1 comment

Fiction Funny Teens & Young Adult

A Librarian walks up to two boy’s looks at them begins to scold them. On how loud they are being.

Librarian: ( Do you have any idea how loud you two are? I have been sitting at the desk listening to the both of you. For the past ten minutes just gabbing away to one another. You both need to quite down or the both of your are out of here.)

Both the boy’s look at each other looks back at the Librarian sink into their chair. And nod their head the Librarian walks away. The boy’s look at each other start to chuckle as they go back to what they was doing. They start to flip through their comic books starting to giggle again. The librarian looks at the boys again hushing them.

One boy turn turns to the other whispering.

Boy one: (Adam this librarian is rude wanna teach her a lesson.)

Adam: ( What? You wanting to get kicked out Ben.)

Ben: ( Sure. Why not?)

Adam: ( Okay. Hmm. How should we do this?)

As Adam and Ben whisper to hatch their plan the librarian grows a little concerned. With not hearing what they are doing she has had to get on to them. Five time already the librarian gets up from her desk. Takes a walk around the library just to see what they are talking about. The boys seem really suspicious in what ever they are whispering about.

As the librarian is walking towards them the boys become very quiet. As she passes by the boys quietly chuckle a little bit. She takes a long look at the boys as she passes some could say to long .

Adam looks at Ben gives him a wink Ben gives him a strange look like. What are you doing Adam leans to one side. Lets out a long and loud fart like never heard before. Ben starts laughing so loud that everyone in the library stops what they are doing. Looking at the two boys. The librarian gets so angry with them that she says.

Librarian: ( You two boys get out of here don’t come back.)

Adam: ( We are not leaving. You are being rude.)

Both the boys get up take off running through the library. Knocking things off shelves yelling laughing just having a good old time. The librarian running after them not being able to catch them both. Asks for some help from the people watching but no one moves. They just sit there watching all the stuff going on Adam yells over at Ben saying.

Adam: ( Hey. Ben have we done enough yet?)

Ben: ( Not by a long shot.)

Ben runs into the bathroom grabs toilet paper runs back into the library. Starts throwing it on everything. Adam runs to the drinking fountain fills a cup runs back into the library. Tips the cup and pours the water on what ever he can. Then Ben gets the idea to get the toilet paper wet. Throwing the wet toilet paper on the walls computers. Adam asks.

Adam: ( Are we done now.)

Ben: ( Not till she is done being rude.)

With all the craziness going on the boys did not notice that the librarian. Stopped chasing them and went back to her desk. The librarian is on the phone at this moment Adam stops running around. To look for the librarian notices that she is at her desk. On the phone Adam yells over to Ben he looks over Adam points to the desk. Ben looks over at her looks back at Adam point to a spot in the room . they both run to that spot.

Adam: ( Who do you think she is calling.)

Ben: ( I do not know. But boy is she mad.)

Adam: ( What if she is calling the cops?)

Ben: ( Oh well. At least she will learn not to be rude when we are just trying to have fun.)

Adam looks around at everything that they done. Not sure if what they did is any better Adam hears the librarian on the phone saying she wants a cop to come to the library. Adam is looking at the destruction they, did to the library ripped up books water in the computers. Toilet paper wads on the walls books soaked tables flipped over. Chairs knocked over Adam gets a feeling that none of this is right.

Adam: ( Ben none of this is right at all. Just because she was being rude we did not need to do any of this.)

Ben: ( Yeah your right. We did it so now we have to face the consequences.)

Adam: ( Yeah let go out side and wait for the cops to show up.)

Ben: ( Yeah lets go.)

Ben and Adam both walk to the main door of the library. Both with their heads down ashamed at what they had done. Everyone else in the library still in shock at what they had witnessed. They are still trying to figure out what it all was about. One person walks up to the librarian asks her.

Person: ( Excuse me. What was all of that about?)

Librarian: ( The two boys was being loud I got on to them. Then they was be suspiciously quiet. So I walked around to see what they was doing. Then all heck broke loose.)

