1 comment

Science Fiction

Embla and Elk are a research couple. The couple worked in a genetic laboratory. The couple had devoted their entire lives to research did. Embla and Elk were married in a romantic relationship. Embla graduated with a degree in Biology and landed a job at the Genetic Research Institute. Embla graduated with a degree in Biology and landed a job at the Genetic Research Institute. She originally worked as a research assistant under a young scientist named Elk. Embla was a gifted student and her support for Elk 's research was overwhelming. Elk's goal was to find a pill that would prevent death. Elk's main hope was to find a pill that would prevent future death. While the two were working together, Elk fell in love with Embla. One day in the lab, Elk expressed his love for her. Embla initially rejected Elk's love, but in time Embla could not live without Elk. Embla looked at Elk from time to time. Elk recognized Embla's feelings and grabbed her hand. Embla hugged Elk saying I love you.

Embla and Elk, who were involved in research, also fell in love. The romance ended in marriage.

In the beginning the earth dreamed of an infinite future and created infinite forms in the hope that someone would succeed.

The flowering of Embla and Elk's research took place in 2050. He also received the Nobel Prize for his outstanding contribution to science.

These pills embraced the world. In general, as you know, "Phil" healed everything.

It blocked all the viruses known to man, it stopped the growth of cancer and yes, it even prevented natural death.

The pills did all this by freezing you at the cellular level and locking every cell in forever.

This chemical is made from a spider protein. This protein protects the body from all non-violent threats.

You can still die in a car accident, shooting or stabbing or other violent purposes, but you will never get cancer, viruses and old age. You will stay the same as the day you took the pill.

Technological advances were immense. Artificial plant cultivation using nanotechnology was successful.

Finally, out of this fertile ecosystem, life suddenly began to think. What could happen to the technological world that man has acquired

Because death stopped naturally, man became eternal. But car accidents increased. Natural disasters caused man to perish. Human activities also contributed to this.

Initially, it meant reducing rainforests and protecting species from extinction. But this was not enough, and man began to use the earth's freely available natural resources for millennia, especially the sun. The nucleus was abandoned even sooner. From the humble beginning, solar energy rose to cover the earth. Instead of rainforests, starving sunlight, endless solar farms, and gleaming panels were built around the earth's orbit around the sun.

But things were not going well. The human beast has always needed nourishment because it extends up and down. Other creatures on Earth slowly disappeared, disappearing by ship engines in the polluted ocean, dying from small nectar blowing among the flowers to large blue whales.

The production of artificial plants began. The trees were forged and planted, the animals were built and the earth was a little quieter. But, as in such things, the shortcomings took some time to appear, and eventually the trees withered and died, the animals could not mate and perish, and mankind was terrified.

Now armed with knowledge but still immature, scientific researchers turned to the biology of mankind and began to change things. Perhaps, these misguided people argued, if we cannot change our environment to help us survive, can we change ourselves to sustain our environment?

Of all the species, the tree is the longest-lived and least-needed. There is nothing to give to the barren earth either, but the sunlight shines for miles on its barren ground and the shining water beneath its black surface.

Thus, scientific researchers began to spread photosynthesis into human genes. They began to adapt to escape the consequences of the decisions of their previous generation. They claimed that mankind lived only in sunlight. .

 Embla and Elk were nearing old age. The devastating era was a dream for them.

Somewhere in the midst of this destruction, man realized that his future depended on the survival of the rest of the planet. Lodians began to evolve in the ocean. Lodians had human-like arms and legs. Lungs resembled human lungs. Some flew in the sky. No researchers were able to locate them.

Embla and Elk traveled to the beach to see these special creatures. They did not have the energy to launch any research on this. Embla and Elk went to the beach and looked at the winged lodge. How did such new species come into being? This puzzled them, too, as they were unable to do a genetic test.

 Embla waited for the sun to set on the beach. Embla loved the sunset the most. They both held hands like new lovers. They stayed on the beach until dawn. They watched the dark, crimson red light fall across the horizon as the world slipped into the night without words. Above, it felt like twinkling stars falling to the ground. It was both very cool. Embla lost consciousness. She rested her face on Elk's shoulder. Her body felt like it was being pulled up from the ground.

She heard my lover Elk's voice.

It only took a generation. Earth eventually abandoned them, depleted of food and fresh water, and no longer had resources. All but a handful of survivors who agreed to the biodiversity that allowed them to survive are rooted deep in this barren land to die from the dust of impotent seeds.

In that silent planet, these sentinels were the last, and one by one, they too slowly died. The water is poisonous to their roots and the dust in the sky makes them hungry for food and they wither to forget.

Thus, one unfortunate day, the last leaf fell from the last dying branch of the last sentinel on earth, and she closed her eyes for the last time.

Then the earth became silent.

The dust blew and the ocean became angry. Continents have been swept away and volcanoes have erupted, placing their burdens on planets. It all slipped into the ocean at the end and sank into its dark quiet depths.

Eventually, in these new primitive soups, the confusing element is combined in mysterious ways. The results of this confusion opened their eyes for the first time and the earth continued to be silent.

After all, life will not always be the same, but it will not always be the same life

April 21, 2021 16:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Amanda Fox
13:37 Apr 26, 2021

"In the beginning the earth dreamed of an infinite future" - this is such a beautiful piece of prose. Thank you for sharing!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.