0 comments

Fiction Horror Thriller

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

The sun dips in the bloody ocean as our ship travels across the hellish ocean. The wind shrieked like ghosts as they ripped the ship's sail from top to bottom. “This is all because of that damned box full of cargo,” he mutter to myself, slurring his words as I took another sip from the bottle. The snoring kept me up as the surrounding men rolled around in slumber. Edward held a candle and stumbled around the ship. The rain made it difficult to hear the pitter-patter of the rat's feet as he walked around. Edwards' bare feet plunged into a mysterious substance. I hope this is only an alcoholic beverage. Edward put on his pirate shirt, and he bolted on the deck. He observed several men labouring to hoist a spare sail while the captain assertively barked orders, urging them to work faster. There were candles in cages swinging in the wind, giving the men a ghoulish look. Edward walked over to Captain Timothy. 

“How far are we from the island?” Edward yelled. My deceitful hat was almost ripped off my head. Edward quickly grabbed it and patiently waited for an answer. Timothy tightly grasped the compass in his hands, feeling its power coursing through him. The rain jabbed his eyes, threatening to take his sight.

 “We’re on the right path, but it’s hard to tell.” The wind silenced his screams. “I need you guys to head to starboard.” Timothy was screaming at the top of his lungs, and the men stumbled to the ship's left side, trying not to slip. As the ship dove and went up the gigantic waves, the men were clinging on to the boat with their fingernails. Edward walked down to help Samuel with the sail. Samuel ran over to untie a knot and was shoved over, and the boat sharply turned left, and he fell over. A bright red light emitted over the sky and was shining in my eyes. Timothy turned the ship aggressively, facing the light.

“What are you doing?” He yelled.

“I want to know if there’s any cargo on that ship.” He said with a stern voice. 

“Your insane!” Edward screamed frantically, running towards him and trying to rip the rotten wheel away frm hm. But he shoved me away and yelled at the crew to work harder. 

The waves battered the ship's side but eventually got to the center of the disaster. What they saw was a slightly battered ship. The mast was the pride and joy of the ship, but this ship was damaged. The open lanterns swung as few shadows reflected in the light. 

“GET THE GANG PLANKS READY!” Timothy said. The gangplank crew rushed over to the mast and prepared it.

When Edward swung from the main mast and hit the nasty dck he was consumed by silence. 

He put his hand on his sword and slowly pulled it out. Edward cautiously walked to the group. 

“Everyone get into groups,” Timothy snapped.” Firstmate Samuel, yur with me. Evryne else srch the scnd dck  well hed to hawl” The cabn crewwent with them shilly bellowdck. 

Timothy cautiously grabbed one of the lanterne and went down the hawl. 

The creaking floorboards snapped underneath Timothy. “Goddam.” Blood leaked from his lag. Samuel qíckl pulled a hanckerchief from his brestpcket. Smuel went pased and took teh lead. As descended he jumpedinto the hawl. Smuel looked around teh hawl and saw the gnpwder. With the barrl  wereapere of melted  drooping souls and sinester cry. 

‘ARH.’

Edward and his group were still searching on the popdeck heard the cry and immediately bolted down the stairs. They jumped down into the hawl  and what they witnessed is Captain Timothy had whipped out his blundrbust  pulled the trigger and the bullet travelled the distance of the room the bullet hissed  the captain looked back and whispered. 

“Sorry.” 

The scars on his  face began to sag as it dawned on him what he did. The crew began to wale as they got out their blundrbusts. They shot a few rounds, but it only pierced the air. The ghost began to mock, and hissed at them crying out.

“We have been here for centuries and we’ll burn down the world with you pleading for mercy as God and Satin cry out in victory as the pirates have brandished them a mark of their wicked deeds. As Satin with a mouth full of daggers, licks his maw eagerly awaiting your crooked, and deceitful overcoming. As God spits in the eyes of those who sinned. When you cry out for mercy, God will look back at you and smile. Lucifer will go down to you and with the pitiful gleam in his eyes whisper. You have found your way home. And then you will realize what you have done today. Your eyes will widen as your punishment slithers down your throat, and you try to cry out, but you choke on your own hubris.

The bullet ripped open the gnpwdr, and the captain took off his hat and bowed. He then tried to repeat it, but the explosion consumed him. The army of ghosts was illuminated by the explosion.

BANG. The shockwave threw everyone backwards. Edward  dropped his cutlas he frantically went to pick it up. He heard men scream and charge. Edward quickly joined the fight. The screaming echoed but was muffled by the rush of water. Edward occasionally realized that was all lost and quickly went back up the stairs with a group of men. 

When the group of men ended up on the popdeck they realized they were surrounded by ghosts. Some men raised their cutlasses and went to fight. They began to charge and when they interlocked their cutlasses, they felt that the wind was suffocating them. The ghost began to cry out and sing. 

“We will take over, and we will feast on your bodies until hell consumes us.”

The men tried to scream, but the wind forced their mouths shut. As they fought, they realized they had moved as they were in molasses. Men were cut down, and to their horror, they realized what a grave error they had made; only a few men now stood with Edward; he was surrounded by them.

Draft one Part one

September 02, 2024 15:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.