Trapped (some parts of the book I’m writing)

Submitted into Contest #58 in response to: Write a story about someone feeling powerless.... view prompt

0 comments

Historical Fiction

It was the middle of the night and Peggy knew this was the time to go talk to Angelica. Peggy stepped like she was trying to sneak pass a nest of snakes. Angelica’s room was a room with large book shelves. Angelica was sitting on her bed with tears. She didn't notice Peggy walk in.

“Angelica…” Peggy said, “I know you love him.”

Angelica’s looked up.

    “N-no” Angelica said “I don't love Alex!” 

     “Uhum.” Peggy shot

    “Fine, I sorta kinda of maybe like him” Angelica said

    “Ok and why didn't you pursue him instead of watching?” Peggy asked

    “Well Eliza was head over heels for him. Plus I’m also engaged” Angelica said

    “So you did it because you love Eliza.” Peggy answered

    “I guess so.” Angelica said

    “And you love her so much that you will choose her happiness over yours.” Peggy said “just like what I would do for you!” Angelica started to cry knowing she was trapped in a loveless marrige. Peggy just had to sit and watch from the sideline.

Stephen was stressed. What is going to happen? Stephen thought. The stress coursed through his veins. This is very bad. Stephen thought. Stephen was intensely stressing over a book. Stephen was distracting himself from his life. His overprotective mother. Possibly losing the girl he loves. His brother bragging about his perfect life. The wait of the world seemed to roll onto his shoulders. Stephen was also trying to keep up school at the same time. He was studying to be a doctor and a lawyer. He was forced to study for a doctor. Stephen walked to the door and picked up a letter. It was from The war!?!?!? Stephen thought They drafted everyone though He pulled the envelope and read a letter:

,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dear Mr. Stephen,

The war needs your help in our war. We are drafting people into this and you are one of the lucky ones. You are hereby notified that on the 21 of 1780 of this month you will be drafted into this war. Come with only essentials.

   General Kingser. 

A tear formed in Stephans eye and it rolled down his cheek. Like a comment it left a trail of pain behind it. My school, my family, my… life, He thought. He turned the paper and it read:

   You will retire in 2-3 years

Stephen fell to the floor, his hand clenched, the paper fell apart on his hands. Stephan walked out. Well let's do something I love then Stephan sadly thought. 

He walked out the stables and took out a white steed. Stephan stepped onto it and kicked it. It trotted forward, its white hair flowed in the wind like white ripple on water. Houses seemed to calm Stephen down. Stephan rode through the streets of New york enjoying his freedom. The city that was fighting a war. What am I going to do? Stephan thought. 

The sky looked glum making everything more dingy. Stephen rode the horse to the bookstore. He climbed off the horse and tied it to the fence he walked in. “Hello, do you have any books for drawing and writing?” He chimes “Yes on this shelf” the man says pointing to a green book on a brown shelf. Stephen picked it up and paid for it. Stephan put it in his bag. He had no idea what he was going to do about this war but he knew one thing: he was coming back alive.

Time jump 3 years 1783

Peggy was about to deal with the same thing that happens every Monday day yay. As father talked alone Peggy saw the gold circle, the one that would sell her life away forever. That ring ment for life but it also meant an unbreakable Chain . Eliza held Peggy’s hand Eliza was already engaged but she stayed with Peggy. Any moment now Peggy thought I’ll be engaged. Footsteps filled the room. It’s time Peggy and Eliza Thought. Peggy turned slowly to find her father and a young man definitely taller than her with fair skin and brown hair. 

“Meet Tench Tilghman you new fiancé” Father said 

Tench looked longingly in my direction but his eyes were on Eliza. Eliza didn’t know but Peggy did. He wore a golden ring just like the one he just picked up. 

“Here you go” he said, taking Peggy's hand and putting the ring on it. This ring felt lilt ice slipping onto Peggys finger. Peggy smiles but feels tears in her eyes. “Thank you sir” She said she was fighting the tears. Eliza took Peggy upstairs.

“Hey, he isn’t such a bad guy” Eliza said  

“You are kidding, he just wants me so he can be closer to you,” Peggy snapped. The world seem to be closing in on her she felt her life slipping into chains ones she could not escape. Her fiance walked into the room. “Eliza could you give me a moment with Peggy?” He asked

“sure”she replied

Eliza footsteps are like a panther silent. Tilghman grabbed Peggys waist and pulled her close to him He kissed her Peggy pushed him. “I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU ” Peggy screamed. He stumbled back confused with her rage.  “fine then », he said « just you know I own you you cant escape you will always be trapped your mine” He grabbed Peggy and through her against the wall. He hit her. As he slapped her for the last time he kissed Peggy and let her fall to the ground. Peggy closed her eyes to hold back the tears as soon as he left She opened her eyes instead of seeing her red dress. She saw a woman with pale skin with Deep black eyes looking up. She had the same bruised Peggy had. Here eyes filled with pain. Her lips were red and looked like fresh blood was on them. She reached out her hand for Peggys face but before she touched Peggy, she Vanished. Peggy heared screaming like Eliza but further. Peggy felt someone come grab her and tears fall on tu her wounds felling like Fire was licking around her cuts. Peggy was so hurt that she decided to give in to the unconscious. It’s warm touch calmed Peggy as she felt herself drifting into a sleep.

September 08, 2020 23:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.