^-*-_🌹Mai Lin🌹_-*-^

Submitted into Contest #53 in response to: Write a story that begins with someone's popsicle melting.... view prompt

3 comments

General

History


As I watched A stream of red popsicle liquid run down my knuckles, I remembered my rich past. The Changs' Fire Insignia on their battle uniforms still stayed vivid in my head. Red resembled something the Changs didn't have love and compassion. The Changs' only knew the way of destruction and war. Red flames flared from my village. The Changs' did it on purpose. They did it when people were still inside the houses. Many died that day. The moment played in my head like a horror movie. Their heartless people.



1,000 years from now, when peace and prosperity were all over the world, the Changs' showed up and ruined that. They took over land that wasn't theirs in the greed to expand their empire. The Changs' flag with the fire insignia hungover cities and countries. Mountain and terrain. And my country, Shanxi. Lee and Bao saved our city from getting handed over to the Changs'. Their our warriors. My city resembles them as the Kimrin Warriors. They were brothers and had the same last name in the legend, they had a sister but no one knew who it was. But all they knew was she master fire, water, earth, and air elements. And she was the only one to know electricity along with her daughter.



Part 1


Life. What a great game.

Sweet like cherries.



I nodded my head in a grateful gesture as whispers filled the courtyard as I walked by. Everyone would throw complements at me that I would gladly take in.

"Oh my goodness it's Miss. Lin!!" Mr. Chang bowed.

"Isn't she a beautiful pearl?" Mrs. Baozhai asked in admiration.

"Her eyes are the best almonds I've ever seen!!"

I heard Miss. Bai say.

I walked gracefully like a swan into my carriage.

"Good day Miss. Lin!" Mr. Chin, my driver had said.

"Oh, a very good day to you too Mr. Chin," I said with a polite nod.

Mr. Chin tugged the reins to make the horses start moving. I watched as we rode into my palace. The sand in the air was so fragrant do to the rain we had a couple of hours before. I found a couple of Yuan's in my pocket. Perhaps 1 thousand? It didn't really matter to me. I loved giving to people. Especially Mr. Chin. He didn't have to do this job but he chose to. As the carriage doors opened I held the Yuans in my hand firmly and stepped out. Mr. Chin held my hand to show gratitude. I said thank you and gave the Yuans to him. His face glowed like a light bulb after he saw how much I had given him.

"Thank you, Miss. Lin. You show great gratitude." he was about to bow but I held him so he wouldn't "Mr. Chin, for the greatness you show me even this whole palace isn't enough for you. Good day." I nodded my head as Mr. Chin got into the carriage and rode off to the backside of the palace. I nodded to everyone as I went up the stairs to my room. I walked and nodded until I got to my room. I opened the room and saw one maid cleaning my bookshelf and the other making my bed.





Part 2


Life. What a great game.

Sour like cranberries.




"Mai Lin!" They chimed together bowing.

I nodded.

I closed the door and walked over to the maids.

"Should we go to the Dao Arena?" I asked them.

They nodded in excitement.

"There will be a rope hanging from the balcony at night. We'll go then," I told them as they took out there extra pair of clothes.

I walked up the stairs to reveal a hidden room behind my bookshelf. In there, were swords and uniforms all neatly hung on the walls. I breathed in the room as it smelled like metal and triumph. I closed the door and changed. On top of my Dao uniform, I wore a hoody so people wouldn't know who I was.

"Come on Mai! Mr. Chin is waiting."

I closed the door and rushed down the stairs.

"Here!" I chimed. This was my secret. I knew the way of the sword. If my mother knew, she would be furious and I wouldn't be able to go outside till I was officially ungrounded. I took my sword and hung it around me in its sheath.

Since I didn't have time today, my hair was down curled at the ends. They bounced as I walked. It would make sword fighting a lot harder but I was up for the challenge.


* * *


It was evening now. So no one should be outside. But as I rush to the balcony, I knew someone was following me. Secretly.....

Ty Lee put her soft hand on my shoulder.

"Come on Mai grab the rope were outta here!" Ty Lee and my other maid Tamia urged.

"Huh? Ya...on it." I managed to say.

Ty and Tamia changed glances and knew something was wrong.

I held the rope firmly and climbed down as Mr. Chin waited at the end of it.

Ty Lee and Tamia followed my lead into the carriage.

"Thank you, Mr. Chin." We chimed together.

"Anytime for you girls." Mr. Chin said.

Again. The strange feeling of someone following us continued. It felt like it was someone I knew. Ty, Tamia, and I changed glances as we shifted side to side and felt the same way.


* * *


After some time, we reached the Arena. As Ty and Tamia battled first, I sat on the bench and that's when I saw it. A sword flung a hair away from me. I caught it by the handle and took my sword from its sheath, the two swords ready in my hands. It was the Changs. I could tell by the insignia. The Changs army circled us on horses. Coming out from all directions of the woods. I looked around. About 100 of them and 100 horses. Each horse and human armed with about 10 explosive items and 35 daggers across there bodies.

