3 comments

Fantasy High School Horror

When you were in high school or maybe you still are, obtaining the knowledge of multiple subjects and then writing about them for seven hours a day, every day, it was or is probably overwhelming to do. Or maybe that first bit came easily to you. Or you were that one student that was always scared of what the day might come to. Like, something so traumatizing and downright frightening could take place, right in the middle of class! Unfortunately, this fear was not thought of at all when something so horrifying took place at a young girl’s high school on May 19th, 1988. This is the story of a 16-year-old girl by the name, of Jade Moon.

  A slight breeze, so soft that it could barely be felt came through the window on the wall that was left of the bed, it very softly grazed upon Jades’ rosy cheeks. The breeze slowly drifted around her room but at a human-like pace, suddenly, Jades’ alarm had awoken her. She continued to soundly sleep, before quickly sitting up in her bed and turning off the alarm, which was going to fall from the bedside table before she had abruptly stopped it from doing so. Jade wiped her eyes as she got out of bed to get ready for school. After Jade had put her clothes on, she began to apply a soft pink gloss to her pale, but full lips. She leaned in closer to her vanity mirror, looking into her ocean-blue eyes, while also glancing at her long wavey blonde hair that reached down to her lower back, then she applied a thin layer of black mascara to her eyelashes. When Jade finished applying her mascara she stood up and walked over to her tall mirror that was sitting as still as a rock in the corner of the bedroom to the far right of her bed that was now made. Jade stood as ice in front of the tall mirror, looking at her white shoes, then she moves her eyes towards the outfit she had put on. She is wearing her light-blue bell bottoms and a thin white shirt with long sleeves that fan out toward the end, she had also remembered to put on a white noodle-strap tank top under her shirt just in case. Jade then turns her attention to her alarm clock and a rush of panic falls over her head, as she quickly shoves her volleyball uniform into her backpack along with her homework from Thursday that she had left out overnight. I’m going to be late if I don’t get a move on it! Jade scarcely thought. She runs out of her room and down the stairs to the kitchen and looks around for the car keys, but she can’t seem to find them anywhere. Then something on the refrigerator catches her attention, she walks closer and realizes that it was a note from her mom which read, “Dear Jade, my work asked me to come in early this morning and I had to take the car. I’m very sorry, I promise to make it up to you when I get home. With loads of love, Mom”. Jade rolls her eyes in a forgiveness-like way, then starts making her way to school.

   As Jade walked into the high school, she felt a very sharp burst of excitement in her veins because, not only did she make it to school early but, she also has volleyball practice at the end of her first class today, instead of at the end of the school day, which usually left her dead tired. Jade walks down the long hallway ending at her classroom. She walks into the class and takes her seat as the teacher checks her name off on the attendance board, Jade then realizes that she wasn’t early, in fact, she just barely made it because she was the last student to enter the classroom. Jade pulls out her all-yellow notebook, then places it on her desk, and reaches back into her bag to grab a pencil. Mr. Cobalt, which is Jade’s algebra teacher, starts to explain what he was going to instruct the students today. As Jade is taking notes, she starts to feel extremely tired and her head started throbbing, with each throb, she felt a sharp pain in the back of her head. She decided to put her head down hoping it would stop the pain. After forty-five minutes pass Jade put her head back up, but she couldn’t see that her face was very pale, her once rosy cheeks were now cold as ice, and her soft pink lips now looked white as snow with a hint of purple, and her once alive eyes now had bags, with all of this she looked like death itself. Jade, very snail-like, glanced at Mr. Cobalt, then they made eye contact, “Jade, you need to go to the nurse’s office right now!” he said, “B-but why, sir?” replied Jade, Mr. Cobalt looks at Jade, then looks down towards her desk and nodded, motioning his head to get Jade to look down at her desk, this she understood. So, she looked down at her desk and saw a little puddle of blood just as another drop fell, then she knew why, her nose was bleeding! She grabbed all her things and quickly tucked them into her bag as she put the long strap around her shoulder. In a hurry, she rushed out of the class to the nurse’s office. “Welcome in, how can I help- Oh dear! Let me grab an ice pack and some cotton balls for you!” Nurse Joy said in a sweet but frightened voice at the sight of Jade’s death-like look and her bleeding nose. Jade let Nurse Joy wipe the blood from her face so that she could place the cotton ball under her nose. Once Jade was holding the cotton in place, Nurse Joy told her to look up to stop the bleeding, then she asked Jade if she wanted to call home. Jade didn’t want to go home though because of volleyball practice, so Jade shook her head saying, “No thank you.” After a while of waiting, Jade shifted her attention toward the bathroom, then she got up and went in to look in the mirror, “Nurse Joy, the bleeding stopped!” The nurse looked at Jade just in case, but the bleeding had stopped, so Jade was free to go even though she still looked half dead. As Jade started her way back to Algebra the school bell rang, which meant it was time for volleyball practice. Out of excitement, Jade ran as fast as she could to get there.

