2 comments

General

Most of my memories of my childhood were dark and painful. Lorelai recalled in her own mind. She remembered the beatings and the inappropriate acts her family had done to her. Poor lorelai was just an object of her families pleasures at the ripe age of 13. Before that it was mild. The worst part was her mother was just as involved. Family members and other strange men would pay her mother and lorelai would be locked in a room always tied up or strapped to the furniture. The stuff that was done to her was unspeakable. Lorelai never forgot. But her one place of solitude was only found by following a special hidden path. The path called to her. Even when she was let go and took off running. She found herself following the path. At the end there was like a barrier of some kind that lead into this magical place in the opening of the forest. In this forest. Flowers blooked brightly and the rivers sparkled. The trees spoke to her and the animals came to her. This forest wasn't just any old forest. This forest was magical. In the enchanted forest she met a young boy there. This boys name was Leopold. He called himself a prince. At first she wasnt fond of him. But she could tell her he felt differantly for her by the gazes he sent her way. This forest was like a world of it's own. It was her escape. She would hear the calls of her mother and would wake up in her own bed in the mess that was left behind the night before. Lorelai always assumed that the place she escaped to was just a dream. Her mind created to help her cope. She started to grow up her body still being abused by whome ever could afford to pay her mother. Lorelai was finally 16. That was the last time made her way to the forest as her mother was weary of this old town they called home. Leaving the forest and Leo behind devastated her. Lorelai fell into a depression. She gave up on fighting what her mother put her through. Till she couldn't anymore. After many more years of torture. She had lost hope of a normal life. Untill Her friend a unique winged horse came to bring her back. But she wasnt the same. She had grown up and grown cold and distant. Even leo could feel it. This broke his heart. He couldn't believe that someone so vibrant and strong could he torn down the way she was. Leo tried his best to take care of her. Till again she was called back to her real life. That was the last they seen of her. For awhile Years have passed and the young girl has finally became a women and broken free of her mothers money hungry clutches. But within that time she was convinced that her paradise and her friends were a figment of her imagination. But something kept calling her back. She decided to do something she dreaded the most. Returning back to the home where she had her childhood stripped from her. Lorelai was dreading it but knew she had to face it. So after a long flight and a car ride to her secluded childhood farm house. She was back and the memories flooded her mind. Her greedy momma the feel of all those man's hands on her body. She shook them away. Walking through the house those flash backs came back blinding her. She got dizzy and had to sit down. But something called to her. The familiar becoming of her youth. She followed blindly making her way down the trail of bricks that appeared in front of her. She got to the end and only saw the entrance to the forest. But as she kept walking she felt herself pass through something kinda thick like a curtain. Looking around the forest was still enchanted but it had changed almost like herself. The once beautiful flowers had wilted and the river lost its glow. This broke her heart. She hears the familiar voice of leo behind her. Lorelai is that really you? I turned to answer and was shocked at what I had seen Leo even lost his radiance she remembered his skin and hair had paled. He reached out for her and his brittle hands shook. Tears stung her eyes. He spoke and the sound of his voice tore her up even more. When you left we never thought you would be back. The forest has changed with your absence. Lorelai looked him over in disbelief. She couldnt believe she had forgotten the ones who were there for her. All her life she was convinced they didnt exist and there was no one to save her. She fell to her knees and wept. She felt her hand lightly gripped and looked up at leo. He pulled her close. This place missed you. But I think I missed you the most my beautiful princess. You were always special to me. I looked him over with disbelief after all this time he still cared for her. But things werent the same. She pulled away from him and looked to her feet as the tears fell to the ground. She was so broken she didnt deserve him. Or anyone's love. She pushed the already fragile looking prince further away "No I am not special. I am just some peice of smack for other peoples pleasure. She shook her head at him as the tears built up more she hated when people saw her cry but it meant more when it came to him. She looked away. he wrapped her arms around herself as her body started to convulse from the crying fit. She turned away from him. He lightly took her arm and turned her back to him as he pulled her into his arms. He lightly kissed her tears away. Look loral I love you and I always have. You never been that for me. You been so much more precious. I want you and only you. Lorelai froze when he pulled her to him. She didnt know how to react she felt like he wanted something from her like all the rest. But then he kissed her cheeks so tenderly. And the way he held her felt differantly as fragile as he looked. His embrace was strong.   

October 13, 2019 11:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

DEVIKA P
06:03 Oct 24, 2019

Wow! I was gripped in this story and you wrote from the heart. Dark and painful experience relish to such circumstances. Bad experiences allow for a child to grow into a troubled adult.

Reply

Lizzy Wilson
12:31 Oct 25, 2019

Thanks I liked your story too.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.