Cornelius

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic romance.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Drama Creative Nonfiction

Cornelius was the ugliest kid in high school. Did that stop him from kissing the "most beautiful" girl in high school? No way! In fact it's happening right now! "Hey everyone look over there"!

*Present Time*

I begin leaning in to the most beautiful girl.

*Backstory*

Her name was Olivia Shaw. Her red hair and green eyes and tan skin were striking features. Her beauty was just the tip of the iceberg, she is an NHS member, honor student, fashion designs, artist, and is the funniest girl once you get to know her. She is shy though. Almost every guy in school hits on her, even a teacher did, but she happily declines. Not much else is known about her, she is a beautiful sweetheart that keeps to herself. Anyways, I am about to shoot my shot!

*Back to present time*

I grab her hand and hold it ever so slightly. Her mocha colored skin and soft touch made me feel something I have never felt before. Thats when I opened my eyes and realized it was ugly Christine. Everyone was pointing and laughing at me. Christine looked at me and I looked at her with sorrowful eyes.

*Backstory*

Christine was way too ugly, she maybe valedictorian, but with that cross bite, thin lips, and glasses, I was in no way attracted to her. Now myself, I know I'm not the hottest guy around, but I have a sweet Mustang and I can skate like no other.

*Present time*

I told Christine that she was ugly in my eyes, but out there somewhere, a guy would absolutely adore her small lips and her large glasses. At least I was honest, right? I loved Olivia Shaw so much. I obsess about her and stare at her and dream about her. I wish I could just talk to her. Maybe, just maybe I have a plan!

*At home*

I am friends with a nerdy scientific guy from school, Fred Janson. Fred is what's known as a prodigy. He knows everything about science. He even has a chemical bond named after him and has a full ride to his dream school, MIT. I bribed him and said, if you make me this drug, I will get you a date to the homecoming with ugly Christine. He happily agreed, but I don't know what he sees in her. Anyways, Fred makes this drug that will make Olivia infatuated with me. The plan is to put this drug into her water bottle when she is in gym, she will drink it and be head over heels for me. Fred creates a concoction that requires rotten bananas, sodium chloride, calcium, radioactive cells, and a dash of uranium. I have no idea what these substance even do, but who cares, I am about to be the luckiest guy in high school!

*The next day*

I waited in the girls locker room, finally Olivia shows up and I watch her leave for gym. Her water bottle sat there on her locker shelf. I reach in for the bottle and drop the drug into there. The pill fizzed and dissolved into the water. I quickly scurried out into the hallway. Now I wait.

*Lunchtime*

I wait for Olivia to arrive as usual. She sits by another quiet girl and they eat their lunch, chat, and read books. I watch from afar and Olivia finally arrives. I saw that she drank all of her water. Nothing seems to have happened yet. I waited until the end of lunch. She stood up and fell face first into the ground. Of course several guys ran towards her. They tried to help her up, but realized she was having a seizure. Puss dripped out her mouth and her skin was turning into rotten green flesh. Her eyes turned black as night and her red hair turned a rotten black color. Everyone stepped back. She had a contagious disease that makes you go ugly and crazy. What have I done?? She is uglier than Christine now! Olivia started climbing and jumping on people, biting their necks. I watched everyone become uglier than me. I tried running down the hall as fast as I could. I wasn't very athletic though. Suddenly Olivias eyes met mine. The most surprising thing ever. She stood there in front of me, stinky and gross. she grabbed my face and closed her eyes. She reached for my lips slowly and bit my lips off. I couldn't believe it, it was such an indescribable feeling. My lips were gone. How could Olivia be so ugly and gross to me? love her, I would die for her. Thats exactly what happened too! I turned into this scrawny, bug eyed nerdy looking guy. Olivia ate me. She sucked the blood out of me and ate my liver and licked up my eyes. I was gone!

*Real Lunchtime*

Olivia came and sat at her table. I feared for the worst to happen. She finished her water bottle. She turned down the hallway. I met eyes with her. She gave me these I love you eyes. She walked towards me. She said, you may be the ugliest man in the school, but ur my ugly little man. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Olivia likes me?

She leaned in and kissed me. It felt like fireworks. I had this sharp pain in my back. I open my eyes to meet with Olivias green emerald eyes. She gave me this smirk. Her hand was on my back, holding a knife, stabbing my back. She told me that she knew I slipped something in her drink. She said why do you think I am single, I kill all of my boyfriends so that they can be my souls forever and ever. My heart sank. She began eating away at my face and I screamed until she hit me in the head with a locker door.

*Present time*

Hey Jake what are you doing?? Hey Jamie, just reading this crazy apocalyptic love story from Reedsy Blogs. Jake you are so obsessed with writing those stories! Which one were you reading? The one that I wrote about Cornelius, he finds himself a real lady killer. Nice red hair and green eyes, Jamie.

September 25, 2020 15:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.