27 comments

Romance Drama

Jill’s heart shivered when she saw Bruce for the first time. The young woman didn’t expect her blind date to be so handsome. After Jill saw Bruce, she wanted to thank her best friend, Rachel, for setting her up on a blind date. Jill hoped that her date felt the same way about her. Since Jill was a psychologist, she tried to read Bruce’s body language toward her. She studied Bruce’s gestures while sitting across from him at a table. Jill liked everything about Bruce, and she couldn’t understand why. She liked the way his lips moved as he spoke to her. She liked his smile and how it complimented his attractive, prominent jawline. Jill loved the hint of gray that decorated Bruce’s short blondish hair. 



Bruce felt the same enthusiasm toward Jill. He loved Jill’s curly fire engine red shoulder-length hair and her gorgeous facial features, which had an Asian-like essence. Everything about Jill seemed perfect to Bruce. Like Jill, he also liked the way her full lips moved when she spoke. There was something that bothered Bruce. He loved meeting Jill, but a melancholy atmosphere would nip at his thoughts now and then. 



“So is this your first blind date?” Jill asked while smirking at Bruce. She licked her lips in anticipation while waiting for her date’s reply. 



“Yeah, this is my first blind date.” Bruce chuckled when he saw a glimmer of disbelief in Jill’s eyes. “Honestly! This is my first blind date!” Bruce repeated. He broke into complete laughter as he tried to convince Jill. 



Jill slowly nodded while squinting her eyes at Bruce with her lips still wearing a smirk. “So I’m the first woman you’ve gone out with? That’s hard to believe.” 



“Why is that so hard to believe?” Bruce shot his question at Jill while still laughing. The man began drumming his fingers on the table as he waited for Jill’s answer.



Jill shrugged her shoulders while looking away from Bruce for a minute. “The guys I dated in the past always dated other women before me. Some of them had girls on the side while they were dating me. I’ve never been with a guy who said that I was his first date. It would be refreshing if it’s true.” Jill laid her suspicious eyes back on Bruce’s ruggedly handsome face. She tried to look serious, but a slight smile would constantly manipulate the corners of her mouth every few seconds.



“It’s true. You’re the first girl I’ve dated.” Bruce looked Jill straight in her eyes and he never blinked. The man folded his hands on the table and he leaned forward with an earnest glow on his face. He wanted Jill to believe him because he was telling the truth. He watched as the smile on Jill’s face slowly faded. 



“You must be a virgin,” Jill stated without hesitation. She watched as Bruce sat back in his chair while giving her a shocked stare. Jill snickered when Bruce’s face turned red.



“I’m gonna pretend you didn’t say that.” Bruce stared at Jill incredulously while chuckling. He wanted to say something else to Jill, but he held back his words while nervously brushing his fingers through his spiked, sharply cut hair. Bruce cleared his throat and he took his eyes off Jill when the waitress approached their table.



***



As the evening went on, Jill and Bruce became more attracted to each other. The couple was no longer at a restaurant. They were now inside of an L.A. nightspot, grinding against each other on the dancefloor. Bruce had his hands on Jill’s curvy waistline and he loved feeling her hips sway rhythmically to the DJ’s hip-hop EDM. 



Jill loved feeling Bruce’s tall and muscular build hugging her from the back. Occasionally, she would playfully gyrate her buttocks against Bruce’s manhood area. Jill couldn’t understand why she felt so comfortable around Bruce. She didn’t feel guarded around him. The young woman loved feeling free around Bruce. She never felt so free on dates with other men. There was something about Bruce that exhilarated Jill. She didn’t mind getting loose with him. She didn’t mind feeling his large, firm hands on her butt even though they had just met a few hours ago. 



Bruce enraptured himself in the nightclub’s erotic atmosphere. The young man also enraptured himself in Jill’s atmosphere. It aroused him knowing that his body sweat was mingling with Jill’s. Bruce never thought of himself as a good dancer. But tonight, Jill awakened a rhythm inside Bruce that he didn’t know he had. He had to catch up with Jill’s dance moves and it amazed him to watch Jill gyrating and grooving like an NBA cheerleader. Bruce’s hands molded Jill’s wide hips and he could feel her sweat leaking through her silver skin-tight dress. The young man stayed in rhythm with his blind date. He rested his chin on Jill’s shoulder while wrapping his bulky arms around her waist and enjoying the feeling of her hand stroking the side of his tattooed neck. 



Jill and Bruce were perfectly in sync with each other. The couple was inseparable as they danced to the DJ's remix of Marco G’s Dancefloor. The R&B dance tune was turning the nightclub upside down. 



