One rainy night

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic thriller.... view prompt

0 comments

Thriller Mystery

When I wake up in morning my wife wishes  me...”happy wedding anniversary day.”

It occurred at 29 August night.the day of morning brought up with heavy rains fall.my wife congrats me about our first anniversary.she presents me as a kiss on mouth.I get bathed.I am late already.I have to catch 9.30 thane and wife reminds me something miss.I fumbled my purse but everything oK. I  remember to give her return gift as kiss on lips.I hurried to catch train's .Road was incircled with dirt and water.reached to station fully jammed with people waiting for train.train on platform already run late seen.

Since two day rain had been poured.it raining cats and dogs;  brought city it's knee.”people left home for work, not left hope for return home”

Helping hand become God gift from people, volunter, and social worker get into work to help people who stuck into gutter dwelling and low-lying area  .rains news flashed on tv channel.people waded their way to knee-deep and waist high water.

Rains water encircle into low-lying   slum area.had drill holes in their wall's to allow  water  to flow out.drained water free home.

Chowky, shops, roads, street,subway, Sublane residential areas, restaurant, industrial ares all choke up by water.to drill it dewatering,bmc installed water soaking machine or sucking machine in every gutter hopes.pumps deployed everywhere seen encircle by red Signal marks.traffic depart stopped all function in city.orders traffick police to decrowd and transport system.transport line stuck jammed.street and stranded people being rehabilitate.

That day my first wedding  anniversary fall into  happening as well.That morning as usual, reached late to office.that day our marriage annivery was to be being celebrated.my wife that day prepared and make tidy home to invite our relative's and neigbour People.

My  boss was watching the live feed and news on tv he, ordered half day leave office staff.rain took strong force.he gushed forcefully everywhere.train'run late scheduled time.my first marriage anniversary being  happening that day.

In such dual situation I fall into.I stuck into platform.platform fully added with traveller and daily traveller.no space to move  in and out. everyone hurried to reach home.also I request to god  help me to reach home.but fruitless trying is waste of time.

Due to heavy rainfall and my anniversary marriage date fall into same date.my wife called me.received her Call .her voice was breaking in between.and suddenly call cut.network went unavailable.

Wife made preparation for me,first marriage “night.she decorated bed with careful and fine design memory.she wanted to feel same as first marriage night.two married couple meet each other get feeling.come close hug each other kisses each other touch caressing each other forplaying “…….I lost in old memories.

In between my old close friend meet me at crowdy platform.he asked me over to his home tonight.we decided spend night at their  house near station areas. I sent msg to my wife.I said sorry for  could not come to home tonight due to heavy rain made railway line stop.she wailed .understood .but day will be pass by but night will very hard to pass by…..she spoke a word on phone….she spun in her mind.

She reminded  “to get touch with me”

Once again she wish me “happy marriage anniversary”

Her voice grew serious and took sobbing mood  as mobile battery signalled low charging arrow.she melted into old memory.

The cracking sound of heavy rain made irritating her.two couple reunited in heaven.she was lonely in house.lighting sound made her fear.drops of rains dripping through wall and pic.drops of water oozed over her body.rain water leaked through

Hose roof.seeped through Waall.oozed over her body made a tingling sensation  of nearing her husband.forced air feel of husband hand.she could not sleep lonely since marriage.she could not sleep without her husband .mobile saved for company  her loneliness.she could share her feeling over it.she could not talk with me.for few minute she feel safe fearfree.but how pass by night.how. to move without husband company's.she could not passed y night.she tried hard to sleep.but she failed.tried to close d to eyes to but fruitless try.her memories enabled her to pass way .

My wife had not idea of my drinks.Meanwhile, my friend brought alcohol bottle and some complementary snacks.they celebrated our marriage ceremony by drinking wine and made pack's over pack's.both dranks drops upon and cheered upon life of long life ..clicked glass whole night.I  got intoxicated.wine inter into my  head .I lose my control, it  got  over my nerve and  feeling dizzy.it made feeling of my close wife near as alcohol penetrate into body I feel my wife near.when  sipped drops upon drops, touch of glass sound of  wife closeness. .Rains forcefully dashed way everything..even my and her precious moment.rains overlapped night.I  could not sleep without wife since marriage.but I  could not do anything but wait for rains stop till morning train run in time….I  narrated to.friend. …

I drank like a fish and said:

“My wife very sensetive and a  heart of glass.”

Our marriage first anniversary today, I must to accompany her,I must with wife ...but how unlucky am I ! .!!nature hold up our meeting.

‘I must in her union,in her hug in her embrace,

“But destiny has written different in both head.”

“Lighting and rains reunited today”

But our unification being separated.

So , in such moment celebrate you anniversary 

How can it possible ?

