My story is entitled : The worst meal I have ever tasted was fufu with palmnut soup in a restaurant.

Written in response to: ‘The worst meal I’ve ever tasted.’ Imagine a zero-star TripAdvisor restaurant review: capture the customer’s evening out that compelled them to complain.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled: The worst meal I have ever tasted was fufu with palmnut soup in Visitors restaurant.


Once upon a time, the worst meal I ever tasted at Visitors restaurant was was fufu and Palmnut soup which was tasteless. I am always open to many different kinds of foods like Jollof rice ,fried rice with chicken and pizza.

Also this is a kind of food that is not accepted and consumed all over the world. Most people including me do not like the way and manner that fufu is being prepared.


The preparation of fufu with the hands when pounding in a mortar can sometimes invite germs into the food ,when the cook is not hygienic. She can possibly contaminate the food.

Also during celebrations like get together at a Visitors restaurant in London fufu with palmnut soup was not served due to the fact that people don't normally like it. They complain that the food is tasteless and is normally eaten by illiterates and some unskilled labour because fufu contains carbohydrates that gives energy for work.

Also a Trip advisor captured complaints from customers who ate at the Visitors restaurant that fufu and Palmnut soup was tasteless and not properly prepared at the restaurant.

Other foods in the restaurant had no other alternatives and can sometimes cause diseases like stomach ulcer and diarrhoea because of the way and manner in which it is being prepared.

The taste of food known as gustation can only be identified and it is an important sensation that can allow me to identify nutritious food items and then enjoy flavour.

Another reason why I dislike eating fufu with palmnut soup is that any time I eat fufu with palmnut soup I easily vomit and also feel like vomiting.

Again palmnut soup when prepared sometimes is too salty, the quantity of salt used in preparation of palmnut soup is sometimes too much.


In addition the tasting and eating of unhealthy foods can have a disadvantage for your overall health and well-being.

This can cause nutritional deficiencies. The poor dietary choices can result in the inadequate intake of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.

Also this can lead to deficiencies and then weaken your immune systems,impair growth and other developments and increase the risk of various health problems.


Again eating healthy food is essential for maintaining good health. Sometimes when we eat unhealthy foods our body is deprived of the essential nutrients.

Also when the food is tasteless like Palmnut soup with fufu it increases the risk of chronic diseases like obesity ,heart diseases, diabetes and cancer.

Also poor nutrition in tasteless foods can also weaken the immune system making the body more susceptible to infections that causes diseases.

The diseases can result in energy fluctuations mood swings and some cognitive functions. Others argue that unhealthy eating habits can lead to weight gain and can negatively impact self esteem and mental health.

When one eats tasteless foods it can lead to spikes in blood sugar levels ,leading to a crash in energy levels.


Sometimes a diet lacking essential nutrients can leave an individual feeling tired and lethargic. Othertimes tasteless food can be food poisoning mentioned by the Trip advisor. Also the issue about food poisoning had escalated to a dizzying height in the food and beverage industry.

Normally food poisoning is an illness caused by contaminated foods.

Also food poisoning is caused by bacteria or a virus like campytobactes the cause of food poisoning.

The causes of food poisoning in these foods like palmnut soup and fufu are the bacteria, viruses, parasites, that can live in the intestines, toxins and molds that make toxins.

Sometimes harmful chemicals that enter palmnut soups causes food poisoning .

Again other germs like microbes can spread and enter foods like palmnut soup and fufu at anytime.

When the food is not preserved it makes the food tasteless.


Again bacteria like Stash and Bacillus can make an individual sick these bacteria often produces fast acting toxins in foods such as meat or other diary products.

Other symptoms and causes of food poisoning are upset stomach , vomiting , Diarrhoea with blood stools including stomach pain and cramps.

Among the other foods that can cause food poisoning includes beef, pork ,lamb and goat.


Also a Trip advisor interviewed some of the customers that ate at the Visitors restaurant and they commented that the fufu was always tasteless , palmnut soup prepared was not properly covered due to that insects and other germs can easily enter the soup and cause harm and diseases to customers who often ate at these restaurants.

Mostly germs found in uncooked meat includes Salmonella ,Ecoli and Yersinia that contaminates meat in the Palmnut soup if the soup is not kept and preserved well in a freezer.

In addition the Trip advisor also made a review about the restaurant by interviewing more customers about the restaurant, they also commented about the same issue that the fufu and Palmnut soup often served in the restaurant was tasteless. Also sometimes the cooks do not even care by selling customers overnight fufu which might be contaminated by germs.

Another perculiar thing that customers made a complaint about was that cooking utensils and plates are often packed in the kitchen unwashed for about two weeks and all these can cause illness and food poisoning.

The Trip advisor also informed and advised customers to exercise patience that he will talk to the staff and management of the Visitors restaurant.

Again the Trip advisor advised customers that whenever such issues happens again they should please inform the Food and Drugs board or the Accra Metropolitan Assembly about the rude manner and tasteless foods of the Visitors restaurant before the issue becomes alarming to cause illness and death.


Finally, the worst meal I ever tasted being fufu and Palmnut soup might have been contaminated with germs and some other chemicals making the food tasteless which I nearly vomited because I was not feeling well at all after tasting and eating the bowl of fufu with palmnut soup at the Visitors restaurant. Due to that issue I informed the Trip advisor about the kind of foods and tasteless fufu with Palmnut soup being sold at the restaurant that made me ill for weeks and nearly caused my death.


October 06, 2023 03:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.