Salvaging my summer trip

Submitted into Contest #99 in response to: Write a story about characters going on a summer road trip.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Mystery Speculative

Plan Your Summer Vacation | Smart About Money


"I have done with the packing pieces of baggage, now it needs to put in the car," I said to myself with a sigh of relief. summer solstice may bring some peace than ecstasy I need this summer trip to run away from all the chaos upheaval life it was going from the past year. Nothing was running into my mind just a long drive and my travel of endless thoughts some tangled with complexity and some were vague just result of overthinking. I went to the kitchen to brew some coffee and thought to call my sister. The phone kept on ringing and later disconnected itself. My kids Guilia and Albert were more excited than me about taking this summer trip as a break from studies and online classes which now have become as mundane. Sandy my hubby loves driving his range rover, winding into the terrains, his ecstasy was more than kids.

Well! having coffee all by myself and waiting eagerly to let the luggage get loaded and set up for our trip.

I saw Sandy joyously talking on the phone with his friends and waved me from a distance and directed me all is been checked, I affirmed with eyes. I called Guilia and Albert to come downstairs and pick only a single toy to carry along with them. They both were raving loud, reluctant to sit on either side of the car, Sandy was talking on the phone and the housekeeper was helping in putting in the luggage. I asked Sandy to put off the phone settle the kids as the kids are behaving nuisance. Sandy remained on phoned just by a gesture he made the kids settle and begin the trip. I felt like revving up the conversation but that longed phone call was not coming to stop. I put on my earphone and settle myself. At last, Sandy got some time free from his phone and joined me. I asked who is it you were talking so revved up."well! Riza held me talking and was not in the mood to let me put down the phone" Sandy said it so carelessly. I was bewildered, with a crossed note I refute "what for the heck she was in the mood with you!" I don't know much about Riza and Sandy terms so I got inquisitive"What is crossing her mind with your trip!"

Sandy apologetically looked at me and try to explicit again the phone ping and I switched to my uncanny challenging raged faced that he dare take the call. And sandy left with no choice declined the call and continued to please me.

kids fell asleep so we got some romantic moments we hold each other hand, like this moment I was yearning to be with him, just Sandy and I. This space of mind where the moment holds you and travels back you to your youthful days I were in my utopia with Sandy.

Sandy drives like roads are made for him to ride and makes everyone's journey memorable. I like midway stopovers to refresh and kids get their shopping spree with no purpose but do shopping on impulse, only, when we go out for travelling, I too enjoy that little window shopping. I wonder Sandy purchased a handbag when I am not around but I got a sneak view, it elated me that the wonderful surprise is on my way. Kids were happily taking their purchases. I thought to surprise sandy too I bought his favourites colognes.

After taking that long break from driving we proceed towards our destination, Sandy had already reserved a hotel stay for us and we were fairly to reach.

The hotel was a palace we got a suite and the kids got their separate room for the stay. My most enthralling trip to which I was expecting into peace than ecstasy, actually it elicits ecstasy.

I made kids settle in their room, now was excited for the moment to happened and gift his favourite colognes. I had fully made up my mind to pretend and take his gift as a stupendous surprise. As I stepped into the room the handbag was openly over the bed and Sandy was on AirPods taking his office calls so I romantically flung sat over him and gestured him towards the handbag, "It's for me!" I whispered to him, Sandy very casually nodded no and pointed to AirPods, I thought to quiet and waited for his call to get to end.

I went to the room bathroom took a warm shower dressed exotically to seduce him. As I came out of the bathroom I saw Riza in my room, I didn't understand how to take this moment as embarrassing or bolstering my mind off. Sandy handed her handbag and offered her to stay but Riza had her planned, she already had reserved Sandy for a night out, "Who is she to take your decision in my life, just f**k her out right now!" I was battling in my mind, I remained poise kept the bustling of mind in there.

Sandy sought my permission and that shameless Riza looking into my eyes and falsely persuaded me to join despite knowingly of kids to look after. For one sec I thought to make up my mind and Sandy face was worth looking at that sudden delight vanished, I refused and prefer to stay with the kids. but my mind was running horse and all that erotic thoughts shifted on Riza and Sandy making out. I felt to call off the trip and take a quick refuge to sweet home from where I needed a break, and here I was salvaging my break up.

that night became so long than a day, tears welled up and wet the pillow and I dozed off. The morning room bell rang the housekeeping served bed tea and asked for the kid's order I looked at the bed Sandy was not around, with a heavy heart I placed some ordered for kids to get refresh and get ready for breakfast. the other day too went in waiting but Sandy was around until it gets dark and we again retired to our room for the night to get over.

Riza and Sandy I still don't know their plans. Sandy with not much consideration, no noticed of my presence affected kissed my forehead fall asleep. I felt to call off this trip took my kids along with me. But This Trip was as much needed for kids as well I stayed there. My trip remained packed. Trips happen for kids and Sandy business exposures only.



June 22, 2021 18:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.