28 comments

Mystery Thriller Drama

January 1, 2019 (Tuesday, 10:15 p.m.)


I want to confess, to you a stranger. I want to reveal my secret.

And maybe because you don’t know me...you still might get the chance to know me better than anyone else.

Blue - I hope the title didn’t confuse you, or if it does I hope that it gets your attention.

If you are going to ask me what I'm feeling right now, maybe it is too absurd to say that I'm happy, because I'm definitely not. It's a kind of mixed emotions; scared but there's a hint of excitement knowing that I will no longer hide this. It is totally difficult for me to spill out the truth, and I’ve been hiding it for years now. I guess this is the perfect time for people to know, or at least this is the right time for people to realize that we are not monsters as what they tend to describe us. I’ve lived my whole life pretending like a normal teen, but I can’t hide it anymore. Believe it or not, I have a Multiple Personality Disorder or what they called now Dissociative Identity Disorder. Imagine a world without knowing who you are, where suddenly you will turn into someone you are not aware of. Just in case you don’t know, Dissociative Identity Disorder involves a lack of connection between a person’s sense of identity, memory, and consciousness. In which I hope you understand where I am right now; in this state of fear of coming out.

At this point, I am at the ‘happy phase’ point of my disorder which means, I didn’t switch (my alter) for more than 5 months now. This is truly a milestone for me. And my next goal is to overcome this disorder.

So why am I writing this?

Because it’s not yet over.

I lied when I told you that I’m fine because I wasn’t. My alter just came up a while ago before I decided to do this writing. I still hear voices now and then, and it feels like I’m back into becoming a puppeteer or a robot. I can’t control myself, but I need to. I’ve fought it this far, but it is far from over.

And to tell you more about my disorder, here are my 8 multiple personalities (from youngest to the recent one);

Irma: Female, around the age of 6. She’s playful; who loves stuffed animals, teddy bears to be specific. She is also fearful. The last thing I remembered about her when she appeared was that she goes tantrums just because of this distinct loud sound she heard from my neighbor. Gladly, my doctor came to help at that time.

Kurt: Male, around the age of 8. He’s quiet and a bit shy. He also likes animals and his fondness of listening to music makes him too adorable to resist. When he does talk, he always stutters and has this soft sound like old English.

Katy: Female, around the age of 22. Flirty, seductive and rebellious. She’s an outgoing person and loves to hang out. She always gets what she wants. And she loves biting her nails and playing her hairs as if like she was seducing a guy. The last time she appeared is when my boyfriend kissed me. I know for a second that she will appear at that time, but I tried to divert her focus and gladly, I came back.

Mathe: Male, 24. He’s dangerous, violent, and dark. He loves watching gore movies and always wanted to do it. Every time he appears, he always bows down his head, and his eyes were always deadly and sharp. The last time he appeared is when my doctor came to visit me, and Mathe went berserk because he feels like he was disturbed. And the scariest thing he did was he tried to cut his fingers (or should, I say my fingers) gladly, my doctor got the chance to get the knife he was supposed to use.

Alice: Female, around the age of 29. She’s smart and kind. She always takes notes and loves creating poems and short stories. Also, she’s very sweet and likes making origami flowers. Every time she comes out, she normally writes very quickly, and will immediately put her hair up in a bun.

Carl: Male, around 33 years old. He’s creative, logical-thinker, and seemingly heartless but not. Of all the other alters, he is the leader and is more of like a peacemaker. He’s brilliant too, but there’s something about him that he doesn’t want to share. Everything he says either has a meaning or is just profound. He’s been out thrice. And the last thing I remembered about him, he always smirks.

Unknown: Female, age unknown. She’s quiet, sad and helpless. She also loves the color blue and does nothing. It feels like she’s mourning for something, and, or experienced agony as seen in her eyes. She’s been out once. And I’m a bit scared of what she can bring. She’s totally hard to resist.

And lastly, the last personality is me.

Chris: Male, 19. I love reading books and watching sci-fi movies. I used to question whether I was one of the alters, and one of them was the host. Sometimes I still wonder about it.

