2 comments

Fantasy Fiction Kids

I always have a special feeling while looking at the sky, especially at night. 

As usual I was looking at those stars through my window. And suddenly I noticed a bright light moving in the sky. At first I thought it was a shooting star, but it wasn't.

It started to change colour from yellow to orange and then to red. I felt so curious about it. I had a million thoughts and I really wanted to check what it was.

Unfortunately it was already midnight and my parents were sleeping and there was no way I could go out. So I tried to sleep.

But I couldn't sleep! When I close my eyes I see that shining thing on sky.

I felt so damn curious and I decided to go out through my window. I lost my balance and fall down. Luckily, there was a bush down there. And I somehow managed to get out and I started to walk.

I walked on and on… But I couldn't find anything. I felt so down, and I sat under a tree.

And then I started to hear footsteps approaching me. I looked behind and saw a familiar face.

"Dilan! What are you doing here?" I asked surprisingly.

"Oh, Leah! I just came for a walk. What about you?" 

I explained to him why I was here and he said he also noticed something shining. So we decided to look for it together.

(I was so shocked to see Dilan because I haven't seen him for many years because he moved to Texas after middle school)

It was already 3.45 a.m and we didn't find anything. So we decided to give up and go home.  

But suddenly we heard a voice of a woman crying for help. And we noticed a light from that direction.

As We got closer, we couldn't open our eyes because that light was so powerful. 

But slowly the light started to fade. So I opened my eyes and I saw a beautiful lady.

I have never seen anyone this beautiful. She had cherry lips, apple cheeks and she was in a white gown with pearls. She looked like a goddess from heaven.

"Who a-are you?" Dilan asked her.

"Please save me" that was her only answer.

"We can't help stranger's. Leah! Let's head back home." Dilan shouted.

"Dilan, this woman is crying for help, we should do something for her." I said.

"What can we do for you ma'am?" I asked her.

"Only a sincere human touch can heal my wound. So please help me" she said.

"Who are you? Aren't you a human? Stop joking.. we are not fools to believe you" Dilan said in a sarcastic way.

"Oh please believe me. I am a guardian of heaven. I was on my way to visit earth. But those evil spirits attacked me on the way. And I don't have any time left. Only you guys can save me."she said in a poor tone.

I couldn't stand it and I approached close to her and took a look at her wound. I was shocked to see it.

Her blood was in a gold colour. As her blood touched the ground it started turning into little balls of gold.

Dilan suddenly pushed me away and he started to take those golden balls.

"Don't do it son. I will die." She said

"I don't care about you. I am going to be rich. And I am going to tear you apart so I can get more gold. Ha-ha-ha" Dilan said in an evil tone.

"Dilan what are you doing.That belongs to her. Give it back to her. Stop being greedy" and I tried to stop him.

"Hey you! What do you know about me. I am not your old friend anymore. I am going to be rich and yes I am greedy. I will kill her and get more gold from her body" Dilan said.

And then I looked at the poor woman and I promised I'll save her and I touched her wound.

And suddenly there was a weird change in climate. At first it was so windy and then a massive thunder hit the ground.

All those golden balls in Dilan's hand turned into fire balls. And the woman disappeared.

I was clueless and Dilan too..And then We heard a voice from the sky.

"I am the God of Earth. And this was a test for finding the right human and giving him prosperities and happiness. I wanted a human who gives values to emotion's of other people".

"Leah, you are an example of a good human being. And I would love to reward you with happiness,love and everything you deserve."

"Dilan, because of your greediness I am going to punish you forever. But only Leah's will can change your destiny. So, I am going to send you somewhere else where no one can find you till you learn your lesson"

I didn't know what to say or what to do. When I looked for Dilan he was gone already. 

"Leah, you have a great future ahead of you. You can change the world with your power. And my blessing will always be upon you."

I suddenly fainted. 

When I opened my eyes I was in my room. I felt so confused so I ran into my mom's room and I asked her what happened yesterday and how she found me.

"What are you talking about Lee? I think you saw a weird dream" my mom was laughing while saying this.

And then I realised all that was a dream. So I went back to my room.

I layed on my bed and said "huff.. that was a weird dream".

"It was not a dream Leah" a strange voice said

I looked everywhere and found a strange crystal ball on my desk. And I took a close look.

"What is this? Did that sound come from this?" 

And suddenly a writing like this showed on that ball "I will always be by your side to protect you."

                 THE END

October 07, 2020 20:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Michael Boquet
21:55 Oct 14, 2020

Interesting story, like a modern day fable. Don't think it really fits the prompt but it's fun and made narrative sense.

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:57 Oct 14, 2020

Fine story, something like 1002. story from Scheherezade

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.