7 comments

Sad Contemporary Fiction

When he was in school, he always dreams that one day he will be a teacher of one of the well reputed institution of the country. He always noticed the teaching styles of his teachers and kept notes that how could he become a good teacher. He has to take good marks for achieving his dream. He always completed his homework and learned all his lessons by heart. He was a good student in school always achieving first position in class.

Whenever he was free he was always enjoyed living in his imaginary world where he was a teacher. He putted all his toys in a sequence in the yard of his house assuming that they were his students and he gives them names of his friends and class fellows in the school. He copied the style of his teachers and enjoyed teaching in his imagination where he was the most favourite teacher of his students (toys). He repeated all his school lessons in front of his students (toys) in a way he was teaching them.

“Why you want to become a teacher? I mean… there are many other respective professions. Right?” there was a lot of people asking him such questions but at that time he had no answer except saying “I love teaching.”

After graduation, spending almost 16 to 18 years of his life and a lot of money, he was very hopeful and thought that now this was the time of getting his dream came true. He applied in almost every school and college but achieving a dream never to be as easy as we think. Same happened to him and everyone demands experience as without experience his degree is of no value. He was a fresh graduate and he was too much depressed that if no one will hire him how could he be experienced?

One day he was sitting in a restaurant with one of his friends. “I’m too much depressed, ya! Wherever I applied; everyone demands experience” he said.

“You can choose another profession, ya! I mean you can start a business. After all this is the time of internet. Many people sell their talent through internet and you are very talented, Man! Why you always want to become a teacher. There is a lot of things, ya!” his friend suggested.

He was not a school boy now. He knows the answer, he knows why he wanted to be a teacher; so he said “Teaching is the profession that born other professions. If you are a teacher you could develop a doctor, engineer, businessman and many others. Teaching is my love, ya! How can someone live without his or her love?”

“Alright. Alright. I know you have the answer of everything. But this is the question of your career” his friend said.

“I know…. But I want to build my career with the brick of teaching.” He said.

“Then I will suggest that you should start M. Phil, ya! May be you would have some opportunity in a university after it.

Spending almost 2 to 3 years more and double money he was at last become a scholar. He was very happy that now he would be a lecturer in a university and finally his dreams will come true. But there was a lot of competition in universities. No one paid attention on his qualification; the other candidates who have money to take job were always hired. But he wanted to get job on the basis of his talent, not money.

One day, he was sitting on the prayer mat in the early morning after the prayer of Fajr. He was praying to Allah as “O’ Allah the Almighty! You are merciful and benevolent. No doubt you are my only hope. O’ Allah! I’m asking you for having my dream. Please give me my happiness. You know that how much effort I have made for this dream. I don’t want to get job through bribery, as it is forbidden in our religion. I want it through my talent. O’ Allah! Please….please.”

On that day he received an email from the Harvard University. He was surprised. He opened that email and started reading it.

___________________________________________

Dear Akbar,

We have reviewed your research papers and some other writings that you have uploaded in different sites time to time. You are a good thinker and a good thinker could be a good teacher as well. We have some opportunity for you. We would like to meet you for mutual exploration. We will train you for this. We will provide you visa and accommodation. For this, kindly follow the steps below:

____________________________________________

He was too much surprised to see it. His excitement was on peek. There were a lot of steps to follow; but he did them all at once and ready to go there. It was really a good opportunity for him.

Finally the day of his departure was arrived. He was very happy. He was sitting in the airplane very first time in his life. The plane was ready to take off. There was a lot of hustle and bustle in the plane. All passengers were looking hopeful to have their destination soon. The destination was waiting for them. He tied his seat belt.

Just after passing some minutes, they were in the air. The scenery was awesome outside. Everyone was busy in chattering to each other. Some were eating, some were sleeping. He couldn’t sleep last night in excitement and now he was feeling sleepy. After a while, he was snoring.

Suddenly, he awaked due to crying and shrieking of passengers but couldn’t understand that what has happened. Then he listen some voices behind him “fire…..fire”. Everyone was crying but he didn’t know what he should do. The plane was on fire. There was a lot of hotness. The plane was out of control. The passengers were falling here and there. His seat belt was suddenly broken and then the last thing he felt was a great pain in his head which was perhaps because of something hitting him. His dream was crashed with the plane. 

December 15, 2020 11:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

TAHIR SHAHZAD
14:43 Dec 16, 2020

This is a great master piece of Eastern post modernism . People even don't know how teachers are being made or manipulated by the students and have become barren even in their own creative mind .Because if one student does works in an hour by copy pasting the stuff for his and her assignment from the net as a plagiarism .He gets 9marks out of 10and if a person does and complete his /her assignment or presentation by working for three weeks .He gets only 3 out of 10. (Here teachers even don't know about the difference of right and wrong and ...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nimra Shahid
10:46 Dec 16, 2020

Wow mashaALLAH bht hi maza ki story thi i feel really proud of my best friend I think hr insan ko apna dream achieve krna k lia hr mumkin struggle krni chahiya or phr apna ALLAH sa hi mdd mangni chahiya q k sirf whi ha jo insan ko mushkil mn akala nhi chorta

Reply

Show 0 replies
Eriny Youssef
21:47 Dec 30, 2020

You picked a very important, and interesting, topic for the story. When teaching is discussed, it's mostly about the students or the organizations. But rarely from the teacher's point of view. Keep it up.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Nouman Awan
04:49 Dec 19, 2020

It's great, keep it up

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bitwa Chutki
07:12 Dec 18, 2020

It's really a very interesting story. Ireally loved it. I have no words to explain it. Very nice my sweet sister. Keep it up! Wish you best luck!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Fasiha Maryam
07:11 Dec 18, 2020

Great! Keep it up

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mâ Rîà
17:22 Dec 16, 2020

Good one 👍🏻Keep it up.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.