0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Drama

“I wasn’t expecting you to visit me here in my home. I see you’ve come carrying a shopping bag. I suppose you’re on your way to the fish market next door.”

“No. I’ve come on a mission to your place. I know you don’t approve of me. So would I if I were you! You are a young widow whereas I run the best brothel on this part of our planet. But we are of the same age and we grew up together until we grew boobs. I must laugh as I’m using a coarse term! But you’ll be surprised at the terms and language my clients seek! If I didn’t cater to them where will my money come from? You’re silent. Why don’t you say something? You won’t speak?  I will! Our king’s law giver has said all professions are ethical including brothels and should be equally accepted.”

“I won’t say anything derogatory. Live and let live as they say.”

“But I know what you’re thinking. Why am I sighing?”

“Search me.”

“Even then there will be no answer as you don’t know. I’m sighing because of the problems caused by the amethyst.”

“I’m surprised. What is the amethyst?”

“It is a stone of extreme occult significance. It was brought back from the snake pit in a forbidding region where others aren’t normally allowed by the native tribes.”

“I’ve also heard about that island. What about the amethyst?”

“It was brought to me by that man when our marriage was fixed. You know what happened to him.”

“He was the man proposed for me after you.”

“He thought you were more attractive. I again say all men search for the same place and it is all the same in women in bed but these men are crazy looking for attractive women!”

“Why didn’t that man marry you?

“It is a long story but I’ll tell you. He gave the amethyst to me, told me about its powers and said how he had got it. I took it to our wizard and asked her about it. She wanted a day to study it in detail. The next day she said though amethysts are supposed to yield good luck this one had a curse on it. She put a counter spell on it and said that the stone was not totally clean and that it could bring both good and evil depending on the predetermined fate of its holder. I didn’t return the amethyst to the man. Of course I couldn’t marry him as he had dropped me for you. A noted brigand  came to me to get hold of the amethyst. I wouldn’t give it to him. He abducted me. I can give you details of what he did to me. But in short my legs were spread on bed, and my heels were made to point to the ceiling. I was no longer a virgin! I decided I would stay single but the female part in me was often brimming seeking only what a man can share. I did date a few men and being dissatisfied turned to run a brothel. Depending on the money that could be made I would have combination sessions with various partners both male and female. Where was I? Yes. I was telling you about that man rejecting me in your favor.”

“It’s true I had agreed to marry him. But before that we heard he was murdered. You know that man was moneyed and had owned a fleet of ships. He would hire them for long and short sailings on the sea. On one of his trips he had hauled certain mushrooms and mandrakes and a pirate had wanted to know where the load had come from. The man wouldn’t give the details and he was abducted. I heard he was tortured when he had lied and, his tongue was cut off and finally he was killed. It seems his mangled body was found. The amethyst had once been with him and its evil effect had at last overtaken him. I’ve told you all I know. Now tell me your story.”

“I wasn’t married either to that man. I had taken into my service a gypsy girl - a young widow. Like you put it one part of me was also often brimming longing for what a man could do with a woman in bed. She would often transport me beyond the seventh heaven so to say! But she suddenly eloped with someone and I got married to a rich old man who had even forgotten the essential differences between male and female! I tried to revive him but failed and he passed away. I still want to be caressed by a male. But right now I’ve no plans.”

“It may not happen. You’re likely to be left with that part brimming. I’ve brought the amethyst here in my bag. See it.”

“It’s a big piece and looks very nice. Can I handle it?”

“Of course! That is why I brought it. Its effect is to bring wealth of which you have plenty left to you by your dead husband.”

“But you said it has mixed consequences.”

“Yes. I’m sighing again. Why? I wish I hadn’t met that man. I’m so jealous of you. If I had tḥe tendency I could perhaps have replaced the gypsy girl whom you had to service you. But no! That won’t dry the brimming part which demands manhandling. Do you live alone here?”

“No. I have a cook who stays here with me.”

“I’m really sick of life. No husband, no children and so on. What is the use of a pile of money I’ve made? I’m really jealous of you. Why did that man say he preferred you to me? I can’t forgive ḥim. Why did you have to come in between?”

“It isn’t me it is the amethyst. Cast it aside.”

“Easier said than done! I’ll discard it in your well after I’m done with you.”

“My God! You’ve brought a dagger!”

“It’s for you.”

“What do I do with it? I’m laughing at your naivete.”

“Don’t advance on me with the dagger! Help…. help…… help….”

“Cook, I’ve stabbed her and she has fallen dead. You’ll next hear the sound of me falling into the well with the amethyst.”

“I’m Lima’s neighbor. Hearing sounds and screams I’ve come have come running. ”

“I’m the cook and I know you’re a neighbor. The visitor stabbed this woman to death and has presumably jumped into the deep well. I heard the noise of a splash. She is surely dead. She said something about an amethyst which I couldn’t follow.”

“There is nothing we can do. Report it all to the king’s law giver.”

END

February 19, 2023 00:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.