“You wanna go to my place after we leave the club?!” Bruce had to shout out his question to Jill over Marco G’s young voice and a booming beat that shook the club’s floor. The young man’s heart skipped a few beats per minute when Jill smiled up at him while nodding her head.



“I’ll ride with you for the rest of the night!” Jill shouted up at Bruce while reaching up and resting her arms on his shoulder. “I like you! You’re cute!” Jill announced her feelings for her blind date. She wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol talking for her or if she was really expressing her feelings for Bruce. Within a second, Jill brought her lips in for a kiss. She had to stand on her toes to kiss Bruce. The kiss made Jill’s skin tingle. Every cell in Jill’s body celebrated when her lips connected with Bruce’s soft lips. Jill thought she was kissing an angel. When Jill kissed Bruce, the nightclub and the crowd of dancing young people disappeared. This was the best first date Jill had ever experienced. She became one with Bruce and she could taste the tequila on his warm lips. 



Bruce couldn’t feel the bounce of the crowd anymore, or the nightlife atmosphere that embraced him and Jill. All he could feel was Jill’s plush lips massaging his. Kissing Jill made Bruce forget that he was a married man. It made Bruce forget that he lied to Jill at the restaurant. Bruce had a wife, but he decided that tonight he was a single man who found love for the first time. The young man embraced the moment with no fear of consequences for lying to his blind date. Bruce felt that he never lied to Jill, so he had nothing to feel guilty about. Everything was falling into place for Bruce, and all he cared about was making Jill happy. 



***



Midnight had arrived and Jill kept thinking about the unforgettable experience she had with Bruce at the nightclub. Jill had a little too much to drink while she was at the club. The young woman still felt aware of her surroundings. Her head was a little fuzzy, but she knew that she was inside Bruce’s house. She made herself comfortable on his sofa, and she didn’t find it strange that Bruce was kneeling in front of her like a man ready to propose.



“You got a nice crib,” Jill giggled out her words while looking around the living room. She studied the clean and sophisticated living room, which had a Mediterranean style. Jill loved every piece of furniture in Bruce’s house and she couldn’t take her eyes off his coffee table, which had the shape of a palm tree.



“There’s something you need to know,” Bruce said while maintaining his kneeling position in front of Jill. “I haven’t been honest with you.” Bruce continued. He chuckled when Jill giggled at his words while playfully tapping the tip of his nose. Bruce knew that Jill was substantially drunk and that she was half-listening to him. 



“Oh-oh, you haven’t been honest with me? You’re hiding something?” Jill’s speech was a little slurred and she caught on to what Bruce said to her a minute later. “What do you want to tell me? You can tell me anything, you know? Because you’re cute and I won’t get mad.” Jill spoke with a flirtatious spice in her already sultry voice. She leaned in Bruce’s face, almost burying his nose in her busty cleavage. The young woman couldn’t keep her hands out of Bruce’s hair and she knew that she was acting silly, but she didn’t care.



“I lied to you when I said you were the first girl I dated.” Bruce softly threw his words out of his mouth and he nervously gazed up at Jill when he felt her hands come to an abrupt stop in his hair.



Jill lifted one of her eyebrows. She kept a bewildered smirk on her face while leaning away from Bruce. “What are you talking about?” Right after Jill asked her question, a mysterious young woman wearing a pair of ripped denim jeans and a pink halter top cautiously stepped into the living room with her hands folded in front of her. To Jill, it looked like the woman appeared out of nowhere. 



“Please, don’t get upset. I can explain this.” Bruce put his hands up in a pleading gesture. He watched as the playful smile on Jill’s face melted into a look of disgust. 



“Who is this? What’s going on?” Jill still had a relaxed tone in her voice, but it had an edge. She tried to stand up from the sofa after it sunk into her mind that Bruce had made a fool out of her, or so she thought. “I need to go home.” Jill became a little sober after the other woman came into the living room with a pitiful expression on her face. “Don’t touch me! You’re an asshole!” Jill’s soft, sultry voice exploded when Bruce attempted to place his hands on her shoulders.



“Take it easy. She’s not what you think.” Bruce chuckled nervously after Jill shoved his hands away. “She’s just the babysitter!” Bruce knew that he couldn’t waste any more time. He quickly reached for his phone to play a video for Jill when he saw that the young woman was about to slap him. 



“What the hell is this?” Jill snatched the phone away from Bruce and it took a minute for her to realize she was looking down at a recorded video of herself talking. Jill couldn’t believe that she was staring down at herself in a video. She turned up the volume on Bruce’s phone to hear what this other Jill was saying. “Is this some kind of joke? Is this CGI or something?” Jill shot her questions at Bruce and she watched as he slowly shook his head.