"Drop your weapons. Mai. We only want you. We won't hurt the girls and man that are with you." Prince Kai said firmly.

I hesitated. Then put the sword back in its sheath and threw the Chang's sword on the floor. Ty Lee and Tamia held their swords firmly. I nodded my head as a queue to put them down. They hesitated. Then put them back in there sheaths as they bowed and kneeled before me.

"If I come with you. Promise to leave my people and the rest of Shanxi alone." I said fighting treas from my eyes.

"Mai you can't do this!" Ty Lee called

"If you're going with them, were coming with you," Tamia reassures.

I held a hand toward there way. "If you really felt affection for me, you wouldn't disrespect me this way."

Ty Lee and Tamia held their heads down.

"Well, you should have taken me as a guest and not like this. I have a deal for you Prince Kai ... we will do a Dao Zhandou. If you strike me ten times then you can take me against my will. But if you lose, unfortunately...." I tried to say it aggravatingly.

"Alright! I got it!" He said aggravated. "Challenge accepted. Men make sure to have some evidence of this. I'm fighting a weak girl." He said with a scoff. His so-called men laughed at that comment.

Ty Lee and Tamia had their faces reddened.

"Take the girls over to our side. This will be for intimidating me to fight a girl." Said Prine Kai. He gestured towards the girls with a nod of his head.

"If any of you lay a hand on my people, I will make sure you don't have any."

I said quite firmly. I threw my sword that circled around Ty Lee, Tamia, and Mr. Chin.

His men stopped dead in their tracks and went back their way. A man that reached his hand for Ty Lee backed away. sword planted itself in front of my friends.

"Excalever. Stay." I told my blade. It gave a gentle nod and did as I said.

"With practice blades." Prince Kai said.

I smirked at him. "Yeah. As much as I hate the Changs' I am not ruthless. So I wouldn't accidentally wanna chop your head off with Excalever. "Ty Lee And Tamia. Keep track of my points. I don't need a blade." I said.

"Zhang and Yang. Keep track of my points." He scoffed.

His practice blade swung for my head. I generated electrical powers from the tips of my fingers and circled my fingers around me. I was in an electrical suit of armor.

Prince Kai made an attempt to run.

I brought my arms up and gracefully bent to the side of where the forest was circling us. a radioactive dome circled us so Prince Kai couldn't leave. I took my electrical armor off with a swish of my fingernail. I came closer to Prince Kai. I generated water on my fingertips and threw the water in the air where they turned into ice shards. His head was bald after that. I let my powers go. Everything settled down. I closed my eyes. and when I opened them Ty Lee and Tamia Begged me not to destroy Prince Kai. I circled my fingers towards the dome and stopped doing what I was doing. I caused destruction. Then I fell to the floor. Weightless. What I didn't know is that I brought attention to myself. My secrets were out. Now my whole village was staring at me. Eyes that use to be filled with admiration and mesmerization....was filled with anger and disgust. My village was staring at me in disbelief. One set of eyes popped out among all of them to me. My mother's. She came out of the group and held my hand smiling. Why was she proud? As if to read my thoughts she answered. She held her hand to the sky and electricity formed on her fingertips. Then it stopped. The village went wild.

I GOT POWERS AND THE WAY OF THE SWORD FROM MY MOTHER!! SHE WAS ATLAS! THE MIX OF OUR VILLAGE WARRIORS. SHE WAS THE KIMRIN WARRIOR!

Everybody bowed before me. Even the Changs'. I bowed back and nodded my head to show gratitude.

Then I heard a blade coming from its sheath behind me.

"Excalever!" The sword came to my hand and the violet stone near the handle glowed. I was just in time to stop Prince Kai's blade from going threw my skull. I spun around and kicked forcefully on his chest. He fell with a thud and grumbled. I blew a strand of hair from my face and put the blade back in its sheath.

"So this is how the 'Great Prince Kai' acts in defeat..." I eyed.

"You will pay for what you did to me, Mai!" He said through gritted teeth.

I held my sword out at his neck and leaned towards him.

"Princess Mai. And when you say that, your knees should hit the ground after you bow before me."

August 03, 2020 19:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Deborah Angevin
10:12 Aug 06, 2020

First, I like the story! It feels like a folklore/historical piece, but I'd like to see more of Princess Mai in action. Would you mind reading my recent story out, "(Pink)y Promise"? Thank you :D

Reply

Arushi Ramayanam
02:36 Aug 08, 2020

Thanks for letting me know your thought. I will read your story too. would you mind telling me your favorite part and sentence in the story?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Arushi Ramayanam
15:30 Aug 04, 2020

Hi Guys! 1.) So I wanna know your thoughts about this story. Did you like it or not? What can I improve? 2.) I also want you to write maybe a few sentences of what might happen next with your own imagination. 3.) let me know if you like my story and if you like these short lines I ask yall to write. 4.) What's your favorite part and sentence in the story, "Mai Lin?" It would be highly helpful if you guys did this and fun. Enjoy Mai Lin!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.