advanced that they could not want for anything. More they could not keep up with what they had now. Their whole entire race was so lazy by the technology that. They did nothing for themselves they relied on the technology.

House work, cooking, cleaning, shopping all done by the technology all the alien’s. Did was sit on their butt trying to think up of other ways. To bring the newest hottest technology to their people so their lives would be easier . Their lives was the easiest of every planet in the galaxy some was jealous of them.

They was hatted because of how easy their life was no other planet had it as easy as they did. All the technology would soon become a big mistake. Not only did it make their life easier but it ran the power plant for their electric. These alien’s go about their day thinking nothing of the consequences of relying. Solely on technology to run their lives that they think nothing will happen.

Their power grid also run the invisible shield around. The planet that protects them from outside threats. They never thought that there would be a inside threat to their life. After many years of living like this they grew comfortable with how things are. A small group of people was not happy with it. They wanted to do things for themselves every time the tried they would get a ticket. For not using the technology because it was to dangerous cleaning gutters themselves. These people grew tired of this the wanted to live.

Not relying on the technology to do stuff for them the teachers, in the schools taught kids. That they need to have the technology do everything for them. Which will cause problems for them big problems. Little does everyone know that today is the day every thing goes dark.

Their sun for the planet it constructed from technology it is not a star. Like other planets they constructed it from their technology. Just to show their power to other planets as to what they can do. With the power of their technology they could invade and take over any planet they want .

They chose not to do this only because the do not want their technology falling. In the wrong hands being used for destruction for other planets. With other races falling to be slaves for races of aliens that think they are better. For these reasons they never shared their technology.

When you think about it it is smart in a way but in another when they need help. It will not come which on this day they will need help. The sun begins to flicker which it had never done that before which the scientist. That built the sun readies a ship to launch to fix the problem before they can get there. The sun goes dark everything that has been ran by the sun stops.

Everyone begins to freak out no one knowing what to do becomes scared. The top scientist in the government use what technology that still works. Tells the population that the sun will be back up in running shortly. There is no need to panic everyone just needs to stay where they are. Everyone listens to them staying where they are not knowing exactly when they sun will start working again. The younger aliens are stuck in school the older aliens stuck at work. Across their world the same thing is going on.

All scientist from around the world come together multiple ships. Leave the planet to go to the sun to bring it back on. Not knowing if the can even get it working again from another planet. There is a race of aliens looking through their telescope’s seeing what is going on.

Contacting their government to see if they will help them but getting a no. All the ships reach the sun they open the entrance door. To the sun they all walk in spreed out to see exactly what went wrong. To make the sun go out they spend hours in there working.

With no success not one of them could figure out what happened. They all appoint one scientist to report back to the government the bad news. As the scientist is reporting back madness take hold on the planet. Everyone loses it can not take the technology not working with not knowing what to do. They just go mad the government puts presser on the scientist to get it working again.

They begin going back to work on the sun trying to get it working again. At a loss the begin replacing everything inside the sun. To try to get it working again this take hours which leads into days. Eventually the have to give up because nothing is working they have to find a alternative.

All the ship make it back to the planet they go to their transporter. To get beamed over to the governmental building to begin discussions. On what to do to come up with a solution to the problem they are facing. The discussions goes on for hours with not one of them coming up with a solution.

One of them stands up shouting ( We are in here arguing over the problem with the sun. Outside these wall our people are hurting each other out of fear.we have a duty to figure this out for them.) A silence goes across the room everyone looks at each other. One finally speaks up ( What do you suggest we do?)

The top scientist begins to out line the problem at hand. Pointing out that there is no way to fix the sun. The scientists stands there looking out at everyone thinking Everyone looks back at him. Finally he comes up with a plan to help everyone.

The scientist pulls up a three D image on the table of every planet they have discovered. Then he goes on to say over half of these planets can and will support life. I propose that we move our people till we can fix our sun a argument ensues. One stands up yelling to get everyone’s attention( How do you think we can do this? Plus give up our planet to who know may come along. To take over and use our technology.)

The top scientist details the plane as to who will stay to secure our technology. Also who will leave with our people to keep them safe. With what technology they decide to take with them. They make the announcement to their people across the world so the can make preparations to leave. The only problem facing them is which world can the have to themselves . All the long journey ships are loaded with the technology they want with their people. To make the long dark journey through space to find a new home.

May 06, 2021 15:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.