0 comments

Coming of Age Friendship Teens & Young Adult

It wasn't supposed to go like this, I wasn't supposed to be drunk and dancing around with strangers that I didn't know so close to them. The drinks were supposed to be non-alcoholic which I made sure happened, the amount of people coming into my party was limited but I didn't know how more than 25 people came causing every part of the house to be surrounded by people from the living room to the kitchen to the dining room to upstairs. I even made sure no one goes upstairs but guess what it went wrong somehow that even I don't know.

10 minutes later

Now here I am cleaning up the alcohol stench in my house. I am only 16 so basically I'm a minor and trust me I was expecting a clean party like how it would have been like when I was 10. But this was not the case and now I'm scrubbing all the spilt drinks on my carpet leaving stains that sometimes I wonder how people could be so clumsy. But then it hits me in the head that alcohol adverts your sense. I was washing every dishes that were scattered everywhere in the house because some people must have used my utensils when I specifically mentioned that as a rule. Argh this party did not go my way. I was supposed to be relaxing the next day instead of washing and cleaning the whole house and putting plastic cups and plates into a black rubbish bag. But some plates were stuck to the carpet and literally I wanted to puke but I control my urge to puke and just scrape the food of the carpet. I look at my clock to strike 4:30pm and I see I haven't made way to upstairs and my parents are due to come home in 2 hours. I quickly make sure everything is neat and then I go upstairs and see if everything is fine and thankfully I locked my parents room shut so when I open the door, everything is spectacular but when I make way to my brother's room that I forgot to lock, his books are all over the floor and his bed is in a mess with the smell of alcohol reeking in every part of his room plus his favourite pillow is cut open. Shit I was going to hear from him tomorrow and trust me I had to fix his room before my parents would rage at me. I quickly tidy his stuff up and take his favourite cut up pillow into my room. I go into the bathroom and I almost faint with the smell of vomit in the whole bathroom. I literally grab an old t-shirt from my room and place it in front of my nose and mouth with one hand while I clean the bathroom with the other.  I then go to my parents en suite and grab a bathroom freshener and place it in my bathroom. I liked the smell of the bathroom now and satisfied I spray my brothers room with air freshener so the alcohol smell leaves. I spray the air freshener so much to get rid of the alcohol smell, that half a can gets finished. I look at the clock and it shows 5:30pm and I sit on the couch in the living room but my head hurts so badly and my body craves for foods I never dreamed of eating it. I go to my bathroom only to puke out my breakfast from this morning. I know that I didn't eat a heavy breakfast so I just think it is since I was cleaning the whole day from the morning so I must be tired. I clean myself up and change into new clothes after taking a shower to be in time to greet my parents coming through the door.

1 hour later

My head was pounding and I couldn't manage to put food inside me since I was feeling sick and then all of a sudden I pass out. We arrive to a hospital and me with the doctor who says "Your pregnant Madison". It felt like the world just crashed in just a few minutes when she said that but when my parents heard this, they were completely baffled and was questioning like "Are you sure your talking about our daughter Madison?, She is only 16 and she can't be pregnant, If so then who is the other parent." I thought I was dreaming when I was in bed with just someone else shirt over me. But guess things really did happen and great now I have to deal with this. My parents look at me at disgust and shocked but I just shrug my shoulders meaning that it happened and now I have to deal with it as a consequence of a party that has gone terribly wrong. But now I need to figure out who the other parent was of my child. I know it was going to be hard since I couldn't just go up to every dude in my school and say "Did you come to my party on this (date) and did things with me that resulted me in becoming pregnant with your child?." It would look me so stupid and besides half the people would have either chose to walk away in disgust or the remaining have no courage to admit to an act like that. I sit in the backseat as my parents are yelling at me and phoning my brother in the car by my parents was something this led to. My brother was trying to calm down my parents and I was listening to all the lectures coming after me. I was just wishing for the nightmare to end and that is when I see our car has been hit very badly from the back. I turn my head and meet my eyes to 2 teenager boys and one of them looks away and I realise he is wearing a shirt that is very similar to the one I was woken up with.

To be continued...

May 09, 2021 05:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.