Can not believe I arrived here

Submitted into Contest #59 in response to: Write about a character arriving in a place unlike anywhere they’ve ever been.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Drama Adventure

It felt as if she was dreaming, "hurry someone pinch me! She is so thrilled, though it feels like a dream, though she knows it is real.” Speaking allowed to herself in her room as she packs. Let me begin by saying she would not be here if it was not for the fact of her great career. There is a lot of travel when it comes to her work and getting to go to exotic places are one of the perks. In the first year of the job she has got to go many places such as California, Washington, Colorado, and now the big trip. If anyone would have come to her a year or two back I telling her that she would be traveling for work promoting music artist and groups, her response…”Only in my dreams. Guess those dreams some how came to light and I was able to grab a hold of them.” Vanessa grew up very hard and her mom struggled to make ends meet to make sure she had everything that she needed throughout her life as well as guide her in her future. She always knew she would work hard for what she wanted out of life that was okay for her to work hard for what she gets. She definitely never once thought in life a thing would be handed to her, nor did she think her job would involve traveling either, she is so very grateful for the opportunities that have been put on her plate.

  The plane is coming in to land, It is unreal that she has already made it here. Vanessa looks out the window then back at her air plane seat neighbor, “Have you ever saw how beautiful it is when you look out the airplane window? It is absolutely taking my breathe away! The colors are so bright deep of blue, green, white, and golden shimmer.” “I have had a window seat looking at this particular landing before, I will say it is very beautiful. Is this your first time coming to the area? I travel here often, it is peaceful, there is fun, and I can actually work from here as well,” Vanessa plane neighbor. “I have not ever been here or any place like this in my life before, it is so amazing. I think I would like to make this a regular travel spot already,” Vanessa said as she giggles in delight. The plane comes to a stop everyone scatters in a hurry to get all there things and exit the plane. Vanessa is taking her time, no need to rush like that, my ride will be there waiting on her she has a entertainer to promote and party with here. As she exits the plane she slides down her shades to be able to in take all the beauty of the environment surrounding her. The airport was very clean, welcoming, and the attendants dressed very well. The decor is very nice and modern colors of black, white, red, and gold. There is help everywhere if you get lost but they have direction that is very easy to follow. Vanessa was to get her luggage then head to the front parking and pick up area. As she walks out the spinning door to the front parking and pick up area. As Vanessa walked out to to the front pick up area the greeters were there doing their job, “Welcome to the most beautiful Playa, Norte’ Island of Mujeres, Mexico. You will love your stay. We have maps, information of activities, and we can answer any questions you have.” Vanessa smiled grabbed some brochures as she went by, “Thank you for the information guys.” Then she continued on to see if her ride was already waiting on her outside. As she walks through the glass sliding doors, the sun was bright she pulled down her shades and begin to scan the limo drivers for her name. She spotted him and waved, the fine young man begin to walk in her direction as well. “Are you Miss. Vanessa Andres?” “Yes sir, that is me.” Vanessa answered the fine ass limo driver. “okay ma’am allow me to take your bags. He opened the door for her to allow her to sit, If you want to get seated and ready for the ride I am going to get your things packed in the limo and we will go.” The young man allowed her to get in gently closed the door, put her luggage in the limo, he got in a cranked up, “Are you ready to go to the beautiful Mia Reef Hotel ma’am?” “I am thank you very much.” Vanessa responded to the young man. They begin their ride to the destination. As they drove around through the town she was able to see the beautiful sit up of all the shops. Like the town is a large flea market in front of all their shops they set up out in the front many displays to attract attention of the shoppers. So many different colors, smiling and inviting faces to entice you to come look around. Then she looks over to the right, there is the beautiful white sand and crystal blue ocean. The sight is so breath taking, “I am getting out there directly, bet that!” Vanessa said allowed. “ I am sorry ma’am, what did you say?” the driver asked. “Oh I am sorry just talking out loud taking in all the beautiful sites.” She told the young man she did not even know she said that out loud.

  The driver was able to get her to the hotel safe, the bell hope got all her belongings taking them directly up to her room. The associate at the front was checking her in as Vanessa walked up to her desk, “Miss. Andres you are all set you are in suite C that is the extended stay suite all inclusive, also you are all paid up, if you need anything at all more towels anything just call down to the desk someone will make sure you get what you need. Can I answer any questions now or get you anything at all?” The associate asked then went back to finishing confirming she checked the guest in. Vanessa responded with such delight with the most pleasing smile, “No not at all, I think you all have done and informed me of anything I need to know as of now. This place is just stunning! Oh my, that water fountain is amazing trimmed with a shinny platinum silver tone, with crystals all over. The curtains and everything in here makes my mouth drop, I feel like I am royalty hahaha………” “HAHAHAHAHA! That is so funny and adorable Miss. Vanessa, We hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to seeing you around. I think you and I may get along. My name is Stephanie maybe we can chat and have a couple drinks when I am off.” “That sounds great Stephanie I think you are right I would love to get to know someone from the area now. I will talk to you soon!” Vanessa follows the concierge to her room in the elevator up, up, up we go. The top floor is the place with the bigger rooms more like an apartment or maybe a condo. Suite C is the room she entered into but could not believer her eyes. She knows everything has been very tasteful, luxurious, and upper level things. The room is so big, the decorations and furniture are so very nice, the pictures on the wall and paint job in the room are all very complimenting of the other. Vanessa thanks the concierge, tips him, closes the door, and lock it. She turns taking all this in the beautiful place she is staying, the killer career she has that has brought her here for the next two weeks promoting some amazing artist. She walked into the living room area ran her hand across the couch feeling that it was suave material, she came around to the end of the gray square couch sat down putting her feet up. She thought to herself, “ I ended up in a place unlike anywhere else I have ever been in my life. I feel as if I am going to continue to grow and it will take me to see other places I could not even imagine, believe me I tried.” Rubbing her hand gently across the back of the suave couch saying to her own self, “I am definitely in a place unlike anywhere I thought I would ever be in my life! I feel as if I have come up and gonna continue to rise to the top, maybe one day I will be the star.

She is so ready to get out on the beach to feel the sand beneath her feet, and the salty water on her body. She decides to go ahead and hang her clothes that need to be hung and then put away the rest in the drawers in the bedroom of the suite. She takes all of the facial regimen she uses nightly into the bathroom on the counter set out in order to use. Finally her bathing suit goes on, grabs a towel, her bag, and umbrella so she may work while relaxing on the beach. In her bag there are many flyers to promote the parties over the next couple weeks, she will be handing out this weekends flyers. Vanessa walks in her sandals in the beautiful white sand that is going between her toes as she walks. Finally after walking a good ways she found a great spot that is not right on the water but close enough to go and get wet. After getting all her area set up she decided to order a mixed drink while she relaxed. She has her drink, her computer and flyers all out ready to get used. The mango vodka Icey drink is great. The smell of the ocean breeze so fresh and salty. Sitting on the beach looking at the ocean it looks so blue but clear enough to see fish swimming through, legs of other patrons, and the coral reef's in the water. The sun shinning on the water makes it sparkle and glisten. The beauty of everything it is hard for her to take her eyes off and concentrate. "Man, I am so lucky. I would not trade this for the world!" She says aloud to herself. She continues to work enjoying every second in this place unlike any she has ever been in her life in the world.

September 19, 2020 01:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.