2 comments

Contemporary Crime Suspense

THE BIG PARTY

_______________ ONE _______________

The dark night appeared very cool and chiefly, as it ushered in men and women of diversified strength to the millionaire’s house.

The scene saw countless numbers of people trouping in and out, while some who were quite early were standing outside with a glass of red wine and thus exchanging pleasantries with friends.

As people were been ushered in by friends and party officials, the view was now been shifted to an approaching vehicle: Be My Wife (BMW) jeep and a Range Rover jeep.

Suddenly, three (3) men in suit with briefcases came out from each of the car respectively – making them six (6) in a whole as they were men of the same union (Huzzling Kingdom Cabal).

And as they go in just like the gentle, free and classic men they acted or rather, pretended to be: they smiled and waved hands to people, in order to counter the crowd’s taught against them. And just as they entered, the Master of Ceremony (MC) a popular Nigerian hip-hop star: Peter Okoye of the former P-Square duos, announces to the audience with a sweet melodious tone as thus:

“Greetings, distinctive partners of an industrious businessman, a man with a great weight of excellence (he continues) – friends and well wishers, Ladies and gentlemen…” while he promotes the audience attention, the six men in suit that were standing were brought forward to sit along with another six men who were dressed in the Nigerian traditional-Igbo attire also in a pretentious acts. Thus making them a good number of twelve (12) men that will personally get attended to on a beautiful and well crafted Chinese table; to dine together with the millionaire (host) – for they were both on a mission to him and interestingly regarded.

_________________ TWO _________________

As they stared at each other although, not surprised because they were once in one cabal before their separation – a long story to be told for another season.

Cheerfully – the crowd of over 1,500 were already clapping hands as the Master of Ceremony ushers in the host:

“May I salute in, the Nigerian-British business tycoon: Bright Obinna Morgan to the surface”.

“Well my friends; of high dexterity. On behalf of I and my entire family, I welcome you all (he speaks in an uncommon tone) and as usually: to my great weekly feast. Bright M. Obinna says… Well, (he continues) we are not here to talk too much but to celebrate ourselves now that we are alive because (he stretches it and speak silently) “enjoyment is for the living”.

So! What next? (he asked)

Let’s celebrate (he answered). Drink and eat to your taste and satisfaction, for this is the best way of life (he concluded). Very interesting…

And as he descended to dine with the great men in suits and uncommon traditional outfit, the crowd couldn’t stop clapping enough – for he was of a great benevolence and left everyone speaking about him in admiration and proceeded with their next line of entertainment: which is the item 7 (food and drink) as always.

________________ THREE ________________

Now with the group, as he cheerfully exchanged smiles and pleasantries with them, after patronizing each other’s smiles and warm words, the millionaire together with the twelve (12) men who were already familiar to their faces, pretended not to know each other and finally rested their standing.

And as they eat on the same table; they discussed their proposed agenda wherefore they came. (Business of the day).

The First Group

Huzzling Kingdom boss in the person of Mr. Senegal:

“We are into real estate. We are here for the proposed sale of ‘Prince and Princess Houses Limited’

Wow, am delighted (Bright M. Obinna) exclaimed.

The Second Group

Killers-Snippers boss in the person of Dr. Williams:

“We are part of the humanitarian associates from Common-Wealth of Nations Aid; and we are on a mission to get rich and philanthropic dudes involve to donate funds to the Common Wealth Missions for West African Children.

“We therefore bring you greetings (presenting a fake royal seal of the crown) from

Queen Elizabeth – the great mother of England who is still mourning over the death of her departed but most beloved man Prince Harry”

(Well kindly accept my sympathy Bright O Morgan reacted while receiving the fake royal seal.

He paused for a moment and breaks the air –

“Well credible and distinctive gentlemen (speaks richly) I am honoured by your presence. Even when I got your correspondence I know I was in for another great move” (words cut).

The attention was now on the views of the dancing audience and by the end of four (4) hours, the party came to an end as the host escorted the great men in suit and rest everyone that brazed his party.

_________________ FOUR _______________

Three (3) days later, the entire city of Port-Harcourt, in Nigeria, woke up joyfully as regard to the latest announcement from the National Television: that informs the entire public to braze the next Friday party of Bright Obinna Morgan and this time, he personally title it “The Big Party”, where he would give every attendees the sum of $50 each in appreciation to God Almighty.

Thus, this was the same day that he planned to stamp the deal to purchase “Prince and Princess House Ltd” and also, to donate to Commonwealth Aid to West-African Children the sum of $50 million.

And as the day runs, eventually the “D” day came and thousands were present including the fraudsters.

Truly, the host’s intention was true and pure; and as usual, the devils sat together with the host for the great party. Before the present time, they almost knocked themselves out with bullets as regards to the previous day. But while they sat in hot expectation of catching the big fish and duping him, all of a sudden, some states security men escorted by the police anti-fraud department, batched at the twelve while eating and drinking from the same table and secretly got them arrested without the audience noticing.

Composed by Ofurum Raymond

June 29, 2021 17:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Trishna Pandey
14:22 Jul 05, 2021

Hi. A few suggestions. 1. Language needs to be cleaned. When punctuations are dramatically different from acceptable usage it takes away the essence of the story and these mistakes draw more attention. 2. There needs to be a clear experience shared. The story seems like something happened almost without a theme and narrates like reporting an event. It maybe good to have a theme. You could introduce the theme (context) and bring the story to some sort of closure.

Reply

20:05 Jul 05, 2021

Thanks friend U are right Although am not that cool in English tenses. Grateful for this.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.