0 comments

Adventure

“Oh God, Why the hell did we come here, we are stuck, we are stuck it’s you, you are the one who has to be blamed for such a situation” Juke was screaming hard. His voice was so loud that the whole cabin started vibrating. “Stop being a jerk, let me think of a plan to overcome this situation”, said Paula. “Plan huh, “said Juke with a feeble voice. “Just see around you we are stuck in a cabin which is the situated in the midst of blizzard of snow.” “There is no electricity, mobile service and no means of transport to move “. “We are doomed” Juke exclaimed. “You wanted an adventurous honeymoon right, far from the human populated urban crowd, Look we are here stuck in the midst of no man’s land.” Juke was very furious at Paula for her wrong decision in choosing their honeymoon destination. It was not their first honeymoon but they were out of their mechanical routine after many years of slogging. They felt they had to give quality time to spend with each other after a long pause in their married life.

Juke had given an opportunity to Paula to choose her dream destination. Paula had chosen a remote destination which was in the North Polar Region. She dreamt of a romantic night with a backdrop of vibrant northern lights which lit up the sky with its numerous patterns. A glimpse of heaven on earth, she was longing for a stay where she could be herself and nurture her passion. Paula was a born artist. Painting was her passion. The duo were fed up of the city life and wanted a calm and peaceful stay to give quality time to their relationship. But Juke hadn’t expected this kind of scenario where they were discarded in a no man’s land without any facilities. But Paula was a dreamer and an adventurer; she liked this kind of atmosphere.

“Paula, I thought you would choose a place where we could spend some time with each other with peace.” “Look what a blunder, you have chosen a place where it’s hard to survive, OMG what on earth have you done”. Paula was smiling, she had no fear in her eyes, and she actually loved the idea of survival in drastic conditions. Juke yelled at her, “Paula stop smiling, the food we brought with us will just last for two days. We have to starve when it is exhausted.”. “Don’t panic dear, why think about tomorrow, just live today and enjoy the nature around” ,said Paula, in a cool voice. “Hey, look Juke just see the sky , look at those green, red and yellow vibrant patterns, it looks as if nature is in full glory”. “Yes, it will be exuberant for two days and then starts the actual pain” said Juke with a heavy sigh.

Paula was so excited that she was engrossed in her artwork. It was a lifetime opportunity to live in such a beautiful serene atmosphere. Juke was truly worried , he didn’t expect such a remote place where there was no civilization. They had been duped by the travel agent. Though Paula wanted a lonely place she didn’t have the least idea that they would be abandoned in a remote  stay.

“Juke , look here just peep out of the window, I bet you will get over the tensed atmosphere.” “This is truly rejuvenating “ said Paula in loud voice. “Don’t, scream , this is just a tiny cabin with a single room attached to it , your voice may topple down the whole cabin.” With a frown on his face Juke looked outside, Paula was right , it was truly amazing , nature’s artistry had made the sky look enchanting. Juke was also engrossed in viewing the heavenly beauty but for a few minutes , he realised the seriousness of the situation. The food they had packed lasted for just two days , no means of communication to seek help, no electricity to fight the dark , no equipments to keep the deadly snow animals at bay. There were snow leopards, polar bears and deadly wolves roaming around and it was  very risky to venture out of the cabin. Juke shivered at the thought of it . But Paula was enjoying every moment of her stay with her brush and canvas.

The next day Juke woke up early to find something to eat , only a few snack packets were left. Juke yelled , “We are going tp die , that’s for sure ,only a few eatables left in the store”. Paula woke up with a yawn “Darling don’t panic, you are not alone I am here with you we will figure out something”

She just opened the cabin door to peep out, she felt a chill in her nerves,. It was freezing cold, though they had warmers it was truly a frozen atmosphere. She just made her way out to look around , she found something , she gave a voice to Jake, and “Jake just come out, and look”. “You want me to come out when the whole place is freezing , I’m not venturing out , and I don’t want to die of frost bite” . “Thank our stars atleast we have wood to light fire and warm ourselves, else we would’ve frozen long ago”, said Jake with a forceful smile on his face. “Oh, Jake don’t nag , just come out and look”

Jake unwillingly came out , he just couldn’t believe his eyes , a tiny polar bear was trying get out of a water puddle which was created due to the melting of snow. The mother bear was waiting for her child to save himself from any danger so that he could face any situation without fear. After a long struggle the tiny polar bear could pull herself out and she followed her mother with pride. The mother polar bear licked her child as an appreciation for conquering her fear.

“Jake did you see that though the mother bear could’ve helped the child but she didn’t take a step forward, she wanted her child to overcome the fear of danger.” said Paula. “ You are right Paula, I will go fishing so that we can survive in this drastic situation” Paula said with a smile on her face ,”Remember Charles Darwin theory “The Survival of the fittest” . Juke nodded with appreciation.

“Juke”, yelled Paula “You have burnt my fish,” “Juke , Juke , wake up are you dreaming” Paula shrugged him hard . “Juke , what have you done to my fish the guests are about arrive for our Silver Anniversary and you have burnt my favourite dish”.  “Don’t forget to pack your bags , we are going to the North Pole tomorrow”, screamed Paula. Juke heaved a sigh and pulled the refrigerator to look for an another fish to bake.

January 22, 2021 17:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.