How teenagers affects their parents peace.

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Funny High School

They finished their meal of fried rice and cow meat, decided that it would jell if they wash it down with malt drinks and some opted for smoke. It has somehow turned into scientific accepted fact that malts drinks were blood enhancing if peak milk were added to it. Not just any malt but those that were thick in nature. Whether that assertions came from the health sector or the work of industrial influencers, no one said. What the illiterate public believe is that, whatever is generally accepted in society has at least 70 percent truth in it. So, masses for months now had been consuming both products now as if it was running out of fashion and stock.

The products even went up a notch in prices since five months now. The only positive effect of the notion was that other companies that their products don’t meet the thickness requirement attached to the tale, reorganized themselves and thickened their products at reduced prices, and the forerunners had no choice but to retraced their prices. The masses were busy, drinking themselves into hospital wards and the producers and the doctors were smiling all the way to the banks.

They had for weeks now discussing with the others on how best to approach the teacher in question. the math teacher Mr. Ralph Igwe is a well known hard nut like the saying goes. He had been with the school before most of them entered the institution. Now most were in final year and the reputation of the man how he is Stingy son of a bitch with points has remained the same for six years.

So some of them that believed that they are capable of cracking that but of a bitch had been writing a petition letter to the school management without writing their names or signatures. No one from the management had ever raised the issues on the morning assembly as it had been the case or show any signs that any letter of the such has ever came near their office.

Few that has sense in them had believed that the reason behind the snub was that the petition was not signed, so, the management had believed that the petitioners are not serious; maybe, they were practicing the act of petition writing. So the five boys sat at the school canteen, speaking mostly in coded languages and, at the end of everything, one of them master John Okeke accepted the date offered him by his carpool.

The assignment was to approach the teacher Mr. Ralph Igwe in person and asked him about the rationale behind the hoarding of the assessment point meant for the students. They decided that it will be best to approach the teacher in the staffs room and use the opportunity to pass message across to the other teachers. It’s always intelligent to kill many birds with a stone they concluded.

Master John Okeke was even the best math students among the and most behaved too. Why he accepted the mission was what the management and other students could not comprehend later.

On the appointed day, he decided that Dutch courage has it’s own benefits and this mission was where it’s benefits are needed. He suddenly realized that he was not balanced inside as the goes. So he decided to visit the school canteen secretly before heading towards the staff room. He had on cue from his co-conspirators excused himself from the social studies lesson going on in his class on noticing that the mass teacher in the adjacent class has finished his lesson and were heading towards the staff room.

From the canteen, he entered the classroom or rather staggered into staffroom. He quietly approached the math teachers table and stammered:

“ Em, Mr. Math teacher, how are you to… today, I… I hope you and your family are smiling to…today”

“What happened master John?”

“Happened?, Nothing. I… I came to see you that… all.”

“Master John, you should be in your class receiving lesson now”

“ No, math teacher, I should be here talking to you”

“ Master John, we have… ..”

“ You what?, Mr. Math teacher I came here to find out what concerns you and us”

“ Us?, Who’s us?”

“ I don’t say horse, I said us. Is it only…. Math you know?, You don’t understand English?”

“Master John, I can see you are not yourself, we will continue this talk tomorrow”

“ No, tomorrow will turn to today. Infact, it was since three days now I been trying to speak to you”

“What is bothering you Master John?”

“E…. everything about you and how you operate”

“ Tell them about those everything and be …”

“ Be what?, I… came here to know how you have converting points into cash”

“ Points?, Which points and which Cash?”

Laughter

“ You see, now you don’t know which point and cash ah?”

“No Mr. John, I really don’t know. Tell me”

“ Mr. math teacher, if all these your colleagues here are all stupid, do you think that we students are stupid too?”

“ No, you’re all smart, and smart people always hit the nail on the head”

“ Yes, I will not only hit the nail on the head, but hammer it in well too”

“So master John, hammer the nail in fast please”

“ I am waiting for your reply on point and cash Mr. Math teacher”

“ I don’t understand the point and cash you’re talking about”

“Ok let me put it in another way Mr. Math teacher, why do you refused to award the students the point their efforts deserved, what are you doing with those points, don’t you know that low points translates to poor results?”

“ You have been performing well in your math master John, and I am sure you have been getting the points your efforts deserved”

“ Not only me, others too, why are you wasting the students efforts for nothing, are you a sadist?”

“ Master, you’re not minding your language and I can see you’re not the one speaking, I will like to see that lady managing the canteen, I can perceive she have been misusing the privilege granted her”

“ We are talking about points Mr. Math teacher, not canteen”

“Master John, I has to end this talk, go back to your class and join others. I has work to do”

“ I am not going anywhere and you’re not doing anything till you tell me how you convert point into cash”

Mr. Ralph started getting up and John pushed him back down. Other teachers got and descended on John for three minutes before the principal heard the shouting and rushed in to free him from them. The school driver was called and John taking to hospital while principal prepared a letter to be delivered to his parents.

May 15, 2021 10:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.