2 comments

Romance Thriller Christian

The Lion’s Den Cartel

Ani smiles at Deborah, “Get up.”

“Where am I ?” Deborah, “has the window of the light and darkness of life been shattered, and if that has happened why am I not mad? I hope I have not lost the baby?”

The room that they were in, had cold conditioning , The wallpaper was yellow and white with sunflowers on them. One could actually smell the smell roses, that were in the pastor’s office now it was over for Deborah. Deborah had to track her steps even though the sun was shining ,Her World was not. Pastor Collins was very rich. Unlike other pastors he survived on the money he got from his father who was a business tycoon.Collins was a very smart, intelligent and handsome Man. He was looking for a wife. But will destiny prevail.Pastor Collins was in love with Deborah, But could it be said that a Pastor will.marry a prostitute?

Apparently Deborah had a child for Issac or rather had conceived for him. Now Isaac owned a mafia. 

Now she had lots of friends but none of them could help her. For years she looked for A child and loved Isaac so much. No isaac was from a very poor background. All the money he made was from his own sweat and blood. 

It was six years ago when she met and fell in in love. They met at a brothel when she was just sixteen. She was trafficked. In the eyes of all men she was special. A diadem as beautiful as the sun. She had a Coca-Cola bottle shape. Lovely hair and hazel eyes, as glorious as a rainbow was Deborah. 

Deborah had powers like that of someone from the underworld . She was the daughter of the water a goddess. Deborah was an epitome of beauty. An incident happened in the brothel, a lady came in with her crush and Deborah stood in front of him and took him to a room. Since then the lady's boyfriend, came to the brothel he would patronize Deborah. Until the man’s friend, Isaac came to the brothel to talk business with the owner of the brothel. There he saw Deborah and knew she was the one.

But as soon as Deborah saw Collins, she understood what love was. 

Why do men frustrate the will of God on their life when, God has planned something else for them. It's amazing how you can find love with the wrong person . Deborah had actually slept with Collins father. She had wrecked havoc Lagos. Now the Lagos society was quite small every one knew that when it came to boyfriend theft Deborah was an expert. Deborah had a special window and not only a special window but other charms like a special wristwatch and also a special used in seeing people, no matter where they were. She was the spiritual body guard of Isaac. She made all the charms his prostitutes used for protection. The voodoo that was used by Isaac to get another passport and pass through the security of the Nigerian and United States of American ports with drugs. The costumes and their sniff drugs could not determine or perceive that he was carrying Poppy and Marijuana .

Two weeks after;

“Who was that?” Pastor Collins asked. 

Deborah answers as she cuts off the phone; “My ex...”

Collins puts his hands on the brake. “Does he know about me?”

Deborah puts her index finger on his lips and rubs it like a hush sign. “Do I look good enough to see your mother? And is your father really the politician running for governorship of Lagos state?”

“Yes!”

The house was they entered was mansionette and the front of the house had a BMW, four Rolls Royces, the Idowus actually had a jet. As soon as Collins entered the house his mother came out of the second parlor. Immediately Deborah knew she was in trouble. Apart from that Deborah was not well dressed. She was wearing bumper shorts that matched the color of her skin. 

Unfortunately for Deborah Collins mother Chief and Mrs. Yvonne Idowu, she recognized Deborah. Deborah slept with other men other than Collins's father. As Deborah, stayed in the parlor Collins was called to the garden, which had peacocks. The room had a glass sliding door so Deborah could deduced what they were talking about. 

As Deborah sat in the car her life flashed by she realized that she should have obeyed her guts and never slept with men other than Isaac. Who wanted her to do such as he was sterile. 

“Deborah, did you sleep with my father?”

Deborah answers, “Yes!”

As she sat in the car she realized that she could never be married except to anyone other than the likes of Issac. As she sat in the car she made some incantations after which, he asked her to marry him. The magic worked. 

Two hours later

“Why did you not answer my call?”

Deborah removes her heels looks into the eyes of her rich, impotent boyfriend, Isaac, and laughs ironically. 

“You know I am young and vibrant. And you incapable of giving me a lovely adventure, talkless of giving me a child.” Deborah starts, “I am actually engaged to Collins Idowu and we have reconciled. His father’s secret is with me. I told him he better allows me be a part of his family. Or else I make him a partaker of capital punishment.”

Isaac begins to weep, “I will deal with you.”

“How? You can not!” Deborah says as she packs her shoes and clothes and all into a Louis Vuitton. She gives Isaac a lovely and passionate petting and then leaves. 

Isaac makes a call, “Red Bullet, follow The ‘Queen of Spades’, Deborah then at night capture her and her fiancee and bring them to the ‘Lion’s Den’ in Ikeja.”

THE NEXT DAY in the ‘Lion’s Den’ 

“Isaac, I love you.” Deborah states, Isaac had been shot in the chest. Lying in a pool of blood. 

“I love you too.” Isaac resonates as he holds Deborah’s face. “The police wanted to kill you but I stepped in front of you. I have loved you with an everlasting love. I can’t even say the prayers to confirm myself as a Christian to make it to heaven no - altar call. Please Collins!” Isaac pronounces “use your father’s connection to get my Queen out of this criminal charges caused by her association with my cartel ” the police watch. Seeing how true love lives after death

Isaac dies.

Deborah wakes up it's a dream. 

She looks to her left. 

“Isaac today is Sunday. We have to go to church. I just had a dream.”

Isaac yawns “me too.” He brings out a ring from his pillow. 

“To them that believe he gave power to become the sons of God” by John the revelatory and apostle. 

By Daniella Idogho 

June 11, 2021 11:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Abayomi Adebisi
11:30 Jun 18, 2021

So simple and interesting

Reply

Show 0 replies
Stevie B
11:18 Jun 15, 2021

Daniella, you have a very original narrative voice and tell an interesting story. Keep on writing more!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.