1 comment

Adventure Kids Fiction

There once was a Lion who lived in the plains of Africa Who loves the muffins. Every day he will raid The pastry store for his daily ration of muffins. Than the Lion smile “They won’t know if I took a little, more” the more he took the greedier he got.

At first he took a little, but every day It grew more and more. The other animals, his friends warned him. Mr. Elephant “Come buddy, what do you think you’re doing. Come and join us and have a Buffet of fruit” The lion shook his head no. 

Mr. Lion smiled “I’ll be fine don’t you worry I’ll get you a muffin as well,” Mr. Elephant slap this head and went back to his dinner. The next day pass this time Mr. Hippo stop him “come I will help you sit with me and enjoy the mud bath, and let’s take your mind off those muffins before those humans get you,” So Mr. Lion sits, but water did not agree with him. 

So yet again another failure for the smell was to alluring, so Mr. Lion soaking wet left. Next day The Parrots came “hey Brother L Forget those muffins and dance with us” So he went dancing.

 But soon enough he danced his way back to the village. Next up were are the Baboons “come on buddy we will help you, sleep meditation that will help you indeed” so he thought about it, and went with them. But soon enough that failed as well as Mr. Lion sleeps walks to the muffin shop.

As the day’s past his Friends tried their best, but all attempts ended in failure. Then one day an airplane dropped a crate of exotic pastries. Mr. Elephant saw from a distance and knew that crate was trouble, quickly he yelled “Stop” but slipped on some bananas. He looked up only to see it was too late. One bite Took Mr. Lion to another world of taste. It was the best taste he had in a long time for they were fluffy exotic muffins.

For Mr. Lion loved muffins even more so much from that one bite, he one day gathered all his friends “farewell to you all, as I begin my journey for new tasty muffins” all his friends look down as he walked off into the village. Disguised as no other than a pastry chef. The disguise work perfectly enough for him to sneak on to a plane for his love of muffins was great. He loves muffins so much he travels the world, and began his crime spree of muffins.

Through the years he out wit, he outfoxed every pastry owner in the world. For no one suspects a lion for a pastry chef.

As Mr. Lion sat in his hidden house surround by muffins, he thought of how he was by himself. No friends were around to share his Joy, So one day he grew bored and tried to be a real lion. There was only one problem he hated the taste of meat, so he sat and thought how he would change his ways.

For the first time in all his years he isolated himself in solitude to focus on the ways in being a lion.

After one month of training in the mountains he was almost ready to travel back to Africa. To join his friends again, to stay in the wild where he belongs.

While he was in his place of meditation, something new enter the area, he hid for he still was wanted Rogue Pastry Chef. Then he noticed a house that was just built nearby, quickly he slipped away in fear. Soon enough 

he took no mind to it and continued his studies and focused his mind to eat only meat.

Until he smelled a familiar aroma as he walked back home one day. 

The aroma was unmistakable it was a batch of muffins, his mouth got watery.

Than when he was about to get up and run away from temptation he thought, this could be part of my training.

For the last week of his training, morning till night he attempted to focus his thoughts on how to hunt. Yet every day he sat closer and closer to the house which had an aroma of baked goods. The pressure smelling those fresh muffins that week grew and grew. But he kept saying to himself “I got this, this should help me grow stronger. Well, let me just sit a little closer, I’m sure that wouldn’t hurt” yet as he sat closer he’s hunger grew for muffins once again.

Every part of the day was a different brand, before long his meditation slipped away. As his cravings got out of hand. The crows who sat nearby called to him “don’t go, you made so much progress” more crows surrounded him saying the same thing. Yet Mr. lion looks at them “I’ll be fine this is part of my training” they all looked at him and slapped their wings to their beaks.

As his only thoughts were with thoughts of muffins as he sat closer with each day that week.

On that last day his mouth grew even more watery, till he could not stand it no more.

Instead of going to home that day, he went to the house that was filled with the delicious smell of muffins. The crows came again “Stop, Stop this has gone too far, go to the plane. This is a trap for sure the bounty on you has tripped and more” the Lion laughed. Then he smiled at the crows “It has been a while since I grabbed a muffin, no one remembers the rogue pastry chef. One last muffin Heist could not hurt” all the crows sigh, as they watched him creep to the house.

Mr. Lion looked for the owner but the owner was nowhere to be found. He thought this was perfect, those muffins were begging to be enjoyed.

As he peers through the window, he can see was several batches of different brands of muffins. One of every flavor, then the crows started cawing again. As they flapped “stop don’t do it” yet there caws went on death ears. As the lion could not resist, he eyes were keen in to the muffins in sight. He pounced and leaps forward as the crows closed their eyes.

As he gorged himself in all those muffins, he heard a crack. As he lifted his head, he heard a snap. Up he flew up right into a trap, as he flew into a huge bowl of batter. He frantically looked left and right, unsure of what was going on. 

Only to see coming out from all directions the pastry chefs that were hunting him down. All of them were smiling, as the crows caw from the side “we knew it, we told you. We knew it, we told you.” the lion growled as he looked at them. They covered him in batter so he smiled a little, for it was tasty.

The Head pastry Chef of the all the country’s announced, to punish this lion for all his crimes there’s only one thing to do. Mr. Lion gulped yet he saw Him smiled “we watched you hoping you would succeed. Yet you failed and didn’t live to our expectations” the lion look down sad.

The Head Pastry Chef announced “since you failed to forgo your ways, I could think of no other punishment that suits you. We shall make you into a muffin.” Mr. Lion's face turned white, as he held his heart tight for he was sitting in batter.

That fateful day, they introduced a new item to the menu around the world muffin-lion. Back home in Africa The Parrots, Hippo, Baboons and Mr. Elephant looked from afar asking the crows nearby “Are they really eating the Mr. Lion” the crows look and laughed. He looked at them all and smiled “such a fate would be easy but no.

No, the real tragedy of what happened to Mr. Lion is that was so greedy to the end. Mr. Loin would spend the rest of his days dressed as a muffin as an attraction for the new muffins brands. Unable to eat or smell any though as he forced to eat vegetables as penance. And look at him right there advertising the next sale” That crow laugh some more. As all his friends laughed, the crow smiled “where we can now officially call him the Muffin Lion, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re a greedy lion. When you’re a Muffin Lion that can’t eat muffins is a true punishment.” Mr. Lion filled with regret wishing he listened to his friends. Now stuck wearing a muffin suit advertising sales to pay back his eating spree and wishing he baked muffins instead of taking muffins.

May 18, 2022 02:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Sylph Fox
03:34 Oct 23, 2022

Hi Joshua, I really enjoyed your story! I was on the edge of my seat when I read “We shall make you into a muffin.” and the ending makes me smile :) I'm starting an audio book channel and I'd really love to feature your work. If you’re interested in having your story read by me I'd really appreciate it if you'd contact me at SylphFoxSubmission@gmail.com. Thanks for considering me to adapt your works to an audio book channel.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.