0 comments

Fiction Adventure

“A Lost Friendship Found”


I, James, never imagined that my life would change so drastically in just one day. I was a regular guy living a regular life, until I stumbled upon a mysterious device that would take me on a journey through time.

It all started when I was walking through a flea market in search of some unique items to add to my collection. I came across a strange-looking object sitting on a table in a corner. The vendor told me it was a time machine, and I laughed it off, thinking it was a silly prank.

But something in my gut told me to give it a try, and the next thing I knew, I was being transported through time. The rush of adrenaline was indescribable. I couldn't believe what was happening to me.

My first stop was in the past, where I found myself in the middle of a historical event that I had only read about in textbooks. It was incredible to witness it with my own eyes.

As I traveled through time, I wasn't sure what to expect. But when I arrived at my first stop, I found myself standing in the middle of a bustling city. It took me a moment to realize that I had traveled back to the early 20th century, and that I was in the middle of an historical event that I had only read about in textbooks. It was incredible to witness it with my own eyes

I looked around in amazement, taking in the sights and sounds of the busy streets. But my attention was quickly drawn to a nearby crowd, which was gathered around a makeshift stage.

As I pushed my way through the throngs of people, I realized that I had stumbled upon one of the most iconic events of the time. It was the day that Winston Churchill was giving a speech to encourage and inspire the people of the United Kingdom.

The hand of Providence had brought me back to this moment in time! I had always admired this leader and his powerful words, and now I had the chance to witness him in person. The crowd was rapt with attention as the leader spoke, and I found myself getting caught up in the emotion of the moment.

It was a surreal experience, watching history unfold before my eyes. I felt like I was a part of something bigger than myself, something that would be remembered for generations to come.

As the speech came to an end, the crowd erupted into cheers and applause. I stood there for a moment, taking it all in.

As I stepped back into the time machine, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the experience. I had witnessed something truly special, and it was a moment that I would never forget.

And then all of a sudden in the flash of inspiration it dawned on me that I could make a change in my own life’s timeline. I remember the day that I made that decision, and instantly that moment I realized that perhaps now I could fix it!

When I arrived, I was confident. I saw the situation with fresh eyes and was able to make a different choice, one that would have a positive impact on my life. Could it be that my time travel had been a blessing in disguise, and It had given me the chance to right a wrong and create a better future for myself. If so, I will be grateful for every moment of it!

Thoughts were flashing through James mind. He thought about his original decision to ignore his friend Matthew and his plea for help in starting a new business. He had thought it was a risky venture and had advised his friend to abandon the idea. However, he later learned that Matt had gone ahead with the business anyway, and it had turned out to be a massive success, ultimately changing his friend's life for the better.

James realized that his decision had a significant impact on his friend's life and that he had made a mistake by not supporting him. He felt guilty and wished that he had given his friend the encouragement he needed to pursue his dreams. Mostly he did not like the gradual waining of their friendship. A friendship that had meant so much to both of them.

Where he was back to the moment when his friend had approached him with the business idea. This time, he listened carefully to his friend's proposal and saw the potential in the venture. He decided to fully support his friend and even invested some of his own money into the business. This time he was a real friend to his friend in need..

As a result of his new decision, and when James return back to the present day , he be held, the effects of his time travel. Matthew’s business took off, and he became wildly successful. James was thrilled to see the positive impact he had made, and he knew that his friend's success was due in part to his support. He was mostly happy with the idea that possibly he and his friend would be friends again even better than before and even better than he could have ever imagined!

James also found that his own life had changed as well. He had gained a new perspective on the value of taking risks and supporting those around him. He had learned that sometimes, the best way to help someone is to believe in them and to be there for them when they need it the most. Then suddenly in a sort of an epiphany moment in his spirit, and with a sigh of relief, he shouted out with uncontrollable joy, ”Matthew is my friend again!”

James does not use the time machine now to resolve his present problems. He uses it mostly to just have fun traveling with Matthew.

O, by the way, this is one of James’ favorite poems. He wanted me to share it with you.


“Time Traveler”


This is the story of my travel.

Don't pause even to marvel.

Time won't wait even for that.

Catch it. Ride it into tomorrow.


I am a time traveler in the now.

Never knowing quite how,

But that's all right with me.

In my ever changing reality. 


As a time traveler I have found.

This endless journey is profound.

A moment here, a moment there

Is an objective - subjective affair.


You may wonder what I mean

When I say, "I ride a sunbeam".

Find out for yourself, my friend.

Time is with you to the end.


Don't delay. Ride through time.

Join me. Let's travel together.

You take your path. I'll take mine.

Time traveling, the present, we will find. 


If we should meet some day,

You will know me by what I say.

"I see you, but I can't stay.

I am off to find you some other day".


Don't delay. Time beckons you. 

Your next reality could be better. 

The future awaits no matter what you do. 

It is all part of the elusive Whatever.


I am a time traveler in the now.

Never knowing quite how,

But that's all right with me.

In my ever changing reality.


April 03, 2023 16:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.