1 comment

General

One day there was a soul that lived high above the clouds. This soul dreamed of being part of the abundant flourishing ocean but had no way of connecting with the earth below. Every day he would flow through the clouds and think of the beauty of the sea. One day God visited the wandering soul and asked him “What do you want more than anything in life?” The soul told Him “I would love to be part of the mighty ocean, to live with the sea as I guide ships home to safety.” God said “Then go forth and be part of the ocean.” The soul sat hesitantly among the clouds not moving at all. God asked him “what’s wrong?”The soul said “I don’t know where to begin, what to do, how to get there.” God told the soul “have faith, trust in nature, and just let go.” The soul sat there thinking, and after a few moments of hesitation God asked, “are you not prepared to trust in me?” The soul looked down to earth and with a deep gulp exclaimed “I am, it’s just…I’m afraid.” It’s so far down. I’ve always remained in the clouds and though part of me wants to venture forward, the other part forces me to stay. I don’t know if I can do it. This is beyond my comprehension.” God smiled and once again said “ I am with you. Just have faith, trust in me, and let go.” The soul thought of what God had told him and how wonderful it would be to live among the fish in the sea. He continued to dream of how he would guide the ships to safe harbor. He tried desperately to build up the courage to venture forward, but still remained. The fear of the unknown was just too hard to bare. 


The soul remained in the clouds for nearly 5 years imprisoned by his own thoughts until one day he looked at his life and realized that he is not really living at all. The soul could not stand his frustration and indecision any longer. “Enough!” the soul shouted. “I promise I will follow my dream, trust in God, and let go.” With that he let loose his grip from the clouds and began to fall. As he let loose his grip he could feel the hard rush of a free fall take over him as he plummeted down towards earth. As he passed through the clouds he began to collect moisture and he formed into a raindrop. The soul continued to plummet down towards the earth in the form of a rain drop feeling tremendous excitement as he journeyed closer and closer towards the mighty ocean. As he neared earth’s surface he noticed that there was no ocean to be seen. The soul began to despair for his dream now seemed impossible. Suddenly he remembered what God had told him. “You must have faith.” With that the soul repeated to himself, “trust in God, trust in God, trust in God.” He continued to accept the full force of gravity as he fell towards the land with faith as his only comfort. 


The soul unexpectedly splashed on top a mountain. He sat there feeling stranded and alone, praying for a way to reach the ocean. Not knowing what to expect or what direction to take, he began to scan his surroundings and saw other drops of rain falling nearby. He thought that if he is patient, an answer will present itself. As he lie on the mountain rock he began to collect other drops of rain and soon formed into a small puddle. “I’m growing,” the soul exclaimed with pleasure. The soul knew he must continue to have faith if he were to make his way to the mighty ocean. So trusting where he was placed, the soul, which had now formed into a small puddle, accepted his environment and let go once again. He allowed gravity to guide him down the mountain.The puddle trickled freely until he slammed into a larger boulder. The soul puddled up and tried to push his way through, but was unable to move the rock mass. “ Stuck again” he exclaimed. “I can’t push through this, it’s impossible.” The soul despaired for a few moments but then discovered “If I can’t go through it, I’ll go around it.” The soul waited patiently once again for his mass to grow from the surrounding drops of water. As he grew in size, he began to flow freely around the rock boulder. As he learned this new technique, he began to freely flow around the rocks and trees with ease. “If any obstacle stands in my way, I will flow around it,” the soul exclaimed. As he flowed down the mountain he began to accumulate other small trickles of water in his path. The small trickle of water became larger and larger. Soon enough the soul began to form into a stream. 


He now began to move faster and more steadily as he flowed over the small rocks and pebbles which had once blocked his way. The stream continued to journey forward until he reached the river. As the soul merged into the river he continued to move forward. The soul noticed he now had no problem flowing over the larger rocks that he had once feared. He moved even faster now and continued to flow for miles and miles until he finally made his way to the abundant ocean where sea life is vast and flourishing. 


He thought back of how far he had come from living on a small cloud too afraid to let go, to now becoming the soul of the ocean which guides ships to safe harbors. At that moment the soul noticed the clouds open up, as a ray of light shone brightly along the calm ocean waves. With that the Soul of the Ocean sent a large wave across the horizon in gratitude of all God’s blessings.


October 08, 2019 19:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Jarod Cannon
22:38 Oct 17, 2019

Great message, very inspirational. A good story to share, great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.