“Rains derailed life”

“Make this moment enjoy

Use it as weapon not weakness”...friend said

“It's not easy myself... friend ..not easy” 

.(.wine got hold over his nervous system.)

‘My wife is waiting for me, I must go,anyhow.

She would make prepartion for marriage anniversary.

How can you reach home .in such condition railway line and buses all transport services stuck in road.no train run on track, buses taxi not to be seen on road running.

“Relax, My friend have enjoy your precious time tonight with wine, drink it in,drink it in!

Celebrate the moments of your life,

Raise the glass to your bless anniversary

He made another Pack for me.I  drank once again.my wife called me on phone and I soothed her mind by receiving call.she said me  that she wore green Saree,she looked more beautiful and attractive ,she wanted me to close to prim her to touch her Saree feel.in such get up she dressed up in  tradditional wear..she wore up payal ankle ringlet.I  heard and sensed sound of clicking her bangle over phone and Already I  get experienced of same  sound.I remembers first night when she ffirst time wore ankle and I  heard sound of it like melody .clicking and foreplay night with my wife joking and chatting and I  remembers and lost into old memberis….I  said to her “ wish may be   with you now”

My  friend made another Pack for me .alcohol got hold over My nerves and brain.I  got into intxicating mood.

If I may be today with My wife, how did night pass beutifully?...you don't know ..you can t imagine..my friend ..because you are unmarried .you don't know whait is celetial love is !

“Purity is love of marriage.

Real love is not in heart but in spend in loneliness...my friend”.....I said

“Real love is get experienced in seperation”…..I said.

“The best thing one can do in such condition is when It's raining to let it rain.let the rain kiss you let the rains beat upon your head with silver liquid drops” friend said philosophical thought.

“Life is short, a couple of jokes”..and nothing less my friend nothing more .have enjoy this moment more cheerful!!!

“Life is full of beauty.notice it, notice the humble bee.the small child , the smilling faces smell the rain,feel the wind live your life to the fullest potential.add light for your dreams”…..friend said to to me.

For a few minute, I deeply in thought.said to my in jerking  mood.

‘Meeting made in heaven, our heaven precious meeting,two couple meet in each other in heaven,going to meet second time “

“you don't know how I do far love my wife”

I spend my night with this second wife of wine “

“What is different between wife and wine?”

Wife and wine starts from same alphabet word. ‘ w’ and ends. Withe same ‘e’ ...How similarity happens between two word each other word...it's miracle or coicidence we call it,one give company in danger time and lonely seclution time.one soothe life every day.wife doses love and wine Pack dregs of drought: into lust of world of duccca,trushna sadness unhappiness .wife help us in time of legally friend who divert us from fall into love into love of wine..force is abstain from it..why drinker like wine in case of loneliness.

One help to forget and one help to remember things”.........I said.

Neighbour door being closed.her nervousness took over face.her voice as conversation tripped a long time, mobile battery getting run out.her childlike behaviour. ...to ward off  insect, dashing force, jerking window pane,she get scared of insects in room rambling all around room.mean while light went off.power curt off.dark hoverrd over room.lighting struck.cloud floating, rain dashing over roofs.lights flashes, dashed all over door.she was lonely creature in room.

Her contact with husband disconnected due to mobile battery run out.she fumbled and forward in dark to find candle near window side.in dim flash of lighting she found it.she struck match and burnt candle.flames of candle made her comfort.she made her way toward her marriage album photo.she fingering her hand over cover.flapped page one by one and lost into old membered, she dreamed,.rolled and reeled before eye ;her eye grew dark circle hovering over,....she dreamed and sleep deeply,in deep sleep she dreamed that her, husband hug her, kissed her,she clutched his hand,twist,jeher eye welled up.and watered.she became scared of dark.she get feared of lighting flashes with drumming sound it irritate  her ear.Rain water leaked through the roof.dripping continued make a sound of drip-drip…..!!!.unabled her sleep into night lonely.dripping through house wall.she put   up utensil on the leaking side.it created horror sound that it scared her.tinkling sound unable to sleep.then she cancelled utensil instead drops dripping continued.it difficult to whole night passed by.crawling insect made her life miserable than any other incident.she did not used  before it.short term visitor crawling at night when room light went off.whole room looked dark dungeon.they made their way through corner sight to prey small insects best place to prey upon insects because hidden space could not detect easily or we mostly overlooked it most time  to clear and unused space became house of small insect. She get  feared it. but mostly get feared by seeing them.

They never bite unnessary to people.they have poison gland they never dropped unnesary or used it on any invalid purposed.

My wife laid  over bad whole night unsleep.she went through the fits of illness.

Next morning she found lying unmovable  by neighbour.she diagnosed.due to over scared she got feared.she became victim of fever and cold.

September 18, 2020 15:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.