Hero and Villain

Submitted into Contest #263 in response to: Write about two mortal enemies who must work together.... view prompt

1 comment

Fantasy

Once upon a time in the peaceful kingdom of Arindale, there were two mortal enemies named Aria and Marcus. Aria was the Princess of Arindale, with her flowing golden hair and bright blue eyes. She was beloved by all of her subjects, but she constantly worried about what people said . On the other hand, Marcus was the leader of the neighboring kingdom of Thorne, with his dark hair and beautiful green eyes, he was feared by all who crossed his path, he also worried .

The feud between Aria and Marcus began many years ago when their fathers, the kings of Arindale and Thorne, had a falling out over a disputed piece of land. Since then, Aria and Marcus had been raised to hate each other, and the rivalry between their kingdoms had only grown stronger and stronger  with each passing year.

One fateful day, a great evil descended upon the land of Arindale. A powerful sorcerer named Malakar had unleashed a crowd of dark creatures upon the kingdom, threatening to destroy everything in his path. The people of Arindale were terrified, and even the bravest knights were unable to defeat Malakar and his minions.

Desperate for help, Princess Aria knew that she had only one option left - to seek out Marcus, her sworn enemy, and ask for his assistance in defeating the sorcerer. Reluctantly, she rode to the kingdom of Thorn and pleaded with Marcus to put aside their differences and join forces to save their people.

At first, Marcus was hesitant to trust Aria. After all, she was the daughter of the man who had wronged his kingdom so many years ago. But as he looked into her eyes and saw the fear and determination in them, he knew that he had to set aside his pride and do what was best for his people.

And so, Aria and Marcus joined forces and set out on a dangerous quest to defeat Malakar. Along the way, they encountered many challenges and obstacles, but they learned to work together despite their differences. Aria's quick thinking and clever strategies complemented Marcus's strength and bravery, and together they made a great team.

As they journeyed through dark forests and tricky mountains, Aria and Marcus began to see past their prejudices and truly understand each other. They learned that they had more in common than they had ever realized, and a bond of friendship began to form between them.

Finally, after many days of hardship and struggle, Aria and Marcus reached the sorcerer's stronghold. Malakar awaited them, surrounded by his dark minions and ready to unleash his full power upon them. But Aria and Marcus stood tall and faced him with unwavering determination.  In Their brains they were like “Is Malakar going to beat us in the fight?” “Are we going to get hurt?” ”What are the villages going to think of us if we lose the fight? “ they said. They were fearing the worst .

Malakar threw his sword across the battlefield aiming at Marcus and Aria but it hit Aria. It felt as if everything stopped. Marcus immediately runs towards Aria. “ Aria, wake up please, I can’t win without you.” Marcus with tears coming out of his eyes.  But alas, Aria was still. He put his ear towards her heart but he didn’t feel anything. As if she was dead. He gave her a kiss. “ You’re right you can’t win alone. “ Aria says. “ Aria, you’re alive!” Marcus says full of happiness. “ Come on, we have to fight.” Aria says. “ Aren’t you hurt though?” Marcus asks her. “ No, it feels like I just woke up for a nap.” Aria says. “ If you’re not hurt, get your sword. It’s time for Malkar to die.” Marcus says. 

In a fierce battle that shook the very bottom of the earth, Aria and Marcus fought side by side against Malakar and his minions. Their combined strength and teamwork proved to be too much for the sorcerer to handle, and in the end, they emerged victorious.

With Malakar defeated and peace restored to the land of Arindale, Aria and Marcus returned to their kingdoms as heroes. The people of both kingdoms rejoiced at the news of their victory, and Aria and Marcus were hailed as saviors by all.

“ Aria, I have an important question for you.” Marcus asks Aria. “ What is it?” Aria asks. “ I’ve known you for three years but it feels like I’ve known you all my life. I have found a friend and companion in you. Would you be my girlfriend?’ Marcus asks Aria. “ Yes!I’ve been waiting for you to ask me for a long time.” Aria says happily. Marcus’s face is full of gleam. “ You don’t care about what the village, or even more important your parents will say?” Marcus asks Aria. “ No, because with all the time we spent together you’ve taught me not to care about what everyone says. I just want to follow my heart and it’s telling me to say yes.” Aria replies. “ I feel like a whole different person next to you.” Marcus says. They kiss and hug each other.

“ Aria, I think we should tell our parents.” Marcus says. “ Of course, but right now?” Aria asks, confused. “ Yeah, but I want them to know now.” Marcus says. “ I wouldn’t mind telling them “ Aria says. They mount on their horses and ride back to Arendele. They walk out and find their father’s shaking hands. “ Father, we have good news to tell you.” Marcus says. “ No son, We have even better news for you.” We became friends and. We hugged and are cool now 

But more importantly, Aria and Marcus had found a true friend in each other. They had learned that even the greatest of enemies could become allies when faced with a common threat, and their bond of friendship would last for the rest of their days.

And so, the Princess of Arindale and the Leader of Thorne lived happily ever after, proving that even the most unlikely of allies could overcome any obstacle when they worked together in harmony.

August 16, 2024 17:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Stephen Hansen
20:18 Aug 20, 2024

A great theme for such dark and difficult times in our world. Well done.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.