0 comments

Fantasy

It was a cold, dreary night as Ella lied there in a deep sleep, however I could not sleep knowing that tomorrow I would be promoted to chief of police.

I got out of bed and felt the crisp floor on my feet as I walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I look outside to see a light dust of snow on the front yard, but that wasn't the only thing I saw. I peered out and saw a figure. I couldn't make out exactly what it was, but it had given me the chills, like I had seen it before.

I didn't think much of it, I got the water then went back to bed.

I tossed and turned a bit before actually falling asleep. While I dreamed I experienced an uneasy feeling. My feet started to sweat, my torso began to feel a chill when...

My eyes opened. It was morning, the sun was out, it was a beautiful day. I turn over to kiss my wife good morning, but she wasn't there.

"Okay," I thought to myself, "Maybe she went to the gym. It's no big deal."

I look out the window to see if the mailman had come yet, but he had not 

"Odd, the mail is usually here by now," I thought that something was off. I just couldn't seem to step on it. Not yet at least…

I decide to make a pot of coffee for when Ella gets back from the gym, then I put a load of laundry into the washer. As I wait time I notice that barely any time has gone by since I had woken up. I couldn’t remember the exact time it was when I woke up, but I knew that it was around eight and it was only eight-twenty. 

I watched two episodes of “The Office," and I got up to change the laundry until I looked at the clock…

The clock read, Eight-Twenty. “This must be some mistake,” I thought to myself. I noticed the second hand had still been moving so how is it still eight-twenty?

I heard a bang outside so I ran out to see what it was, but there was nothing but snow. It seemed like it should be cold, but I didn’t feel the shiver of cold…

I stepped out onto the sidewalk to see if I could feel on my feet, but I still felt nothing. It was as if my whole body was numb to the cold. 

I look down and wonder why I was feeling nothing, why I felt as though I wasn’t living. I turn to go back inside and that’s when I realized… no footprints...no trace… nothing…

With confusion I tried to go back inside but I was being held back. First, it felt like a force holding me back. Then, all at once I was pulled to the ground and I heard all of these voices yelling. I noticed something strange in the voices however. They were voices from people in my life.

I look up and see the figure, I had once had seen the night before, holding me down. I try to yell, but the voices don’t stop, I tried to get up but the force was too strong, I tried breathing but even that was too much. Then everything went black….

I realised my reality was attacking me in my sleep now instead of just when I was awake… 





January 06, 2020 02:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.