0 comments

Thriller Crime Suspense

HER name is Daisey Shes about 30 years of age 


She loves watching true crime 24/7 such as Investigation Discovery 

Netflix and true crime docs Shes what you might call a true crime junky. One-night Shes watching the news and they report an unsolved case of a missing woman about 25 years of age her name is Abagil Wood the news reports where she was last seen at a park named Shady Hills, on the other side of town of Liberty Idaho where both Daisy and Abagil are from Liberty is a small town with a population of 50,000 give or take where crime is at all time low here, while missing persons Cases Rarely happen in this somewhat of a quiet town. 

She was wearing a blue shirt blue jean pants and a black cap with sunglasses, around 2pm last Sunday it is now Tuesday, Daisey is about the turn the tv off when she sees a desperate plea from her family asking for the public’s help, they are wearing white shirts with their daughter picture imprinted on them and each of them are holding up their own photo of the missing women, they are even offering a 50,000-thousand-dollar reward for any information Crucial or not, Daisy isn’t motivated by money, she motivated by doing the right thing and right now she thinks becoming a sleuth is the right thing, at this exact moment, Daisy heart breaks for the family all they want is their loved one back Abagail's mom burst into tears and asks the public of Liberty Idaho to please, please come forward if they saw or heard anything last Sunday, or seen anyone suspicious at Shady Hills, she needs all the help she can get in finding her daughter. Daisy thinks to herself 1 missing Daughter is Every mom worst nightmare and every mom's pain times 10x She desperately wants to bring Abagil home safe and sound and do whatever it takes to find her. 


Daisy is glued to the screen she sits back down and watches intense as the family’s pleas’ turn to the family pain and Abagil moms breaks down along with her husband, Abagil farther, Dennis, and before you know it the segment is over, and the news anchor is asking anyone with information to call crime stoppers with their tip, now this sounds like a million of missing person cases that Daisey is used to seeing from her time spent watching true crime docs, but something stays with Daisy about the Abagail Wood case, at first Daisy is thinking the police will find her dead, if she isn’t already, then she think what if there a possibility she alive and well if not M.I.A, that means (missing in action) so daisy grabs her 

MacBook from the bottom of her coffee table in her living room and starts googling the case trying to find any information on the case she possibly can daisy knows this case is fresh and every second matters, what do I think Iam going to accomplish? Daisy thinks to herself for a brief minute as she stops herself in her tracks but then continues sleuthing. 

Daisy doesn't know what she expects to find or why she is doing any investigating on a missing person's case at all, but something about this case and only this case takes a hold of her, like some unseen force that grabs you tight and doesn't let go, Daisy spends the next week or so calling friends and family members she finds through Abagail's Facebook Page She has not updated her page since went missing. Daisy come up empty handed as far where Abagail might be or what might have happened to her once she was at the park, Daisey finds very little about Abagil no real best friend no boyfriend that anyone knows about as if that’s rare these days, Fastforward a week later, Another women by the name Sydney Wells goes missing the description is 21 female wearing cargo shorts and a blue polo and white sneakers disappeared from a park called Shady Hills around 5:30 last evening please call in for tips she disappeared from the same park that Abagail disappeared from, Daisey thinks this Can’t be a Coincidence 2 disappearances a week apart from the same place no less. Daisy can't stop scratching her head about it, what Daisey finds out is very little again, but no connections between the two women either by friends' their jobs or even associations, no best Friends or boyfriends etc. 


If you're wondering by this point is Daisey becoming a detective scratch that a sleuth as they call them on those hallmark movies, because 

Daisy had some traumatic experiences growing up I can rest assure you (that's not the case no pun intended). 


Daisey has always wanted to help a helping hand she feels it's her birthright she often wonders if she was either of the two women 

She would want somebody out there Certainly looking for her. 


Daisey often thinks as herself as some sort of Sleuth she hates that phrase but finding the predator or predators is more important to her, and finding this women alive is all she cares about at the moment justice just got behind the stirring wheel and phrases will just have to take a backseat for now, with no luck on what happened to the women or where they might have gone. One morning Daisey wakes up and something that should of dawned her from the first disappearance or at least the last but 

No articles on the web or new outlets ever reported anything about 

These young women having vehicles, did their attackers kidnapped them and ditch their vehicles did they even have one to begin with? 

Daisey thinks of going to the police and asking for their stats on the disappearances, she knows she has little to nothing, and the worst is the police might think she had something to do with it if she barges in their headquarters asking to many questions, sounding like some wannabe sleuth or even worse a loon. 

The next morning, Daisy wakes up and see a news report of a man named 

David Evans arrested for the murder of his wife, daisy doesn't think much of it as watches intensely but as the new report goes on mentions his 2020 CRYSLER van, being seen by many witnesses, at the shady hills park on multiple occasions not to mention the 2 times Abagil and Syndey went missing, and police also fund 9mm gun with gun residue on the barrel meaning its been fired recently, also in the van police find DNA from 2 unidentified victims, along with 2 ID’S and two different wallets belonging to the 2 victims the news doesn't even have to say their names Daisy can already feel it in her soul and heart and the DNA comes back it will certainly match Abagil and Sydney, a part of Daisey feels maybe its two other women and Abagil and Sydney if will be a few days for police to get the results, FastForward a week later, Daisy gets upsetting news The DNA found in the van matches that of Abgail and Sydney, David Evans is charged with kidnapping and murder he confesses to nothing and will probably stand trial and get convicted even without their bodies be discovered as of yet. as for the victims' bodies they have yet to be found, Daisy is Relived the killer was caught but heartbroken all around for the victims' Family. 

Daisy can't help but also feel useless she feels her efforts didn't really do much as you can say she didn’t do much of anything, but then daisy thinks that she at least tried, as you're probably wondering and asking yourself, why Daisy didn’t visit the families and ask questions pretending to be part of the media or something. daisy feels as she couldn’t she didn’t want to upset the families more and she thinks to herself what go could have come from it all she would have done is upset the families so much they tell her to get out or have her arrested then she would be the one in the jail for interfering with an ongoing Investigaton as the police like to say. 


Daisy is sure of one thing justice was served, she does hope one day their bodies will be recovered and the families can lay them to rest properly. 

In some weird way daisy felt compelled to investigate, something about this case and true crime in general really sticks out to her, I guess you can say the police did their job for once, but no if if it wasn’t for David Evans murdering his wife and being arrested for it, the police would have never searched his van and found the evidence they need to tie him to Abgail and Sydney murder, right around now Iam sure the police is informing the family of the case, One thing Daisy is sure about is that David Evans would never hurt anyone ever again, daisy does often ponder would she ever play sleuth again she says to herself not anytime soon I hope. She knows she no Nancy drew or even Jessica Fletcher at least not yet, she often does wonder to herself if being an investigator is her true calling in this lifetime she thinks maybe, maybe not,


Only Time Will Tell!
















September 27, 2023 16:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.