0 comments

Sad Funny Fiction

I wanted to stay home alone and it almost happened to become true until my sister became unwell, my Mum and Dad taking a leave to stay with her at home, my older brother flying from the military to stay with us for a couple of weeks. This was ruining all my plans of just staying home and enjoying eating popcorn while watching a horror movie with my blanket wrapped around me and the lights are off, plus me being able to sleep in and not wake up to the sun shining on my eyes at 8 in the morning. This is how my plan of staying home alone got disrupted but let me start from the beginning on how this turned into reality. 

*cough* I think I’m unwell *sneezes multiple times*. I look at my younger sister and my parents check her temperature which comes up with 41 degrees and that was a fever indeed. That just works brilliantly and I’m busy eating my cereal since it was my holiday from school. With my parents calling to their bosses that they won’t be attending office for a bit until my sister gets better and if I was sick, they would still send me to school just making me eat medicine and she gets to stay home. “Mum this isn’t fair since why does Alexia get to stay home every single time she gets sick and not me.” Rolling her eyes to the back of her head internally is what my Mum always tried to do whenever I started saying this and she would just continue doing whatever she was doing before I said this. “Argh this is unbelievable since I just wanted to be home alone on my one free holiday provided from school.” My dad sits down to eat breakfast and just gives me the sympathy look saying ‘I am really sorry about your day which is ruined’. Someone just passed me a school that is open today and I’ll go there if my plans are disrupted. *sneezes* *coughs* I’m sorry Ariana, can you pass me the box of tissues please Sis *sneezes*. I give Alexia her box of tissues and rush to go wash my hands in the bathroom when I hear my Mum talking to my older brother on the phone. With my hands gone red from the washing with soap and I dry my hands on the hand towel before coming to the living room and turning the t.v on. “Hey Ariana I’m sorry but can you please turn the t.v off since your sister needs to rest.” Just great since all everyone needs to care about is my younger sister. “Yea okay and thanks for ruining my day folks.” I leave the living room and head to my bedroom only to grab my laptop and watch my movie there before my Dad knocks on my room door. I pause the movie before answering to him “Yea Dad, anything you need?.” My Dad was surely one of the ones who cared about me a lot more than the others in my family. He sits on my bed and we decide to watch the movie together until my older brother decides to phone my Dad. “Hey Dad my flight is scheduled to arrive in 1 hour so please can you pick me up and I'll be staying with everyone for a couple of weeks. Plus Mum told me that Alexia is unwell so I was intending to come 3 weeks later but decided to come earlier.” He cuts the phone line and my Dad makes way to the airport and I phone my best friend Aundrey “Hey Aundrey are you home alone?.” She has a lot of background noises and I can assume that she is outside with a lot of people. “No Ariana , I’m with my cousins and we are outside having a blast.” She sounded like she was having fun and I didn’t want to ruin her moment so I cut the phone after saying bye and had fun. I throw my phone at my favourite pillow and it lands perfectly and I stare up at the ceiling while laying on my bed.  *ring* *ring* *ring*  I let my phone ring constantly and I’m not even bothered to check who it is since I am not interested at the moment to check who it is when my plans are being disrupted. I close my eyes to sleep when I’m awoken by my Mum cooking in the kitchen and her aromas flooding into my open room which makes me unable to sleep. This was turning out to be a nightmare rather than my fantasy I planned off. *knock* *knock* *knock* *knock* “Ariana, can you go get the door for me?” I unwillingly go to attend the door and there my older brother Adrien is standing with my Dad. He hugs me super tightly before entering the house after removing his shoes and my Dad left to carry his duffel bag. I never know how my brother manages to carry all his stuff in a duffel bag since I wouldn’t be able to. I close the door after my Dad enters and we both go into the living room where my older brother turns on the t.v to watch a movie that wakes up my younger sister from her sleep. “Hey Alexia, what is my favourite sister doing in the whole wide world.” I was becoming enraged on how this day was turning out and I wanted to throw the remote at the t.v but instead I just drilled my nails into my palms which hurt slightly and a tiny bit of blood came out. Not too much to make me faint but enough to be sore for a long time. “She is doing better. Adrien and Ariana had a school day off but Alexia fell sick so me and your Dad put her on sick leave and we are working from home.” I really just wanted to be home alone but oh well guess I would have to wait for another time.

July 26, 2021 09:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.