2 comments

Funny Fantasy Drama

Context: This story was for a school assignment and the prompt was to put a twist on a classic fairy tale. See if you can guess which one this is based off of.

Please read part 1 & 2 first.

RECAP:

SCENE 10: IN FRONT OF THE ORPHANAGE

(Reporter and Cameraman climb out of the back of Lottie’s pickup truck)

Cameraman: Did you hear that? It sounded like Lottie screaming!!! I knew that call was suspicious! It was a trap to kidnap her!

Reporter: It's a good thing that we decided to hide in the back of the truck and stalk her!

Friday: (notices reporter and cameraman) HEY!!! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!?!

Monday: They literally just came out of the back of the truck, Friday.

Friday: Nobody asked you, stupid!

Monday: YOU’RE the stupid one! 

Friday: That’s exactly what a STUPID person would say!!!

Monday: Well it's not MY fault you have the IQ of a mailbox!

Friday: MEANIE!!! (steps on Monday’s foot)

Monday: OW!! (pushes Friday into a tree)

Friday: (slaps Monday)

(Friday and Monday start hitting each other while screaming insults)

Cameraman: (whispers) Now is our chance! Let’s sneak past those two while they are still distracted, go inside the orphanage and see if we can save Lottie!

Reporter: (whispers) Did you bring your camera, because I want you to take a video of me fighting off the bad guys and saving Lottie! Then I’ll put the footage on the news channel and GET FAMOUS!

Cameraman: (whispers) The fact that you learned how to fight from watching Kung Fu Panda makes me think that you won’t be able to fight them off. (mumbles) I'll record the footage of you failing miserably and post it online anyway. (turns on camera)

(Cameraman and Reporter sneak into orphanage)

Reporter: Welcome News 4 Now! We will be doing our new segment: “Florian Saves The Day” Where I beat up the bad guys with my epic combat skills!!

(sees Lottie tied to a chair) RELEASE LOTTIE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!!!

Sunday: Ugh, who let these hooligans in here? Monday and Friday are terrible at guarding the door. Tuesday, go tie these two up as well.

(Reporter waves around arms pathetically, screaming “HIYA”)

(Reporter and Cameraman get tied to chairs)

Reporter: I’d say I put up a good fight, don’t you think so too viewers? That’s the end of our segment for today!

Cameraman: Being tied up by a single 7 year old in less than 30 seconds is not putting up ‘a good fight.’

Reporter: SHHHHHHH!!! You’re ruining my reputation!!

Sunday: HEY! THEY HAVE A CAMERA!! (grabs camera from cameraman and turns it off)

-----RECAP OVER

Lottie: I must say that these 7 year olds have freakishly impressive fighting skills and are quite strong for their age, although they don’t look much different than most 7 year olds. Don’t you kids have anyone taking care of you?

Wednesday: There is this old lady who bosses us around. She went outside though.

(Old Lady walks into orphanage carrying some apples)

Old Lady: Oh my!!! What have you kids done to these poor visitors!! Why are they all tied Up?

Friday: Huh? But you’re the one who told us to-

(Monday elbows Friday to shut up.)

Old Lady: (unties Lottie, Cameraman, and Reporter) I’m so sorry about the kids, I don’t know what has gotten into them! Here, take an apple (gives an apple to Lottie)

Lottie: Oh you are too kind! I simply love apples, they’re my favorite! (eats apple) (faints)

Old Lady: (looks at reporter and cameraman) (smirks) Hah! I know you two! You are those peasants that came to my mansion this morning! (takes off old lady mask revealing that the Old Lady is actually Vanessa)

Cameraman: Aha! I knew you were up to something!!! (slowly pulls out phone and secretly starts recording)

Reporter: W-what did you d-do to Lottie?

Vanessa: I poisoned her and there is nothing you can do to stop me!! (evil laugh) She’ll die if she doesn’t get medical attention in the next 30 minutes!!

Cameraman: (mumbles) Well there is ONE thing I can do! (secretly sends the video of Vanessa saying she poisoned Lottie to the Newz 4 Now channel)

Vanessa: What did you say? I couldn’t quite hear you.

Cameraman: Oh you’ll see… just wait a few minutes.

(5 minutes later police come and arrest Vannessa and take Lottie to the hospital.)

SCENE 11: AT THE NEWZ 4 NOW HEADQUARTERS A FEW DAYS LATER (LUNCH BREAK)

Reporter: I can’t believe that I actually saved someone’s life!

Cameraman: I’m pretty sure the only reason Lottie survived was because of my quick thinking.