  In the girls’ locker room, as Jade was getting her gym shorts and shirt on, she noticed someone, a girl with long red hair and the perfect body shape, Jessica Thompson, a rude rich girl that thinks she’s better than everyone. Then Jade realized that she was headed right to her! Jessica shoved Jade out of her way and just continued to walk by like nothing even touched her. This incident made Jade furious and soon Jessica would regret that. When the girls left the locker room teams were chosen for a practice match. Jade noticed that Jessica was on the opposite team and Jade was still terribly upset with Jessica. Jade was chosen by the team leader to spike the ball, but instead of spiking it, she looked dead in Jessica’s eyes and throws the ball straight at her, but Jade somehow threw the ball so hard that it cut through the net like a knife and hit Jessica right in the chest, the blow to the chest sent Jessica flying backward into the concrete wall that was behind her, Jessica had hit the wall so hard that when she slammed into it, you could hear several cracks as Jessica slid to the floor unconscious. Everyone turned from looking at poor Jessica to slowly staring at Jade, but when they did everyone froze in horror. Jade Had a blank expression on her face, but the reason why they were all staring at her was obvious, Jade’s eyes are all white and her hair ever so slowly faded from blonde to a deep dark purple as she was now starting to hover over the floor as she got higher, the high school shook, then right from under Jade, cracks start to form causing the students to panic and run around in fear. The floor stopped shaking and the students could see what once large cracks in the ground had now formed a giant cave-like hole, leading deep down into the earth. Without any notice, a huge claw-like hand reaches out from the hole, grabs Jade by her legs, and quickly snatches her into the dark abyss all while she kept her blank expression the same as if she were in some sort of trance. After a moment or so passed, a loud growl can be very well heard coming from deep within the hole, causing everybody to panic again. After another moment or so passed, another growl can be heard from within the hole, this one being much louder than the last.

With this, followed a ground-shaking rumble from the hole, it stopped for only five seconds, just to start again then stop again. This continued over and over, each time getting more louder than the last while reaching closer and closer to the surface of the cave-like hole. When all of what seemed like hours of torture, everything went to complete silence. Right when the panicking students started to gather what had happened, a loud roar shook the floor from the surface of the hole. After this roar, EMERGING FROM THE HOLE WAS A GIANT BEAST LI- “Okay class! Pop quiz!” Mr. Cobalt said as Jade quickly woke up at the sound of his voice. "Did I fall asleep when I put my head down?"

May 20, 2023 02:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Graham Kinross
00:07 May 26, 2023

I liked this. I don’t think you needed the introduction is my only critique. Jump straight into the story. Other than that, great work.

Reply

JJBUG123 Awesome
18:27 Jun 10, 2023

Thank you very much. This was my first time actually finishing a story, I'm gonna take your advice. :)

Reply

Graham Kinross
20:58 Jun 10, 2023

Cool, keep writing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.