2 comments

General

_so you admit to it !

Unnerved by her unnecessary shouting and inconsiderate behaviour, mark was tempted to just say yes, to annoy her and enjoy the show that might infold if she feels mad enough to start throwing a tantrum here and now . Luckily , he wasn't in a bad mood today so making Carla mad will wait, especially that he has his hands full with his latest project.

Instead of lashing out and letting all his pent up energy explode , he decided to play it safe by inquiring about the subject that seems important enough that Carla prioritized it over his work and chose to interrupt him , mid work , fifteen minutes away from his afternoon break. 

_ admit to what now?

_Dont act all ignorant ! You know what you did and you should better apologize to mum , she is extremely upset over it , but knowing her , she decided to remain silent and not press the matter because you are stressed over submitting your article, which isn't going to happen anytime soon as far as I can see , you are far away from making any progress and you know it ,yet you still have time to pull shenanigans and bully my poor sweet mother but that's not how I function young man , go and apologize to her before I lose my patience ! I had enough of your irresponsible ways and your unacceptable negligence !

Cracking his head over what might be the cause of his mother in law's displeasure , mark recalled that she must have found the three hundred years old vase broken in the lobby hidden under the old painting .

How lucky ! Now he needs to bring her an apology gift and compensate her. He is really starting to question the voyeur who told him that he is one of the luckiest Scorpios this month because things seem to drift to the worst . He should totally search for a new one , maybe get his money back as he really needs it now of all times ...

_what are you mumbling ?! 

_Nothing aunt Carla I am just reflecting on my behaviour , and I promise that I will apologize to mother in law and compensate her , but I must assure you that I did it with no ill intentions !

_ as if! There is no way anyone would've done what you did with no ill intentions , even the timing is too perfect ! I knew that you didn't like it from the beginning , thought that it seems too sophisticated and old to be in use these days, but I ,for the life of me , would have never even suspected that you would do that , I mean why do you hate it this much? And it has nothing to do with you anyways !

_ aunt I already apologized please stop making me look like a criminal ! And I told you it was an accident , I never meant to do so !

_hmph that's what Anna said , you two speak in the same way , sometimes I feel like she is no longer my little girl as she is more and more becoming similar to you , even in her taste ,but to your knowledge I don't believe her or you for the matter , both of you are unpredictable, and problematic : Who knows ? Maybe she was your accomplice . She didn't want to go to the wedding anyways...yeah that's pretty probable !

_What ? Why are we suddenly talking about the wedding?and please stop suspecting my wife she is innocent! Whatever happened , she is not the one to blame as she is always the voice of reason in this house hold , as opposed to you who like to suspect me in the littlest happenings with no regard to my feelings...

_ I beg to differ , she married you , there is no way she could be innocent , but that's not the issue right now! All I want to know is why did you use mum's green dress to wipe the glass off your car ?! It was an amazing dress , with a classical touch and fantastic glitter all over it , mum looked like a queen when she tried it on , yet you dared to ruin that beauty by using it in your stupid car cleaning ! How could you !!

_what ?!

_what ?!

_i did what now?

_are you testing my patience ,do I look like a clown to you ?

_ with all that make up , well , close enough ...

_Stop mumbling and answer for once ! 

_ I don't know what you're talking about ! I thought you were mad that I broke the old vase , the Chinese one that used to be kept in the lobby , I know nothing about this dress and I didn't even wash the car today as I was staying the whole morning in my room working on my project , before you decided to interrupt me of course...now that I think about it, it's mother in law who made sure that she washes the car , because she didn't want to disturb my working , well you can totally ask her , I think you will find all your answers there...

_i don't believe this ...

_See : it was just a misunderstanding , this happens every now and then no Biggie , we can all go back to what we were doing

_this can't be 

_ yeah yeah I get it but please don't be hard on yourself , I am not bothered , not at all , you don't need to apologize! 

_you broke the Chinese vase ...

_um yeah , bad luck right? I really shouldn't trust fortune tellers anymore ...

_the one that was bought in the Hong Kong auction ....

_Oh that was one of the best trips ever , Hong Kong is an ideal destination, we should totally revisit it..

_the one that costed us a fortune !

_well Its old so it's meant to be broken , I mean nothing lasts forever ..

_Oh my lord !

_Aunt are you ok ? Aunt? Carla ? Oh no help ! Anna ! Call the ambulance ,Aunt fainted and isn't breathing , something must have shocked her , I wonder what it might be?! .....

End.


July 11, 2020 22:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

J. J. Crown
21:46 Jul 22, 2020

The bizarre formatting/punctuation pulled me out of the story quite a bit. Once I got through that, it was a pretty good read. The twist at the end was fun.

Reply

07:35 Jul 24, 2020

Oh thanks for your feedback I would love to hear your opinion concerning how I could make it better .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.