Person: ( Well to me it sounds like you was being rude to the boys.)

Librarian: (I was not being rude to them. I was trying to keep them quiet. So all of you can read and not be interrupted by noise.)

Person: ( When that cop gets here I am telling him, or her exactly what I seen and heard.)

The person that confronted the librarian about what happened. Turned around to look at the rest of the people nodded his head. Walking out behind the boys the rest of the people got up following them out the door. The boy was sitting on the step when the guy got out there. The people that followed them out was mumbling under their breath. As they passed by the librarian.

A few minutes later two cop cars show up everyone is outside on the steps. Waiting for the cops to show up as the step out of their cars. The boys get up still with their heads down. Start walking to the cops everyone that came out grabs the boys. Steps in front of them so the cops could not get to them.

Cop: ( Everyone step aside we need to speak with the boys.)

Pedestrian: ( With all do respect no. Not till you here exactly what when on and why.)

Cop: ( Okay. Go a head but one at a time.)

The pedestrian starts to tell the cops his version of events. One at a time the cops hear every ones story, what feels like hours to the boys. Which was only minutes the cops finally get to the boys. By this time the boys parents show up their mom totally freaked out. As she sees her sons talking to the cops their mom gets out of the car. Walks up to the cops asking.

Mom: (I am their mom. What is going on?)

Cop: ( Mama. I want to know the same thing.)

Mom looks at the two boy and says.

Mom: ( You two better start explaining your self right now.)

The two boys look up at their parents and the cop looks at all the other people around them. The boys begin to explain that they was just sitting in the library.

Reading their comics just giggling then the librarian started being rude to them. Yelling at them because they giggling so we wanted to teach her a lesson so we messed up the library.

Threw toilet paper every where along with toilet paper wads ripped up some books. Poured water on computers flipped over tables and chairs. Ran around like we was nuts we totally trashed the library. We are sorry we just wanted the librarian to stop being rude to us. The cop looks at the mom then looks around at the crowed. Then says.

Cop: ( Well we need to go look at the damage. That you boys caused wait here we will be right back.)

Everyone waited out side talking to each other the boys was sitting quietly.

Waiting for the cops to return and hand down their punishment. The cops return after what seemed like hours. The boys was sitting there shaking with tears rolling down their face. One of the cops begins to speak.

Cop: ( Well boys we took a look at the damage. You guys did you two came of with some pretty good stuff. But you two are in a lot of trouble.)

The crowd become very unhappy with the new. The cops set the boys in the cop car take them away. Three days later they are in front of a judge the judge has heard testimony. From the librarian and everyone else that was there looks at the boys. The judge said.

Judge: ( Are you two boy ready to hear your punishment.)

The Boys: ( Yes mama.)

Judge: ( Well I heard what everyone has to say. Do you two having anything you want to say.)

The Boys: ( We are sorry.)

The judge sits there looking at the two boy finally says.

Judge: ( I am giving this punishment only because of the damage you caused. Which in a way is kinda funny but the, librarian be rude like that to two young men. Is not right which she will answer for as well but I considered what everyone had to say so your punishment will be probation.)

The room erupted with joy that the boys was not sent off to jail. The librarian was angry about it and started yelling. About the out come of everything that happened gets up and walks out. The boys turn around to their mom she had a big smile on her face. Because her boy stuck up for their self’s and didn’t take what the librarian was doing. Everyone walked out of the court room happy and the librarian learned that she is not suppose to be rude. For no good reason when boys are being boys   

April 27, 2021 21:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

09:52 May 03, 2021

Strangely, formatted as a play rather than a short novel - that may have been intentional - I don't feel the format merge works for such a short piece. The story is not believable, however, it is clearly marked as a funny piece of work, perhaps I am not getting the jokes. The text does contain grammatical errors but that may be down to a language barrier. It is great to see the author make so many submissions in a short time.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.