0 comments

Fantasy Science Fiction

"I'm going Xommy!" and I stormed away, blocking the capture ball she hurled at me in desperation.


I found it unfair,UNFAIR that she still babies me, calls me her babex when I'm an adult, sixteen for Xianthe's sake, not six.


So, a couple of months ago, I had stumbled across Xad's All Knowing Crystal Ball which was focused purely on a planet called 'Earth,' a couple of light years away. I had stared open mouthed at the number of creatures scurrying there like little ants.There were also giant colourful bugs eating them up as they moved but the creatures seemed fine inside. I found all of it confusing, bewildering but wonderfully fascinating.


However, after researching, I learnt that the bugs were actually something called 'cars' which the 'humans' used for transportation. Hmm... Smart creatures they are.


But the fiasco started when the the creatures called 'women,' with long threads on their head and tiny bodies attracted me. The one's called 'men' who had bristles on their faces did not attract me much. But I did wonder whether those bristles were some self mechanism.


I guess I was wrong as I saw a woman rubbing her mouth against a man. I couldn't understand what that action meant though.


Soon, after seeing this a number of times, I learnt that it's a human love language called 'kissing.' Much better than the tentacle locking we do here.Now, whenever my xister, whom I'm supposed to mate with extended her tentacles towards me, I swatted them away. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅.


Day by day, my desperation grew. I refused to mate with Xiana, infuriating my entire family. But how could I? I just kept on staring at my reflection, despairing at my gigantic frame, bluish complexion, the four tentacles on either side of my torso. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆...


The longing kept on eating me from within. And the situation had become critical with me turning sixteen. I was officially an adult who was supposed to shoulder responsibilities, mate and contribute to my planet, Xixaxioxin. But,I spent day after day glued to the crystal ball, learning all that I could about them, including their language.


Here too, I was flummoxed as they had thousands of different ones. So, I wisely chose the most popular, 'English.' It was maddening. I couldn't understand why 'tea' was not simply spelled as 't.'Despite that, I so badly wanted to be a part of their world that I began to work harder than ever on my lousy transformation skills too. 


Ofcourse, my trials were embarrassing, even to myself. I concentrated hard on a man seated in a car. I tried to focus on him, his bristles and bald head but my disobedient mind was more fascinated with the mechanism of his car.As a result, my torso half heartedly resembled a mini car. I panicked, swayed around for a good five minutes before I returned to my original form,almost passing out in fear.


Then came in another problem: I knew that an attractive man would be more desirable (the same rules apply everywhere it seems), but I had no idea what constituted an attractive man on Earth. In Xixaxioxin, the longer the tentacles, the bigger the body and the darker the shade, the more macho we are considered.


My brain came up with a brilliant idea to combat this. To find out some desirable men on Earth and transform myself into one of them. I chose someone called 'Justin Bieber.' Looked pretty washed out and grumpy to me but someone called 'The Rock' seemed oddly out of proportion. Meanwhile, 'Kim Taehyung' confused me as to whether he's a man or a woman with short threads. So I stuck to Justin Bieber as he seemed to be the safest choice.


I concentrated on him, his golden threads and little bristles but again, my mind strayed to his wife called something like 'Hooley Bieber.' This time, my torso remained as it is but my lower body turned into her legs. The stick thin legs were unable to support my weight.I tottered around and fell with an exploding crash.


I kept on trying though and after multiple attempts, I perfected his look. The only thing I lacked was the inspiration to land on Earth and get kissed. Ironically, Xiana provided me with that.


I compared her with the women. There was a time when I used to think she was pretty and was proud to be her brothex, but not any more. She disgusted me with her slimy tentacles and her writhing crop of wrigglers on her head. 𝑶𝒉 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒌𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 '𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓'?𝑺𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆,𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒘 𝒊𝒏 𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒂𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒏.


What made it worse was Xiana's obstinate refusal to accept that something was amiss. She continued to approach me, making silly faces, trying her best to tempt me. I kept ignoring her, much to her frustration.


However, her tactics started getting worse. Once, she stroked me under the table while we were dining. I jumped and dropped my sandcake, while being ticked off by Xommy for being so clumsy. It was my favourite cake, with wet mud cream and sprinkled pebbles on top. I glared at her but she grinned at me lasciviously, clearly misunderstanding my leap which she probably felt was due to lust, not anger.


Ofcourse, I made a gigantic mistake of not asking her directly to back off as she barged in my cabin and saw me without my sheath. I scrambled to get it on but she laughed and extended her tentacles towards me. I noticed that she had decorated them with red beads and the contrast of blue and red was a complete eyesore.


"GET THE SWINX OUT OF HERE!" I bellowed.

"You mean come closer?" Xiana whispered.

"OUT! FOR XIANTHE'S SAKE! OUT!" I was so indignant that I became hoarse.

"Don't be silly Xinny, I know you want me. Playing hard to get to drive your poor xister nuts? Must say its working." She smiled, her wrigglers now swaying in a rhythmic trance.

"Not playing hard..." My voice started to die out.


Xiana slowly stepped out of her sheath. Her body was performing the mating dance, her tentacles doing little waves as they reached out for mine.I had had enough.


I lashed mine at her. She pulled back, shocked to the core.


" Xinny? You aren't serious, are you?"

"I AM... GET OUT, NOW!" My voice was back. 


Xiana started heaving. 


"You. Can't. Just. Humiliate. Me. Like. This. How. Dare. You?" She paused between each word. 


"I dare." 

And like the idiot I am, I turned my back to her.


"EXTENDIX!"she shouted and her tentacles lengthened, ready to choke me. 

" DEFENCIX! " I shouted back. Immediately my shield turned into a razor sharp plank. 


Xiana's tentacles were severed right in the middle, the pieces dancing on their own. 

