The “Car Camera” Presenter

Submitted into Contest #78 in response to: Set your story at a convention for a hobby most people have never heard of.... view prompt

1 comment

Drama

Thirteen years have passed by, and she recalls the morning she watched from her upstairs window as her mother wobbled down the pathway toward the carport to get into her Jeep. She can’t help but to notice the mark on her mother’s neck from a recent surgery. Her eyes fill with tears as she worries about the agony her mother must be in as she slowly backs out of the carport.


Sickly herself she can’t muster up enough strength to complete the project she was working on the Bible Hotel and theme Park. Later, she renamed the project the Story Book theme park and Hotel. She set that project aside and thought of a way to help her mother that was distressed. She has it the ”Car Camera Alert” system. A multi-camera system that is equipped in the television, computer, mobile device in the home and audio computer display that will be located in the vehicle. She thinks if only she can view and communicate with her mother in her Jeep in the carport or while traveling, from the television or the other electronic devices in the home or...to a computer display in the vehicle she will be safe. She believes her mother’s privacy will not be invaded if she communicates to her by the computer display in the vehicle by means of the television, computer or mobile device from the home.She thinks of in turn how her mother may reply to her while traveling by camera and audio transmission located on the computer vehicle display. She placed the camera structured like the back of a mobile device near the front door of the house with motion detectors. As she goes to enter the information in the computer or draw what she was working on the alarms go off and she becomes sickly again.


She sets the high tech project aside and works on “Panda Bear Go” which her mother renamed “Panda Bear Go Home” board game. After completing the board game she contacts a reputable company. The company reviews the designs and would like to see how the game is played.

.......................................

The next day she buys a little safe to lock her notes in for the Car Camera House Alert project at a later date. Unfortunate for herself the key no longer fits the safe. So she is downhearted again.


Six months have passed by, and she has her puppy fetch the morning paper. She takes the newspaper from his mouth and rewards him.

She reads about a convention being held for up and coming new inventions. She thinks of a demo to present by 3D hologram with effects for the theme park or Car Camera House Alert system. Again, she remembers her sickly mother and decides to draw her plans for the car camera including the car, house,garage. The components are the television, computer, mobile device and the vehicle cameras and computer display. She draws the house camera similar to the back of a mobile device to place on the home with motion detectors. Addendum, she decides to add special effects, a touch of class “temperature mood” with special songs that relate to every season on the car computer display.

She submits both the house and car camera projects to a reputable invention company to review. That day the consultant gives her a ring and ask her which project she would like to move forward with the Car Camera or House Camera alert system. She stares into her mothers eyes very worried about her mother”s driving pattern and chooses to move forward with the Car Camera house alert system. Unsure if her mother heard her choice she sought to surprise her mom. The reputable company XYZ built the demo of how the car camera transmits an image of a thief vandalizing a car, transmitting this image to the computer. Too, indicating the other electronic devices television and mobile device that are located in the home and vehicle will receive the same transmitted image.


Next, she decides to move forward with the second part of her project the House Camera Alert system. This project she shares with her mom. She exclaims there already advertising it on television.


That day she called XYZ and they said you can sue them for infringement. She wanted to combine both the house and car camera invention into one but was told by a lawyers firm that she would have to pay for amendments. Too, her chagrin she cannot afford to move forward with the project.


Still determined to share this spectacular car and house alert performance combined as a hologram presentation, she views the demo online at XYZ company. She decides to build her presentation as a hologram presentation. Her presentation will be simple, but unique.


She takes her notebook out and draws a picture of the vehicle,house and garage. She positions the television and computer in the home and has her character hold the mobile device. She makes the connection a camera positioned in the vehicle front and back . An image of the mailman at the front door will be displayed on the computer displays with audio in the home and car computer display. However, she is lacking her computer program.

She contacts a reputable women’s association to hire a research team from a University that works with new technology. She is advised that they in fact do have research teams that help to build the project and programs.

...........................................................

She programs her computer applications to demonstrate how you can detect and view anyone on your property, your home, or near or in your vehicle by means of the motion detectors. This approach is successful, so she advances her project to include a way to inform the owner by audio and camera transmission if anyone is near your property from “anywhere” in the United States or abroad. She has five minutes to convince the audience that the project is successful. She remembers that her mother told her that part of the project had been discovered and is being advertised on television.


Tearfully, she regrets the fact that she could not move forward with her project three years earlier and work under the most trying circumstances.


Now that her holographic presentation is complete she practices her presentation. Afterwards, she brushes her teeth and she is so nervous that she flashes in the toilet. Still determined to present, she purchases online a black suit,white blouse and matching cache bag. She makes an appointment at the beauty shop and has her hair styled perfectly.


There are one hundred competitors from all over the world who are competing for recognition for high-tech resolutions. Dressed in her business casual attire she leaves early that morning to arrive at the convention. She must find out if her strategy for the “Car Camera House Alert System” works.


All presenters have their numbers. She sets up her car camera house display so that the consumer can view how her cameras capture anyone trying to break into your car, in your garage, on your property, or at the home. Her biggest commodity to present is the television and how the motion detectors trigger a response. You can see the person near your car, on your property, garage or at the front door, on the sides of the home by means of the back of a mobile device and to show how the camera functions with audio.

Every attendee that visits her display at the convention shakes her hand .


The time has come for her to present. Sweat drips down her face and she suddenly flashes in the trash can.


She now now steps up on the platform to give her presentation. She looks to the right and her favorite college peer is not there beside her to present “mom”. After the presentation is over everyone gives her a standing ovation for the newest high tech invention that will be featured worldwide on the market.


Suddenly, after the presentation is over she collapsed. She is rushed to the hospital. Later, she vanishes from the public to anonymously complete her projects.


To this day she is reknown as the inventor of the Car Camera House Alert System a dynamic hologram presentation, the internet television, the remote control with phone, the phone watch and air cars and a cute ball that counts to 100. This does not include three board games , playing cards, a concert by the sea restaurant called “ Sail Away” and her infamous Yamzee tea” with pumpkin spice.



.

























January 23, 2021 22:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

17:46 Jan 30, 2021

I am going to share this story with all of my friends, it is miraculous! If you don't mind, can you please come and read my story, as I am seeking some constructive criticism. Also, can you please like and follow me? (You don't have to, but I would appreciate it a lot).

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.