General: Every year one person is sent to the moon . This year though you hid terror ,it is your turn to enter the Rocket.

Submitted into Contest #52 in response to: Every year, one person is sent to the moon. This year, though you hid in terror, it is your turn to enter the rocket.... view prompt

2 comments

Science Fiction

Weekly Writing Prompts

Mr. Prince De-Grant Brempong

Tek.0575086991

Email; princedegrant32@gmail.com

Email: princedegrant37@gmail.com

Every year one person is sent to the moon. This year though you hid terror ,it is your turn to enter the Rocket.

Living in the United States of America, I was trained by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the science of Astronautics.

I was the only black fellow who was trained in the theory and practice of navigation through air or space. Also because I was trained to travel in a Spacecraft I became an Astronaut and well learned in the theory and practice of navigation through space.

I also had other friends who were Astronaut and studied along side with me. I was awarded with Masters in the Science of Astronautics so that I could

possibly work of becoming a very good Astronaut in the United States of America.

Almost every year one person is sent to the moon for Research purposes either to do his practical lessons or his internship with NASA a Space shuttle station.

Neil Armstrong is one of the Astronauts who inspired me to take the dream of becoming an Astronaut.

However, Neil Armstrong is one of the Astronaut who first visited the moon in the United States of America,through the Space Station NASA , by the help of a Space shuttle .

Even at the Space Station and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology pictures of Neil Armstrong and his colleagues were put in posters and placed on walls so that students and other new Astronauts will be inspired and have the passion in the study of Astronautical Science.

Almost every year one of my colleagues who pursued courses together with me in the field of Astronautical Science is sent to the moon to make new discoveries in the form of Research. Students are promised huge salaries and s stipend upon their return.

However, as an Astronaut the term period spent on the moon takes about two weeks ,where each Astronaut is promised a huge salary of one million dollars , including stipend and an allowance with an incentive.

Also travelling to the moon is always marvelous in our sight. This is because you are branded as a hero to the moon and liked by most especially other Astronauts and Television stations.

The media , including Television,Radio and the Newspaper can easily approach you and interview you about your new discoveries to the moon.

They will learn from you and try as much as possible to record a few of. your discoveries to the moon.

As an Astronaut some Radio and Television hosts will like to interview you on their shows, just to learn about your discoveries and your impact to the World at large.

Every year one person is sent to the moon for discoveries and Research but there have been records of Aliens on the moon. When ever colleagues Astronaut are to be sent to the moon ,a criteria is required before one is sent to the moon .

Among what the Space Station NASA , requires is the Name of the Astronaut,

Age of the Astronaut , Country of the Astronaut Marital status of the Astronaut and a Recommendation from a good Reference or Counselor.

Almost every Astronaut sent to the moon is an Adult with a Master's in Astronautical Science and married with at least three kids. It is believed that Astronauts do die easily especially when on the moon because it is very risky in times of chaos ,so that in their absence their children will inherit their wealth.

So it is believed that when an Astronaut meets all these requirements stipulated above he is recommended to a Space shuttle station to be flown on the moon.

However within this period he is left alone to float on the moon to carry on his Research. There are other instances that they meet other Astronauts from other Universities who are also on the moon for the same discovery and Research. My country have experienced instances of Eclipse of the moon.

Also because of the huge amount of millions of dollars promised to each Astronaut who goes to the moon including other incentives , Astronauts are always obliged to visit the moon in order to be rewarded with the money and also become heroes in their own country, earning for themselves fame and fortune.

America is a land of opportunity and plenty ,so whenever Astronauts realise such opportunities of visiting the moon to earn fame and fortune they are obliged to carry on the mandate , with the consent from their University,Institute,and family.

For about four years with the Institute , Massachusetts Institute of Technology as an Astronaut, I was not taken to the moon , just because I was black due to racism.

Also because most blacks are overwhelmed with fear and terror , they advice their kids not to visit the moon, because the President of the United States of America never visited the moon ,but he is wealthy with fame and power.

This year I experienced an overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety because I knew within the next couple of months I will be interviewed about my decision to make an expedition to the moon.

However it was my turn to enter the Rocket as an Astronaut, so that I will visit the moon and learn about new discoveries. I was so afraid, but after advices and motivation from my other colleagues who have been to the moon ,I decided to take up the mandate of visiting the moon with the aid of a Space shuttle or rocket.

I was placed in a Space shuttle , what the ignorant person calls it rocket and flown directly to the moon by the Space Station called NASA. My family was very scared but because of fame and fortune they accepted the offer.

I was flown to the moon as my first time and the first black man to visit NASA ,I was made to make new discoveries . Among some of my discoveries and Research which I made was that there are Aliens on the moon.

Yet still you could even marry an Alien on the moon and visit them once a year. However I realised that Aliens do fly on the moon and build houses on the moon , while we the Astronaut do float on the moon in our Space jacket.

I also discovered that people could marry Aliens on the moon and have kids ,but Aliens were classified as strange creatures.

It is believed that some of. the invention in America is brought up by the help of Aliens.

I was the first black Astronaut in America who brought to earth an Alien from the moon called Son of a bitch.

The name given by other Astronauts to the Alien because they looked ugly, stupid,irritating , and ridiculous.

After my return from the moon and other discoveries I was Interviewed

on both Radio and Television stations.

I had no other option but to allow my new Alien friend Son of a bitch to accompany me to some of. my interviews so that I could testify to people about my discoveries of visiting the moon.

The Alien Son of a bitch had a talent of ressurecting the dead ,he calls the dead sleeping beauty. This is because Aliens were powerful creatures who hardly die , claimed to be immortal.

Finally, I will conclude that my expedition to the moon brought me not only new discoveries but fame and fortune with a new immortal Alien friend Son of a bitch. I was paid the huge sum of one million dollars into my Bank Account which I used some to buy shares, Treasury bills, houses and land.

Some of my investment went into the purchase of cars and other Assets.

I had no other option but to inspire other Astronauts in visiting the moon to experience and have a feel of the expedition to the moon.

I gave other Astronauts my photo including T-shirts with my Autograph.

As an Astronaut , I was obliged to assist other new Astronauts in visiting the moon so that they will come out with their new discoveries and earn for themselves fame and fortune.

July 26, 2020 09:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Kevin Schenk
13:21 Aug 08, 2020

An interesting story Prince, but a slight bit repetitive in some aspects. You mention a few things more than once. Especially in regards to NASA. You mention aliens but what do they look like? How can they revive the dead? Why are they hated besides immortality? It is jealousy? The aspiration or motive of the astronaut is superficial, to me personally. The rewards that being an astronaut entails seem unrealistic. The prompt itself is that the protagonist is to hide, or trying to avoid going to the moon. In this case he doesn't even hide bu...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Elle Clark
15:00 Aug 01, 2020

An interesting story, well done!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.