0 comments

Holiday

Summer afternoons are maybe the best time for children. Slight blows of wind, setting sun, ice-creams are the memoir of summer to everyone. But as we grew up, somehow the fun vanished in the air. I was no exception of this. This story is about me, who found that fun after being a grown up.

I, Vivek, am an college student, tensed by the pressure of career. Yesterday I was a little bit spaced out, thinking of my childhood days. Suddenly a plan stuck into my mind. I made a conference call with my friends. They live in the same society as mine. I proposed them a plan to meet up on the next Sunday. The meet up will be held in a tree house we made in our childhood. We had really a great affection towards the tree house. We also carved our names on the tree. But now the condition of the house is severe. So we planned to repair it. We planned to start the work in the morning and hoped to finish it before afternoon. We gathered some money and bought the goods for repair.

Sunday morning, at 6 o'clock, we all were present at the spot. Though Raj was 5 minutes late. Soon we started the work. We split up the work. Raj was appointed with the work of replacing the woods. Sonia took the work of cleaning bushes and unwanted plants. I was in painting. Zyan was collecting things for comfort and enjoyment. And Azia was upto making foods for us the whole day. It was a hectic work for us. But we didn't stop. The greed of freedom was helping us to do our best. I colored the house with violate color and sky blue on the top. Sonia found some use ful plants for her project as she is a student of botany. Raj really did his work like a professional. Azia on the other side was into her cooking. The smell of the food mesmerized us. She became an angel of cooking, creating spells in her foods. We ate some fruits at 10 o'clock. Then we again resumed our work. We completed work around 1:30 pm. We took our turns and went our homes to take bath. We all gathered together in 2:30 pm. After that we dug into the meal. In meal, we had rice, veg curry and potato fries. That may look simple, but it was really a delicious meal. And to be honest, Azia is really a great cook.

After this we rested a bit. Zyan somehow managed some old stuffs of ours. Zyan said that, when we stopped to come here, zyan took the stuffs and secured them in his "treasure chest". I still remember that the box was like the heart to zyan. Zyanused to be a collector back then. He used collect things like rare shaped rocks, abandoned toys etc. Those old stuffs were also really close to our hearts. So we became children after seeing them. We decided that we will also do barbeque in the evening. So I called my mom and requested her to give us the oven, some veggies, meat and sauce. Now it was time for us to chill. Around 4:30, many kids came to play in the ground. Our tree house is a little bit far from the ground. We were seeing them from the balcony of the tree house. Some kids came to see the tree house. They became so amazed to see the renewed tree house.

I said, "we really were so happy in the childhood days, na? "

Raj said, " Yeah! Those were the best days of our lives. We were like independent birds.

Azia said, " Those slight wind blows, candies, ice-creams, I really miss them a lot. "

Sania said, " Hey look.l, there is a ice-cream vendor.what do you guys say? "

Zyan said, " Let's hop into it. Hahaa."

We maybe are grown ups now, but that day we again became children. We bought stick ice-creams and ate them laughing, just like old days. Our tongues and lips were colored by the ice-creams.

I said, " Guys, now I'm proposing a resolution, we will eat from every vendor we will see here. Are you with me? "

All in chorus, " Heck yeah"

We enjoyed many fast foods like 'fuchkas', 'momos', 'samosa' etc. We found those foods as gourmet dishes. And it also proved that if you share food, it tastes more delicious. Maybe the happiness in heart make it feel more delicious. We tasted every food we found nearby. But we didn't eat too much as we also had a plan to do barbeque. After tasting everything, we returned to the tree house. There we tied a rope on a branch of the tree. In the end of the rope, we tied a tyre and made a swing. We then took our turns to play in it. First it felt a little bit awkward, but after some swings I started to enjoy it. Some people were passing by the tree. Maybe they thought that we are weirdos. But we didn't care at all. To be honest, we felt free after a decade. That feeling was like a dream, like we were playing in clouds, flying and having fun. Like.... Like a fairly tale came true.

Then, when the sun was about set, we started our prep-work for barbeque. This time we all helped Azia with her cooking. Sonia had a special spice mix which enhanced the food's flavour.We cooked for each other and shared food. After having a full tummy, we entered the tree house to spend last sloppy minutes. We blew candles to lighten the tree house. After gossiping some time, we all went for our homes.

Before leaving we decided that we will come to the tree house once a month. That day will be the day for us to live carefree and relaxed. And the tree house will be our dream land, where we can do anything, no one will stop us there.

July 16, 2020 14:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.