0 comments

Urban Fantasy Teens & Young Adult Thriller

I, Siobhan, will never get back home. 2 years ago, when I was 22, my friend and I got bitten by some random dude. He told us that he was a vampire. He bit us and then gave us a little of his blood. We then got to our home, where both he and my friend went to his room to have fun, and I went to my bed. 

I woke up, hungover, with a massive head and neck ache. To my side was the new lovey-dovey couple, and an old woman dressed in a maroon shawl, maroon dress, and heeled maroon boots was looking at me.

"What is the most prized possession that you can put directly into your skin? Oh, and a strand of hair" Without understanding, I gave her the friendship bracelet that Andy and I had made as kids. I looked at him for comfort, but he was now sucking that random dude's face.

"Why? And who are you?" She smiled and pulled a hair out of my head. I felt nothing. Then she put the bracelet and the strand of hair in her palm and closed them. A weird light came out of it and I jumped back and hit my head. Out of a small pain at contact, nothing. 

Like, I guessed that the dude was an actual vampire when he did the biting of Andy first, but this was weird. I kept staring at the woman, and then she gave my bracelet back.

"You need to wear this every day to go out in the sun. Also, keep reminding yourself of what this means to you. I am Milana Houghton, by the way, sealer, owner, and chief of The Carnival. Do you want to come with us? We receive several newcomers." I guess I am a newcomer. I shook my head no. "Well, too bad. I see you two later tonight." She said pointing to my friend and his new boyfriend and started to walk off. 

I followed her, but when we passed the living room we stopped in front of the TV where my other roommate was watching the weekend edition of Good Morning America. On the news ticker was: " Vampires are real, and so are witches and werewolves."

Milana just said shit, opened my apartment door and left. My roommate didn't understand. Andy and Morgan, the crazy vampire that turned me, explained to her. Morgan also explained a lot of things about vampires, werewolves witches, and some guys called crucifers, like the Madagascar chameleons. Andy and I said that we had been turned. 

After that my life was turned into chaos. My boss found out and fired me. Morgan gave me directions to the Portland Clan. I went there and they received me kindly. I started a job as a pizza delivery girl and got used to this new life. When the Witches Of The Revolution started making their protests, we went, as a shield. But Andy and I remained friends. 

From two years to now, my life has done a great turnaround. Now, before I got locked inside the new country that was about to plunge into war against the United States, I went to visit my parents in Calgary. 

When I got there, the first talk was about how I look the same. Then about how cold my skin was. I decided to come clear. Things went bad after that. I left after the 7th scream when I saw my dad trying to break a broom, probably to make a stake to put in my heart. 

I went to The Carnival, which was in a nearby town. Andy opened the door from his motorhome, and I hugged him. 

"I need a place to stay the night since my flight only is tomorrow." I said after I  let him go. 

"What do you mean you need a place to stay? Don't your parents live in Calgary? What happened?" He made a motion for me to sit in the chair next to him.

"I came to visit my parents and ended up telling them about the whole vampire thing, and to give an example of how good they reacted, my dad tried to break a broom to make a stake." I put my hands in my head and he hugged me.

"Oh my God, go change, I will talk to Milana. Things are busy here. Not only we will leave in 5 days to go to where is now Oregon, but Matt, our best technopath, hit his head and got amnesia." Great. 

He left and I took a quick shower, put on some old crop top and miniskirt. I went outside, and despite being freezing, the cold never bothered me anyway, not even before the transformation.

I was looking at my phone when a dude in light grey clothing passed by with a bandaged head. My phone rang and I ran back inside the trailer. It was my mom. 

"Just for your concern, you have 2 hours to come and get your stuff from our front yard. After that, we will set them on fire, as those things belong to a devil." She turned off and I started crying, for God a few minutes. 

I put on clothes that would be normal for a human to be wearing in this cold and left. I got there and all my stuff was in the grass. Mr. Nathanson, my old neighbor came to help and asked what had happened. I explained to him and he just called my parents crazy. That put a smile on my face.

After we put everything in my rental car trunk, I went back to The Carnival. On my way there, Morgan called me and said that I had disappeared without saying anything to them. I explained and he just said that they could bring my stuff if I still wanted to fly. I didn't, so he told me to go with them. I said yes.

I got to the trailer and Morgan helped me put my things inside the small trailer. He left because he needed to work. I kept thinking about how I could not get back home when a knock on the door took me out of my head and back to the real world

"Hi Siobhan, do you know Matt, our technopath?" It was Milana and the blonde dude with light grey clothing.

June 19, 2021 03:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.