My story is entitled The Law plays a relevant role in the community as a whole.

Written in response to: Write a story where the law plays an important role.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Western

My story is entitled The law plays a relevant role in the community as a whole.


The law is known as the collection of rules that is actually imposed by Authority.

It can observed that activities that involves lawsuit and other cases are often held in the court either in the High Court or the Supreme court.

Sometimes it is the court that judges cases during lawsuit before an individual is charged with an offence of whether guilty or not guilty.

When an individual is found not to be guilty he is set free to enjoy freedom and justice.

Likewise when an individual is found to be guilty he is brought forward to face the full rigours of the law either to pay a fine or he is put into custody or prison .


It is noted that civilization presupposes respect for the law.

Also the law is mainly known as legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity.


In some instances ,the law is a rule or body of conduct inherent in human nature and it is always essential to be binding upon human society.

The law plays an important role since it is a set of rules that are created and are enforceable by social or governmental institutions to regulate behaviour with its precise definition a matter of long standing debate.


Law is also the art of justice.

The state enforced laws can be made by a group legislature. Also resulting in statutes by the executive through decrees and regulations or established by judges through precedent usually in common law jurisdiction.

The private individuals may create legally binding contracts including arbitration agreements that adopt alternative ways of resolving disputes to the court litigation.


Also the creation laws themselves may be influenced by a Constitution that is written or also tacit and the rights encoded therein.

The law shapes politics, economics,history and society in the various ways and serves as a mediator of relations between people.

The Civil law jurisdiction is a legislature or other central body that codifies and consolidates the law.

It is mentioned that lawyers are expensive as can be observed by the American Bar Association and Ghana Bar Association .

However in the common law systems ,judges may make binding cases through precedent.

Also the Law plays an important role in the Law Reform Commission and the Legal Aid Commission.

Hart argued that Law is a system of rules.

Legal aid commission offers aid to the poor and the vulnerable of society.

Dworkin describes law as an interpretive concept to achieving justice as a rule of law.


In addition Aquinas argues that law is a rational ordering of things which concerns the common good that is promulgated by whoever is charged with the care of the community.

Lawyers also argue that law reflects essential moral and unchangeable laws of nature.

Lawyers often face challenges at all times.


Again the Law is mentioned to be good ,ts execution is poor and the manners judge the law based on the manners in which it is executed.

Also law emanates from the will to power and cannot be moral or immoral.

Hans Kelsen postulated the Pure Theory of law.

It is noted that Hans Kelsen believed that although law is separate from morality. It is actually endowed with normativity meaning we ought to obey it .

The law actually tells us what we should do.

Also the Law is a legal system that can hypothesize to have a basic norm.


Again religious law has influenced secular matters.

The Sharia law of Moslems is based on Islamic principles as the primary legal system in several countries including Iran and Saudi Arabia. The Sharia law mentions that when an individual commits an offence his head or arm,leg or any part of his body should be cut off in public.

The Public law concerns government and society including the Constitutional law ,Administrative law and criminal law.

There are common law jurisdictions.

Also the law provides a source of scholarly inquiry into legal history.


Again the law raises an important and complex issues concerning equality ,fairness and justice.

The philosophy of law is commonly known as Jurisprudence.

Again the law is a system of rules and guidelines which are enforceable through social institutions to a given behaviour.

Austin mentioned that law is a command of a sovereign backed by a threat of a sanction.

The major functions of law includes namely

1. The maintenance of law and order in society.

2. Maintaining the status quo within the society.

The law provides a framework and rules to help resolve disputes between individuals.

Also the law provides a system where individuals can bring their disputes before an impartial fact finder such as a judge or jury.


Among the functions of law includes

1. Definition and Regulations of Social Relationships.

2. Identification and the Allocation of Official Authority.

3. Dispute Settlement and Remedies.

4. Change of law.


The source of law are the Constitution ,statutes cases and regulations.

The law plays an important role in our society since it protects individual rights and liberties.

Again law provides a framework and other to help resolve disputes between individuals.

The importance of law plays an important role within the community.

It can be noted that the law serves as the standard for some acceptable behaviours in society.

Again the Law plays an important role by resolving disputes in the community.

Also some crimes such as theft and murder are self evident and often codified in law.

Laws provides the access to justice in the society. Justice is equitable in an ideal world.

Laws protect the most vulnerable in our society. Other laws have been enacted to safeguard some distinct group of individuals.

Laws also provide a wide range of professional opportunities.

Also Law is known as a diverse and adoptable profession.


Another important role that the Law often plays is that it helps to often maintain peace and order in the society or community.

The law is fundamentally about resolving disputes earlier in the article.

Also the law is necessary for keeping peace.

In addition injustice is a source of conflict.

Laws are important for social progress within the society.

Also Law was also used to effect a change in the society through history.


In addition the Law makes human rights a reality. The human rights are known as basic rights.

I am a firm believer within rule of law as the bedrock if all our fundamental rights.

This actually encompasses among other things that is personal liberty, freedom to marry and the right to liberty of discrimination.


Finally Law acts as a catalyst for modernization and social progress.

The modernization and social progress are emphasize by law as a benefit.





August 12, 2022 06:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.