“You recorded this video yesterday, but you don’t remember it because of your condition,” Bruce explained. His gentle voice shuttered a little when he felt tears trying to bloom in his eyes. “She has a message for you. Just listen.” Bruce tapped his finger on the phone's screen.



“Hey, Jill! I know you’re probably sitting on the sofa feeling confused right about now. Don’t worry, girl! I’ll try to explain everything!” The video Jill laughed out her words while pointing at the phone’s camera. “The man who you went on a date with is your husband. You’re celebrating your anniversary tonight. I hope you had a good time. I told your husband to make you happy for the both of us.” The video Jill paused for a minute while looking down and wiping away a tear. “You have what the doctors call severe anterograde amnesia. It’s a type of amnesia in which a person cannot remember recent memories. You still keep your long term memories, like your childhood memories. But you can’t remember recent memories. You got in a car accident while driving to work. A drunk driver ran a red light and plowed into you, causing your car to rollover. You suffered a severe brain injury and you needed surgery. Every day, you forget who your husband is and your children. I made this video to help you remember that you have a lovely husband named Bruce Livingston, whom you’ve been married to for eight years. You have two beautiful kids. A girl and a boy. Your son’s name is Scott and he’s five years old. Your daughter is seven and her name is Olivia.”



Jill had her hand over her mouth with her eyes glued to the phone's screen. Seeing herself in the video still felt like a dream.



“Since your anterograde amnesia causes you to forget recent memories, you probably don’t remember doing this video the night before.” The video Jill took a deep breath before letting out a soft laugh. “Every night I make a video so your husband can show it to you. I didn’t want you to forget your anniversary, that’s why making this video was super important. I told my hubby, or maybe I should say, our hubby, to take you out on a date. I wanted him to recreate the blind date that your best friend, Rachel, set you up on ten years ago. I wanted Bruce to recreate the night when I first met him. I wanted him to take you to the same places you went to on your first date with him. I wanted your anniversary to be special. I hope you had a good time at The Cobra nightclub. The Cobra was where you kissed your husband for the first time. You have severe amnesia, but you will not let a car accident and your amnesia stop us from enjoying life. You will not be bitter and depressed because life is too short for that. Take notes by recording videos every day so you can capture and remember the best moments in your life. A drunk driver took away a piece of you, but you can get that piece of you back. You’re a wonderful mom and a splendid wife. You’re also a powerful woman and nothing will stand in your way. I love you, girl! You hang in there and I want you to stay strong for the both of us! I can’t explain everything in this video, so your husband will finish the job. I want you to give my love to your beautiful husband and your two gorgeous babies. I wish both of you a Happy Anniversary.”  



Jill kept her watery eyes on the phone even after the video ended. The young woman couldn’t talk for a minute, and she allowed her tears to drip down on her husband’s phone. 



Bruce used his thumb to clean away some tears beneath his wife’s eyes. He watched as his wife slowly stood up from the sofa while softly gasping and brushing her hair away from her wet face. Bruce stood up with his wife and he jumped a little when Jill dropped his phone before grabbing him and kissing him passionately. 



Jill never said a word to her husband and she let her lips do the talking. After assaulting her husband with a heavenly mind-altering kiss, the young woman took her husband by the hand. She reached out affectionately to touch the hand of the babysitter who was a seventeen-year-old girl named Amy Washington.



“Your children are asleep. You want me to show you where their room is?” Amy asked Jill while embracing the woman’s hand. The babysitter guided Jill down the hallway after the young woman gave her a nod while still crying. Amy knew Jill, but she knew that the mother didn’t remember her. The teenager would later find the right time to reintroduce herself to Jill. But for now, she felt that it was more important to show the woman where her children were sleeping, so she could give them her love.



Jill still had her husband’s hand when she stepped into her kids' bedroom. The young woman wasted no time kneeling beside Scott and Olivia’s bedsides and kissing them. She made sure not to let her affectionate kisses wake up her son and her daughter. Jill’s reality was still sinking into her mind as she gazed at her children, feeling like she was staring at two angels for the first time. She would occasionally gaze up at her husband unable to stop her tears. After giving her little boy and her little girl one last kiss on their foreheads, the happy but confused young woman slowly stood up and embraced her husband. 



Bruce kissed his wife on her lips. He watched as his wife wrapped her slender arms around him while laying her tear-soaked face on his shoulder. As he held his wife securely in his arms, Bruce thought about how he instantly fell in love with Jill when they first met. Tears tried to escape from Bruce's eyes when he thought about how the car accident, his wife’s surgery, and her amnesia never destroyed their marriage.





