0 comments

General

Life is full of struggles, obstacles, pain and heartbreaks. Here we fall, not once but many times . Those who rise up and face another challenge are winners. It is very easy to talk about someone's struggle until we place ourselves in their place. Inspiring stories only give us motivation and only motivation is not enough . You should love your dreams only then you can achieve them. So, here I am gonna tell you a short story about struggle and achievement of a girl and yes this is a real story.

Soniya , a girl from a very backward village of India, where girls were forced to marry at very small age, where males are still dominant, where there is caste system.

Soniya is eldest daughter in her family having three small siblings. Her dreams were limited like her village. Since childhood, she was taught not to dream big,not to raise voice against false. Why she can't raise her voice? Because she is a girl. But she was completely opposite. Her dad was a very rich and educated person, first person in whole district who visited abroad for his work. But his money, his education was totally worthless. When he used to come home, he always used to beat his wife until she lost her consciousness. Soniya can't do anything except start living with that pain. She was helpless because whole family supports her father. She was forced to choose her dad no matter if he is wrong. She was good in studies. She was the only girl in the whole village who can read as well as write English. As she was eldest in her family, she has responsibilities of all her siblings because mom was not that much educated and father was useless. At the age of six ,she started helping her mother in household chores and also in farming. Her dad live in nearby town in his big mansion leaving his childrens in poor mud home. When she was 13 years old, in her holidays after exams she went to the city along with her brother to meet father. That was the first time when she went outside of the village. She was impressed by the environment of the city. When her vocations came to end her dad insisted both of the children to go back to the village. Her brother went back to village but soniya asked her father if she can live with him. Her father forced and threatened her that she have to do all the household work ,cooking, washing, ironing . She agreed to work as a maid with her own father. She knows that she have to face lots of obstacles in future but she want to come out and achieve something big. This was her first achievement to come out from the shell.

Soniya's father was the biggest trouble. Everyday he came back to home at 12 PM . He doesn't care about soniya but she still she love her him very much. Soniya had face lots of criticism in her school ,sometimes for wearing long suit and also for having leaches in her hair. But still she smile . No one knows the burden behind her beautiful smile. After sometime she called her mother to come to the town along with her siblings. Her father refused but she was soo stubborn.

Life was going smoothly after a long time looks like it was a silence before a wild storm . Here comes the very good friend of Soniya whom she met in school. Her name was Naina . Naina was very Frank and funny girl. She has helped Soniya in every work from school to home. Naina introduced her family with Soniya's family. They family also become good friends. After sometime, someone told Soniya that her father was walking with Naina and they were holding each others hands. She was completely shocked. She didn't feel good. She was soo embarrassed that she was unable to tell this to her mother. Then she broke up with Naina so that her family wouldn't face any trouble but her father usually visits Naina's home. It was the month of February. Her high school exam were going on. One day at midnight, family of Naina come at her home with gun and the storm has come. They were very angry. They confessed that Naina has a child of Soniya's father in her womb. It was heartbreaking moment for whole family. Her mother still didn't believe. Suddenly this news went viral in whole town with very fast velocity. Soniya was even afraid to walk outside as people look at her like she was victim. Her father held Soniya responsible for all this because Naina was her friend. What was the mistake of that small girl that her father was completely asshole . Before doing all this he don't even think that Naina was her daughter's friend. After a one month they run away to another city. Soniya scored good grades instead of all problems. This was her another achievement. When people started threatening them ,they went to another city. She thought that maybe now her father will understand. But no not at all. Only for two months her father treat them nicely and then he returned in his old form. One problem just ended suddenly another problem comes in Soniya's life her parents relationship was worsening day by day. They do fight on daily basis. It feels like only problem was her friend. After lots of fights with her father she finally took admission in university. She was quite silent girl. In university she met Rosie . They become best friends. She also used to visit Soniya's home. After sometime when she saw that her father started visiting Rosie's home. She remembered the old incident and once again because of her father she lost her another friend and then she warns her father not to talk to Rosie and her family. Now she was all alone. She don't have any friend but she have loving siblings who are everything for her. When she was about to complete her graduation she met a boy from her school . They never talk in school but as they were in same school so they remember each other. His name is Avi. They started chatting on Facebook then WhatsApp. Avi is officer in Indian Navy. Soniya and Avi both have quite same family conditions so they understand each other.

Their relationship was going quite well but Soniya was not that much open to Avi and it was hard for him to understand her. But when she share her dark secrets with Avi . He truly falls in love with her and now the another problem begins Avi was from another caste and Soniya's father was strongly against it. Her father used to taunt her all the time for loving Avi and it was becoming very hard for her to living in her own home. Everyday she used to cry over her destiny. Fighting with her family for 2 years finally she married to Avi. She was the first girl in her whole village who had done intercaste marriage . Now she has open the eyes of all those superstitious people who always stick to their fucking rules. Intercaste marriages are still very big problems in our society. But Soniya has proved that if you have courage you can do anything. This was her another achievement. Her final dream was to become a Professor and now no one can stop her because she have loving husband, mother and siblings who always supports her.

So, it is very painful journey for Soniya from that small village girl to a Professor. She has really achieved great things. Instead of being from superstitious and orthodox family, and facing betrayal from friends ,she always stand strong.

July 03, 2020 04:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.