Reporter: No, I’m pretty sure it was my EPIC fighting skills.

Cameraman: (sarcastically) YeAh YoUr FiGhT WaS SoOoO ePic.

Reporter: (gloats) It was. 

Cameraman: Anyway, I just can’t believe that Vanessa tried to kill someone!

Reporter: SHE SHOULD BE PUNISHED!

Cameraman: She’s already in jail…

Reporter: SHE NEEDS A BIGGER PUNISHMENT!!

Cameraman: Wait, why are you getting so worked up over this?

Reporter: CUZ SHE DESERVES A PUNISHMENT!!!

Cameraman: Umm.. you’re scaring me.

Reporter: SHE IS SUCH A DISGRACE TO SOCIETY SHE DESERVES TO WEAR SHOES MADE OF BURNING HOT IRON AND DANCE UNTIL SHE MELTS INTO A PUDDLE OF REGRET!!!!!

Cameraman: That is so random I’m beginning to question your sanity.

Reporter: I was just trying to act heroic.

Cameraman: Well, you are doing a terrible job.

(Announcement that lunch break is over plays through speakers)

Reporter: Time for another interview with Lottie! She said she is going to bring some visitors with her for this one!

(Cameraman and Reporter go to recording studio)

SCENE 12: NEWZ 4 NOW RECORDING STUDIO

Reporter: Welcome back viewers! We will be interviewing Lottie White today. She is back from the hospital and here with us to tell her about her experiences!

Lottie: Thank you for inviting me! It is such a pleasure!

Reporter: So what was your reaction when you woke up in a hospital bed and the doctor told you were poisoned by Vanessa Queen?

Lottie: When I woke up in a hospital bed I was quite surprised, but mostly I was just hungry, so I ate some apple sauce.

Reporter: What about Vanessa? Any thoughts on her?

Lottie: Not really, I mean she gave me an apple for free, so I don’t really care.

Reporter: But it was poisoned…

Lottie: An apple is an apple. Same difference.

Reporter: Okay, what about the visitors you said that would bring with you?

Lottie: Oh yes! I’ll call them right now!

( Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday come inside )

Cameraman: Oh no, not again.

Reporter: Time for my NINJA SKILLZ (screams “HIYA” while waving arms pathetically)

Lottie: Don’t worry, they are the visitors I was talking about earlier.

Cameraman: Whew! I thought we were done for.

Sunday: You would have been, but Lottie said we can’t do that anymore.

Reporter: I see, so now you are taking orders from Lottie.

Lottie: Well, actually… what I’m going to say might sound totally insane, but I’m... I’m going to adopt all 7 of these kids!!

(GASP!!!!!)

Reporter: THAT IS SO RECKLESS BUT SO KIND AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Cameraman: Aww that’s so sweet of you… but you don’t even know where they came from, who they are, and what they were doing living in the middle of the forest.

Lottie: That’s exactly why I brought them here! So I can get to know them through an interview!!!

Reporter: Okay then! I love interviews! So kids, how did you survive in the forest on your own for so long?

Sunday: It's all thanks to Wednesday! Wednesday figured out how to make an inter-dimensional-whatchamacallit that shoots out anything we want.

Wednesday: HEY! That’s classified!! You can’t be giving away my inventions on public television, Sunday!!

Reporter: Wow! You kids seem like geniuses! Have you gone to school?

Friday: What’s school?

Monday: I think the Reporter is talking about the thing Wednesday tried to teach us once.

Sunday: Yeah, Wednesday tried to teach us how to read, but gave up when Tuesday insisted on ripping out each page after it was read instead of using a bookmark and Thursday straight up tried to eat the book to ‘gain its knowledge’ or whatever.

Reporter: Well, you’re in luck because Lottie will make sure you will get the best education possible! By the way, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday haven’t said a single 

word since they got here.

Sunday: Oh that’s because Saturday is really lazy. Saturday told me that talking takes too much effort. That’s the last thing I’ve heard Saturday say since last month. Tuesday is just shy and Thursday-

Thursday: I only talk when I’m hungry. Speaking of which, I’m hungry.

Lottie: Lucky for you I brought y’all some APPLE PIES!!!

Reporter: OH YESSSSS!!! PIEEEE!!!! That sums up our interview! Thank you for watching Newz 4 Now! We’ll be back after a commercial break!

(And they all ate pie happily ever after!)

July 06, 2023 19:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Mary Bendickson
21:37 Jul 06, 2023

🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧😏😂👍😁

Reply

- Lavendosaii -
06:19 Jul 07, 2023

:D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.