She screamed. So loud that Xommy came gliding as fast as she could. 


"What's happening?" she hissed, trying to take it all in. 

"He... Severed... My..." Xiana tried to say. 

"She attacked me first Xommy! I just defended myself." I interrupted. 


Xommy did not say anything. 

"Combinex," she whispered and tapped the tentacle pieces with her own. They instantly attached themselves back to Xiana. 


"Why did all this happen?" she finally asked. 

"He attacked me," Xiana accused. 

I had a savage desire to chop them off again. 

"She forced herself on me. I protected myself," I spluttered. 

"You are supposed to mate with her, aren't you?" Xommy quietly asked. 


She was taking Xiana's side! I became angrier than before. 


"I WON'T! SHE'S SO BREATHTAKINGLY UGLY... I'M GOING TO EARTH FOR A MATE!" I yelled. 

"Earth? You mean those pesky humans I can crush in a teeny tiny moment?" and she gave a smile. Xiana meanwhile laughed throatily. 

"You aren't taking me seriously, are you?" I politely asked. 

"Ofcourse not Xinny!" Xommy laughed too. "You are too young to teleport yourself to any planet," she continued. 


We stared into each other's eyes. With a start, she realised that I was serious. 


"No." Xommy's eyes darkened in warning. 

"I'm going Xommy!" and I stormed away, blocking the capture ball she hurled at me in desperation. 


I did not have much time. I entered an empty cabin, took a deep breath, fixed my mind on the chosen picture of Justin Bieber and transformed myself. I gave a hasty check. 


𝒀𝒆𝒔,𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐.𝑴𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆.𝑾𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒇𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈.𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆.


"Teleportex," I whispered, now concentrating on a place called 'New York.' These humans have downright weird names. 


I felt myself spinning for a good minute and I landed slap bang on Earth in New York or at least that is what I thought. I was right in the middle of a place they called a square but there were no humans, not a single one of them.


Looking around desperately, I did not find a face that looked human-like.Instead, I saw a crowd of unfamiliar creatures shrieking and dancing. They did not even seem to be the same SPECIES! Definitely this is a wrong planet! 𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝑿𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒚... 𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒆,𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒎𝒆...


 One was a huge rodent, another a moving piece of cheese. But no, the rodent was not eating it. They were instead having the best time of their lives. I saw moving candies too. Then another looked like a mummy. He was chasing two screaming dwarves but none where even trying to protect them. What demonic planet have I landed in?


I couldn't let those dwarves get killed. So, I ran after them desperately but collided with the most horrific looking monsters. They had scary pumpkin faces.


"Yoo mate, it's Justin Beybeaa!" one of them shouted.𝑰𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐?

"Dang, yes!" Another pumpkin head screeched.


Meanwhile I ran, not bothering to explain anything. The mummy had cornered the two dwarfs.


"Xeaxe xem xaoxne!" I shouted. Too late, I realised that I had blurted out in Xixaxionish.


"Holy fuck, it's Justin!" The mummy 𝒖𝒏𝒘𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 his face.His eyes wide in excitement. 𝑾𝒂𝒊𝒕,𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏...𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈?𝑰𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌?


" Why are you attacking these poor dwarves?"I demanded in a loud voice. 


He looked at me quizzically, as if checking whether I'm sane or not. 


" Are you alright? They aren't dwarves.These two are my little brothers. It's Halloween. I was just having a laugh,"he doubtfully said. 


" Halloween? "I echoed. I did not have the faintest idea what that meant. 


"Halloweeeeen"


I blinked at him like the most prize worthy idiot. 


Suddenly, I heard a roar. Different creatures of every shape, size, thing and colour were rushing towards us. 


"JUSTIN!" 

"Ommagawd, it's Justin!" 

"An autograph please, please Justin!" 

"A selfie!" 

"Do you still love Selena, Justin?" 

"Is Hailey really pregnant!" 

"Hailey's tryna be Selena!" 

"Justin look here. HERE!" 

"Smile Justin!" 

"Your biggest fan, Justin!" 


The throng of people clawed at me. I was tossed around like a feather. There were lights flashing everywhere. People shoving, pulling and pushing each other to grab me. 


I blinked back tears of terror. I looked around widely for an escape route but I was surrounded. Out of nowhere,a vampiress flung herself at me, embracing me fiercely. 


"Leave me alone..." I tried to shout but she kissed me hard. It was almost painful, not pleasurable at all. If this was kissing, then it was horrible. 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓...𝑰 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒂.


"It's my turn now!"

"No mine!" 

"Mine, it's mine!"


Vampiresses, fairies, mermaids, and other indescribable creatures started a squabble as to who would kiss me next. 


Meanwhile others were shouting and hollering, enjoying the scene,recording it. 


Somehow, I broke free and ran like hell,the crowd following me. Here I was, desperate, with no idea which planet I am currently in. 


"Justin... STAPHHH!" 


 I had no other option. Right in front of them, I closed my eyes.


"Teleportex!" and I was back in my own lovely Xixaxioxin, hungry for Xiana. I had missed her so much in that mad planet. 


𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚.𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒂,𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒙𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒎 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔.

     ~~~~~~~

 Justin's phone was ringing like crazy. He picked it up. 


"What's going on man?Have you lost your mind? What were you doing outside on Halloween and how the fuck did you disappear?" A voice barked at him frantically. 


"The fuck? I'm at home with Hailey." 

"You were in Times Square and then you disappeared like a magician. How did this happen Justin?" 

"I swear that wasn't me!I'm at home.Ask Hailey if you want." 

He was terrified. 


Justin checked the news. He saw his doppelgänger shouting something incomprehensibly and then disappear into thin air.


He fainted.


The search for Justin's mysterious doppelgänger is still on.

August 08, 2023 09:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.