0 comments

Adventure Coming of Age Friendship

I am a genetic introvert. I have always been very quiet both at home and in school. You are a genetic extrovert who were always so outstanding and loved at home and in school. I am always jealous about you being so well-rounded and full of friends.

Do you remember those moments, you and me were in the community centre, you were ice skating on the ground and I was so timid in sliding the ice. You were always a star on the ice, like the ice skate Scott, you could always catch all the attention of the audience. I was lucky enough to always have you couching me sliding the ice. With your hands holding mine, I could not only feel the warmth on my hands, but both in the mind and my heart. You were always smiling with your white teeth outshining others, and your hair flying in the air just like those white horses running on the ground with their muscles twitching at each moment. Your flexible body always looked so alluring and your sweat was always scented like perfume. Your humorous character showed splendidly on the ice while you were skating on board. Look at those soft and smooth movements of your physique and body, look at the dancing of your arms and hands, look at those slim legs switching their position so skillfully, I couldn’t believe I was here with such a beautiful Prince on the ice.

Do you remember those moments, when we were in the same classroom, and taking our history class, we were so interested in countries’ civil wars, World War one and two, and Cold Wars. You were so eloquent and fluent in German because you said you hate what Hitler did during WW2 and you even started a Anti-Hate club to remember the victims during the wars. You had always been a great activist who always liked being the leader of the group. You always liked taking initiative in starting games and being the head of the team. You never let down or gave up any ideas or any members and you are always the one taking the most responsibilities. As your classmate I felt so safe and protected, and I wonder if one day we didn’t have you, what would happen to the entire group, even to the world. This world would be less interesting or so much more boring with your funny character.

Do you remember those moments, when we were together studying, you were always the one who could finish your homework on time and helped others with their homework problems. You were always a solution to everything. Computer programing, robotics, literatures, English, French, German, and Maths. Sometimes I wonder, why would God be so unfair that he gave you a gorgeous face with such an ingenious mind. Later in life, you even obtained your pilot license during your military training and often said to me with your usual indifferent tone, “Ya, I just drove to work with my Bowing 747 and tank XXX today”. You are such an intelligent Man, and our Nation, our team, our platoon, our people, our soldier, need you, as our leader, for a brighter and more beautiful future.

Do you remember those moments, when we were sailing on the boat you made, you were so proud to showcase me what you had done on your boat and your improvement on it. You said there was a new motor at the back, the new paint you just got on it, the new nails you just put in the bottom to prevent its leak. You made this boat out of nothing and you said this took you 241 hours to make. You said you thought you would make an airplane instead but thinking that might be too expensive. Sailing in the wind, with your life jacket on, listening to your bad jokes, your always melodic voices and tender care, your beautiful smile and face, and I could never get tired of your handsome body physique, I feel this world is so much nicer, and beautiful, because of you.

Do you remember those moments, you were with your buddies and going to a restaurant for your lunch during the day, and you ordered three light beers and spent three hours talking about nonsense stuffs with your army buddies. You were so talkative while you were drunk. Your face flushed and you didn’t seem like the one who were usually very prudent about his speech. You talked about how you caught fishes while sailing on the ocean, how students in your programming class made an application that could be life saving, how doctors in the hospital often took your blood samples for testing and labs, how you wanted the army to improve, and how you laugh at yourself like all the others in the group. “Keep it simple stupid,” you said, and I always remember this is your motto while talking to people. Your speeches are always clear and direct, forceful but careful, they are the easiest command I could hear. Listening to you I could save pages of speech to understand the main point. I have never doubt for a second that you are the best leader in the Army.

Do you remember those moments, we were in the Humane Society, you are a superstar in the group while all dogs and cats recognize you. They often run to you with great excitement and joy, even though they were having injuries or had surgeries on their bodies. You had been sharing your time with all these poor little ones and your love and passion had never ceased. You never bragged about your life though, even though they are really meaningful to others. Especially when I was upset about my failures, you were the only one who were patient enough to talk to me, to be my consultant and talked me though the situation. You are always my Hero, the most beautiful Hero. You are amazing.

I am glad to have you in my life, and God blesses this beautiful Angel to have a long and happy life. 

July 25, 2021 20:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.