August 25, 2020 10:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

27 comments

05:11 Aug 26, 2020

wow..that was so emotional. I really could feel the emotions through everything, your very good with those little details. It was so sad but yet so touching, it broke my heart and rebuilt it..beautiful! - Ugochi✨*~

Reply

Skyler Woods
07:39 Aug 26, 2020

Thank you, Honey! I'm so glad you liked it! 💙💙💙

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
11:54 Aug 25, 2020

Wow Skyler, that was so emotional 💔. I loved it !!!!!

Reply

Skyler Woods
14:09 Aug 25, 2020

Thank you, Sweetie! I wanted to write a different story this time. No sci-fi or fantasy, just a realistic romantic story with a melancholy atmosphere. I'm so happy you liked it! 💖💖💖

Reply

Sia S
14:42 Aug 25, 2020

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
19:37 Sep 16, 2020

Oh my gosh. One of the best stories I've ever read. Good job. Love your profile picture by the way

Reply

Skyler Woods
21:16 Sep 16, 2020

Thank you so much!! 💗💗💗

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sia S
04:35 Sep 12, 2020

I have a new story out. After writer's block. Would you mind checking it out ?

Reply

Skyler Woods
07:39 Sep 12, 2020

Sure! ❤

Reply

Sia S
07:52 Sep 12, 2020

Actually 2

Reply

Skyler Woods
10:06 Sep 12, 2020

Oh, okay. :D

Reply

Sia S
10:39 Sep 12, 2020

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jane Andrews
18:17 Sep 03, 2020

Although it’s not an original idea, I think you handled this well by leaving the reveal until the end. I began by thinking Jill was being a little foolish to get drunk and put herself in a vulnerable position and then started to think Bruce was a total slime ball once you revealed he was married - and then it was such a relief to realise it was a ‘Fifty First Dates’ scenario and that she had amnesia. Tbh, I think your story has more of an impact than ‘Fifty First Dates’ because we don’t know about the amnesia until the very end. Well done on...

Reply

Skyler Woods
22:22 Sep 03, 2020

Thank you! I'm so happy you liked it! 💟💟💟 I wanted to make the story emotionally engaging and I wanted to make Jill as three dimensional as possible. I know it's not a perfect story, but I tried to do my best. Knowing you liked it makes me so happy.

Reply

Jane Andrews
19:11 Sep 04, 2020

You should feel proud of yourself for that story, Skyler.

Reply

Skyler Woods
23:36 Sep 04, 2020

Thank you, Honey. 😙💙

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Bianka Nova
13:04 Aug 31, 2020

That was so not what I expected! Great story! :)

Reply

Skyler Woods
13:16 Aug 31, 2020

Thank you, Honey! I wanted to give it a twist while keeping it romantic. I'm so happy you liked it! 💟💟💟

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kristin Neubauer
16:45 Aug 30, 2020

Stunning story, Skyler! This is such a unique way to approach this prompt. Your writing was so vivid, so engaging, that I was caught up in the story from the beginning. But when the reveals started coming, I was totally hooked. I'm so impressed with this!

Reply

Skyler Woods
16:49 Aug 30, 2020

Thank you!!! 💟💟💟 I'm so happy you liked it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rayhan Hidayat
20:36 Aug 26, 2020

I ADORE this! 😭 I was afraid you were gonna do another horror twist but that ended up being so heartwarming yet heartbreaking at the same time. Man, you really know how to play with the readers’ emotions. This delicious story gets a Chef’s Kiss 😘from me. Keep it up!!

Reply

Skyler Woods
22:13 Aug 26, 2020

Oh my God! Thank you, Sweetheart! I know it's not a perfect story, but I tried to make it romantic. 💗😙

Reply

Rayhan Hidayat
22:23 Aug 26, 2020

And you pulled it off! 😁 I love the trope of lovers where one or both of them have their memories erased but they end up together again anyway. Like they’re made for each other (sounds cheesy I know). It’s just so cute! Hence why I love this story. Kinda reminds me of that one Black Mirror episode (you’ll know which one if you’ve seen it!)

Reply

Skyler Woods
23:06 Aug 26, 2020

Is it The Entire History of You? I think that's the title of one Black Mirror episode. But I think I'm wrong on that one! 😂

Reply

Rayhan Hidayat
08:21 Aug 27, 2020

Ahh I forgot the name of the episode but it’s the one about the dating simulator... Anyway that was a compliment towards your work!

Reply

Skyler Woods
13:51 Aug 27, 2020

I'm so happy that you liked it! I just wanted to make a good story that you would enjoy!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Atenaga Monday
06:46 Dec 20, 2020

Please read and check my stories need your analysis

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.