0 comments

Adventure Crime Fiction

Health workers were running helter skelter, pulling stretcher here and there. The Ambulances were flashing their red lights and blaring their sirens nonstop and dead bodies and the wounded were being loaded into them and taking to the hospitals.

There was commotion everywhere. Some stretchers were bumping into each, voices raised here and there by the tiring workers. Volunteers were not left out of the actions; they were contributing their quota in clearing the dead and wounded.

The officers with their black and white stripe cars flashing their lights were providing security to the workers at the holidays resorts of Amari in east African country of Jabala where massive bombing took place not long ago.

The resort is a getaway heaven for the westerners, and the insurgents were from the tribe trying to break away from the country. They had been fighting government for the past three years now. Their belief was that the United Nations which had not been taking their struggle serious would now wake up or that the central government whom on their part had been treating them like side noise for the past three years now would know that that 'no one is joking here'. 

Whatever was their reasons for targeting the resort, was not mentioned in their acknowledgement speech.

" I don't care whether the security council called for emergency meeting or not, my people had been dying in great numbers for the past three years now, if these white girls continue to come here to wear panties in public, i will continue to kill them till they repent" their leader said".

" But our aim was to free ourselves from the Christian dominated country, and form our own country. Not looking for girls on pantyhose or preaching koran"

" Both go hand in hand for maximum effect, one would automatically lead you to the other"

" They would declare us terrorists group and come after us"

" Let them declear whatever they like, if those infedels supply this government with weapons again to kill my people, I will start target them in other countries here"

The European Union who had been warning their people orally about the dangers of visiting Jabala due to the insurgency going on there; were suprised to see the leader of group sounding like 'pity' claiming to be behind the bombing, concluded that the insurgency they thought was political have turned into religious.

EU were of the opinion that any group that was capable of carrying out bombing of such magnitude were able to carry out what they threatened. So, they decided to cancel flight to and from jabala to EU and other blocks leaders followed suit. Only AU were on the side of the jabala leaders.

" It out responsibility to help these tourist to help themselves. If we don't cancel the flights, they will keep going there and kept getting themselves killed." 

Edward King, an Irish man that had been working for years now and saving for a trip to Amari resort was highly disconcerted when the EU actions came to him. He was a man that don't operate on fear and limitations so he decided to find another route to Jabala. The only Continent not canceling was Africa, and EU was even planning to to close their embassies they if government there refused to take the rebels serious and crush them within reason able time. 

Edward wasn't deterred by all the word from his government. He searched his head for solutions that would take him to the resort during his leave break. " If miss it during the leave break, it would gone forever" he said. " I wonder how EU don't know that their reactions was what rebels wanted, why make it easy for them" 

He decided to get passport from any African country. He told his friend about his plan and the friend contacted his friend that were into passport runs and connected them; he was told to wait for two weeks for enquiry, at the end of the two weeks, he was contacted and were surprised to hear the type of money involved.

" Amount you are get is too exorbitant, don't you have any thing lower than that?" He enquired.

" We're talking of Namibians passport, not south Sudan. It's price we pay for being white at time, not may countr has whites among them in Africa."

" So, there's no way it be made lower or something?" 

" Do you want Burundi passport?, It can be far lower than the Namibia's, but the risk is quite high. You stand the risk of being turned around at the airport or even detained if one religious staff happened to be on duty, do you want to try your luck?"

" No, i don't want such story, only that the amount is higher than my budget for the tour"

" Why not postpone the journey, maybe in future, things might back to normal"

" No, i don't operate in ' maybes, i need to do make that journey. It took me years planning for the trip"

He decided to deep his hands into his retirement fund and fund the trip. He paid for the passports and went ahead planning for the trip to east African resort of Amari in Jaballa.

Meanwhile, the Abu Makon as the separatist were known as, was on their part planning another attacks on the hotels in the capital they believed would take them to the negotiating table. 

" If killing of the these naked girls would bring about the reactions we're witnessing, bombing their hotels in the capital for sure would lead us their table" their leader concluded.

So, the preparations for the many coordinated attacks were on on high scales. The guerrilla battle with the government that were visibly shaking by the attack and ultimatum coming from world leaders weren't going well for them and that was Melody on the ears of the rebels, highly encouraging.

The number of tourists to the resort had reduced and the rebels knew that it was only a matter of time before the place will be swarming with the tourist again hence, the need for the fresh attacks. 

"We need to do serious thing about the resort again, it not only money generating source for the government but symbol of stability to the masses.

The resort was added once again to their list of must do things, while the likes of Edwards were finalizing their plans.

March 01, 2021 23:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.