2 comments

Adventure Friendship Happy

Me and my best friend Samantha, have been friends for as long as I can remember. If you ask me I'll say we were friends before we were even born. My mother tells me it's impossible that we were friends before our creation, but I don't agree with her. Me and Samantha do everything together, you hardly ever see one without the other. Samantha has lots of wonderful qualities wonderful things about her. She's not afraid to try anything and she's always following her dreams. I admire that about her I admire her she's my best friend. But there's one thing that I can't help it drives me crazy. Samantha will start a hobby, for example a few Summers back she started collecting leaves, But she knew why. She has so many of them, big ones small ones and ones with holes and so many different colors. She went and got the albums and placed each leaf in a different spot. She even arrange them from the smallest to the biggest and the lightest in the darkest. Shortly after buying the albums I saw Samantha throwing all the leaves away. I ran up and said "hey what are you doing, why you throwing your leaves away". Samantha turned around a little bit startled, "oh hi Amy I didn't see you there, I don't need them anymore. But Samantha you've been collecting them for months now and you have a real good collection of them so what's the sudden change. Well Amy you see, once I bought the photo albums and arrange all the leaves. I realized the albums can be used for a lot more. And I've always had a dream of being a photographer, so that's what I'm going to do. My new hobby is taking pictures making them beautiful and put them in my album. And hopefully I get so good at one day I'll get hired maybe even in Hollywood oh wanted to be a great Amy. Yes Samantha yes that would be wonderful. You sure do have a lot of inspiration. And you have a lot of determination I can tell by the way you're talking. I think this is it because it's the one. Amy what do you mean? What do you mean you think this is it, this is the one? Well I really don't want to say it you know you are my best friend right? Yes Amy but what does that have to do with this? You have had so many different hobbies, I think maybe your hobby was changing hobbies. Thankfully Samantha thought that's funny too we both sat there and laughed for a while and she said yeah you right Amy I sure do change a lot of hobbies. If you know why because there's so many wonderful things there's so many things I want to do that I just can't make up my mind. Well you do know that we're only 12, we still have a long time to figure out what we're going to do when we get older. Not really Amy you think about it. We're 12 that's only 8 years until we're 18. Once we're 18 we are on our own, living our life following our dreams. Look at this way say we do your hobbies for 6 months, that's two hobbies a year. There's eight years left and if we do to a year that's only 16 hobbies. how am I ever going to do everything and figure out which one is the one on one of the career. I don't know Samantha why don't you put them all together. I don't understand what you mean? I mean you've had so many hobbies you have so many different still, to me that means you're open-minded you're determined and you have willingness leadership. Why don't you be a manager? Are open a kids summer camp and have all your hobbies as stations. Humm Amy, I never thought about that that would be wonderful. And you give me my partner you can help me plan all the events and decorate the camps all this would be so great me and you going to a partnership. just thinking me and you to be together everyday like we are now oh wow it's a wonderful I can't wait to start. Samantha, are you forgetting something? No I don't think so, am I? You know that my dream is to travel around the world providing education to the children who do not get proper education. Oh yeah I remember you saying something about that, but I didn't think you were for real. I thought you were just talking rambly on like you normally do. I ain't even realize that you're actually serious. Yeah I know Samantha, that's the way it's always been. Well that's supposed to mean? Well everything you do, everything you want, everything you dream of, I support you and I stand by you. yeah I know that's what best friends do. You're right they do but I think you're forgetting that I'm your best friend too, and it would be nice everyone's in a while you support me in my hobbies instead of me always supporting you. Oh Amy that is so childish, you know I support you. I tell you how wonderful the hobby that would be how you should go for it maybe it'll work. Samantha you just don't get it, but that's okay I think it's really have eight years left, I should go pursue my dreams and hobbies while you go to yours on your own. You can feel the tension and you can cut it with a knife. Fine that's fine Amy, I don't need you anyways you're just holding me back from mine. I am going to be a photographer I am going to be in Hollywood, hope you make it at least to the local supermarket. Right that is the response I knew I would get, have a good life Samantha. Oh and a little word of advice get yourself a big old notepad and pen. Why why would I want that I'm going to be a photographer I need a camera. No I meant so you can write down all your hobbies you keep track of them. So when somebody asks you what your hobbies are you can tell them your hobbies are writing down hobbies, cuz you never fulfill any of your hobbies. You've had at least 20 in the last two years. Me myself I've had two, and one I'm still doing. Well we shall see in 8 years, who following their hobby and dream, good luck Amy, good looks Samantha.

The time went bby pretty quickly for both of them girls. They both are actively following their hobbies. Only seen each other through a passing by both throwing glares at each other and not one word spoken. Before we knew it 7 years have gone by. Last year high School both were on the way to graduate and start their careers. Amy had slightly changed her hobby, from teaching reading and writing, to being a journalist / writer herself. And Samantha was still doing her photography. Last year high school came around, and by chance are by faith the girls ended up in the same room in school. After nearly 7 years of not talking each other, they both forgot to spend the last year in high school in their room together. At first it was still very awkward, it would hardly talk and just glare At each other. Until the teacher put them together for a project. The teacher wanted all the students in class to combine their hobby with somebody else's and to see if it comes out to be something better together or by themselves. Neither of the girls new what the other one's hobby consisted of. But once they found out anything fall back in place like the seven years did not just pass them. Samantha was doing her photography of course, but it was of Amy. She had thousands and thousands of beautiful pictures of Amy and her everyday life. And Amy had written countless notebooks full of everything Samantha was doing. It just so happened Amy has something written for every single picture that Samantha had taken. Want to see both realize what the other one had they just paused, smiled at each other and gave the biggest inbrace ever. There it was Amy and Samantha the two Migos back together irreplaceable going to be separated. Once they realize what the other one has been doing they talk for hours and hours and hours, then they came out with a plan. They went to buy their hobby and open the business for themselves. Anyone call it hobby shabby or hobby jumpy. But finally they settled on, capture memories.

The girls are not sure how it's going to go, but they each put every single penny they saved into opening their business. They both have a lot to learn they both had go to college for business and whatever else they needed. about 4 years later when he graduated college they opened their business. And today 15 years later it is the most popular and earning the most money, out of any other business in their small town Johnsonville Tennessee.

January 29, 2021 19:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

David Harland
16:46 Feb 06, 2021

Nice twist at the end when we find out the girl's hobbies are each other! Well done.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Unknown User
07:36 Feb 05, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.