2 comments

Romance Drama

It's a certain station. A pretty girl just entered the ticket counter. She saw that there is a huge line of people in the counter. She was feeling sick as she just discharged from the hospital yesterday. She had an minor operation last week.

There was a man in the last of the line. She fervently requested him to book a ticket for her as she is not feeling well. She told him the destination and gave him the money for the ticket. He said her to sit in the bench. After few minutes, the man came to her and handed her the ticket.

The man: can I sit here?

The girl: sure.

The man: so what's your name, miss?

The girl: it's Tylor, and youryours?

The man: Mike.

Tylor: nice meeting you, Mike, and thanks for the help

Mike: nah!it's okay.

Tylor: ok then, Mike. My train is on the platform. Hope we meet again someday.

Tylor entered the platform and boarded her train. The train left the station after five minutes. Tylor got an window seat. Tylor was enjoying the scenes through the windows. She used to be blind,one and a half year ago. She faced an accident, 18 months ago, which tolled her eyesight. She knows, how does it feel to be blind. So now she enjoy everything she sees. In her compartment, there were five passengers. Amongst them, one was a little bit gloomy. He was sitting in a corner. In the next station, Tylor got an friendly companion. She addressed herself Alice. Alice was going one station further from Tylor's destination. Alice is friendly. That's why Tylor and Alice became good friends in a short time. Tylor told Alice about her journey. Today Tylor is going to meet her belovedbeloved, and the most strange thing in their relationship is that they never saw each other. Alice got curious.

Alice: it's quite interesting. How did you guys meet.

Tylor: I will tell you after drinking some water.

(After drinking water)

Tylor: so, we actually met each other when I was admitted in the hospital after the accident. His bed was situated besides mine. He also had an accident, by which he lost his eyesight and also got a crack in his one leg. We used to chat all day long, about our likes and dislikes. His voice really attracted me. I felt it has a unique charm in it. He is also a gifted person. He has the ability to describe a situation so perfectly, that I felt sometimes that I'm seeing it through my own eyes. We were there for one month in the hospital. Gradually I fell in love with him. But I never admitted this then. He used to do some poetry then. He told me some of his poems, and they were so good. After his eyes transplantation, he was shifted to a new ward. He couldn't even come to see me, as he had a fracture. I also had my transplantation after a week. I was eager to see him. But he already had discharged. He left a telephone number to a nurse and requested her to give that to me. After some days I discharged from the hospital. I came home after a long time. I was feeling like, I am being resurrected. After this, I got a new ability. That was the urge to feel everything through my eyes. After few days I contacted him, and for the 18 months since then we are talking on phone. It's now a habit to talk with him daily. We might know that we both love each other, but we never expressed itbto ourselves. But after all this, I couldn't hold my feelings and I told him everything that lielies in my heart. He got so emotional and cried. I also cried with him. After this, we decided to meet today.

Alice: it's wonderful. But if you couldn't find him attractive.

Tylor: That doesn't matter now. It's not about appearance. If you love someone with the bottom of heart, you will find him attractive anyways.

Alice: I am really fascinated.

Tylor: oh, that's my station. I have to go. See you.

Alice: Ok then, best of luck.

They are going to meet near the same hospital they were admitted to. His name is Nick. Nick is now a Bank manager in a certain bank. Tylor also established herself as a poet. She basically followed Nick's dream and she is some sort of famous now.

Tylor came to the destination first. She bought a news paper, dated October 7,1872. Tylor felt the mild environment of fall. She took her pad and started to write a new poem. She dived so deep into her work that she couldn't even feel that that someone is standing besides her for a little time. When she felt it, she looked at the person. It was that gloomy person in the train. But he is lookin a little bit happy now. He is an good looking guy.

Tylor: yes,how can I help you?

The guy: Actually, I'm a big fan of your poems, I haven't seen anyone to describe a situation so perfectly.

Tylor; Thanks, it means a lot to me. Actually I'm writing a new one now.

The guy: Can I sit here?

Tylor: Sure.

The guy: I have a book contains all of your poems. A certain publication Hall just published it.

Tylor: yes, but that's not published yet. Actually some special persons got this only. How did you get that?

The guy: yeah, one of them the special persons gave me.

Tylor:so, why are you here?

The guy:I'm here to meet that special person.

Tylor:what a coincidence, I'm also here to meet my special one. But I'm having a strange feeling that I've heard your voice somewhere.

The guy: you may have mistaken, mam.

Tylor: yeah, maybe.

The guy: you look a little bit worried.

Tylor:yeah, he's late.

The guy:maybe he is already her.

Tylor:what do you mean? You're so strange.

The guy:Forget it, it's nothing.

Tylor: so, what do you do?

The guy: I work in a bank.

Tylor: really, my beloved is also a bank manager. Oh! Sorry, I forgot to ask your name?

The guy handed him a card. There carved the name "Nick Walker". Tylor couldn't hold her anymore. She hugged him immediately and started crying in his arms.

Tylor: Why did you hide yourself till now.

Nick: When you were briefing our story on the train, I really felt that I'm grateful having you in my life.

Tylor: I really love you Nick, and I'm proud of that.

Nick: Now stop weeping and let's enjoy our first date.

Tylor: sure, Mr. Walker (giggles)

The sun is setting. Two lover walking on the beach, holding their hands. They got melted in each other's eyes. As the sun went down, they kissed passionately and let their souls be one.

July 09, 2020 13:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

14:22 Jul 09, 2020

Nice one....

Reply

Sahil Islam
15:57 Jul 09, 2020

Thanks

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.