Having this kind of disorder makes me think if I do deserve it, or if I do, what’s the purpose? To everyone out there who thinks that we aren’t normal, we do. It’s just that we live in a different path of normal life. The struggle is real. Taking up a lot of medicines hoping that one day, we will get better. And thrice a day, I attend sessions with my doctor, waiting that one day I will be back from my old self. But despite having this personality it made me realized that we need to appreciate little things. To seize every moment, and create memories with your loved ones. I may have 8 different personalities, but my heart remains one, and that what matters most. I’m far from over but, I will make sure that I will overcome this.

And that’s a lot of information about me already, and since it’s morning now, I need to bid my goodbye for now. Until next timbfdgaskderaslkjfkewqlacsafjvHELP!

April 14, 2020 12:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

28 comments

Elaina Wyrd
06:41 Apr 18, 2020

this was cool! feels like a part of something larger [eyes emoji]

Reply

Chris Dulatre
07:43 Apr 18, 2020

Thank you. Yasss, it actually has. I have already written the other parts of it but it is still on progress.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
SG Kubrak
16:56 Apr 23, 2020

Love the cliffhanger. Leaves you to wonder, which one is it, and how hard are they actually fighting for dominance.

Reply

Chris Dulatre
16:59 Apr 23, 2020

Yeah. I know right, that's why I ended it like that for readers to actually come up with an amazing plot for the story.

Reply

SG Kubrak
17:16 Apr 23, 2020

I do the same. Gets them emotionally involved. A “so what is in the suitcase anyway?” Kind of thing.

Reply

Chris Dulatre
17:29 Apr 23, 2020

yeah. i learned that engaging with the reader's way of thinking really helps a lot in creating a beautiful story. btw, I would love t read your other works.

Reply

SG Kubrak
14:45 Apr 24, 2020

Hi Chris, I have the 4 or so here, but also my author page has a bunch. I'd love for you to check it out and let me know what you think! http://www.sgkubrak.com

Reply

Chris Dulatre
15:03 Apr 24, 2020

Sure. I will get in touch with you once I finished reading them.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
07:42 Apr 23, 2020

Very interesting story that really brings awareness. my favourite part was when the narrator said he wasn't sure if he was an alter himself and that really got me. keep writing!

Reply

Chris Dulatre
07:55 Apr 23, 2020

Thank you for your kind words. I just really hope that people will get the message I was trying to convey.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Adrie Byman
19:04 Apr 20, 2020

Is this your first story?

Reply

Chris Dulatre
03:28 Apr 21, 2020

Yes, this is my first story here in reedsy. But i do have other stories and literary pieces online.

Reply

Adrie Byman
15:08 Apr 22, 2020

what websites? I would be interested in reading them... :)

Reply

Chris Dulatre
15:40 Apr 22, 2020

Thank you. There's this online platform for writers called Launchora. If you want to read my works you can find me there with the same name here.

Reply

Adrie Byman
15:20 Apr 23, 2020

great thanks ;)

Reply

Chris Dulatre
15:32 Apr 23, 2020

How bout you? I would be interested to read your works too.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Chris Dulatre
16:39 Apr 20, 2020

anyone noticed the mini cliffhanger? any thoughts about it?

Reply

Alexis Klein
15:45 Apr 21, 2020

I noticed but most of my stories are like that, so I actually enjoyed it

Reply

Chris Dulatre
16:34 Apr 21, 2020

Nice to hear that. Cliffhangers either makes or destroys a story. lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Blue Wanderlust
15:57 Apr 20, 2020

Your title calling out my name :) I love the lesson in the end of your story. It must be fun understanding the alter egos’ character through conversations or other clues.

Reply

Chris Dulatre
16:34 Apr 20, 2020

yasss.your name sounds really good. and i do actually love adding lessons to my stories for people to be inspired and somewhat understand reality. the story was actually inspired by a girl who had the same disorder. i just hope that she's okay now.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Very interesting idea! It read a little bit like a Wikipedia article, then an inventory list, but overall very enjoyable. (I liked the ending, as well!)

Reply

Chris Dulatre
15:11 Apr 20, 2020

it is more of a freestyle kind of writing that's why it looks like that. lol. and I'm still working on my strengths and weaknesses in writing. btw, thank you for the appreciation.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Adrie Byman
16:07 Apr 20, 2020

That was really interesting! Wow. I love the personality descriptions.

Reply

Chris Dulatre
16:37 Apr 20, 2020

Thank you! I made it like a diary-style for people to traverse the emotions that the character has. I'm glad that you loved it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.