Once in a Blooming Spring

Submitted into Contest #29 in response to: Write a story about someone discovering something new about themselves. ... view prompt

0 comments

General

"Adventure is always on the door and the key is to explore." Anderson Deguzman

The moment that I wake up early in the morning, is the moment that I knew that it will not just be an ordinary day, the most awaited Day of departure has finally arrived, and as I continued packing up I have feel that probably its not just me but all of us The Second batch in our High School that will be experiencing something so extraordinary that we surely would never forget in our lifetime.

"Anderson Wait." I see my mom running towards me giving her final goodbyes with a sweet kiss and handful of tears especially since it is my actual first time leaving home for a long while, it is actually tear jerking but I assure to Mom that everything will be alright with us being there before actually leaving her and going to the Philippine National Airport with my Batchmates.

And the moment I step forward inside the airplane is the moment I felt my lasting anxiety ever since I found the idea of riding the airplane. That feeling of actually traversing to another world not of your own.

"Am I really going to be okay?" I asked myself this question a few times because I can't find myself at ease while inside the Airplane, Praying before the departure had helped ease my nerves and sooner than I have assumed the Airplane started moving and suddenly all the anxieties that I hold on suddenly vanished as I find myself actually enjoying how the ride actually feels like an extreme ride over an amusement park throughout the Flight.

And when we have arrived, and I slowly walk pass over the Glass doors of the Incheon Airport I found myself still at lost in the cold breeze of Spring blowing from our winter clothes, still at lost at the sight I'm now currently seeing for the first time of my life. still lost in thoughts about how to put it in my words, that I'm actually in South Korea.

"Hey Guys check this out!" Sicor, one of Batchmate cheerfully exclaimed his excitement upon seeing his breath forming a foam in the air, just like how we see it in most TV Shows, then afterwards I found myself also doing the same thing.

"Okay Students Put over your luggage here and get to the bus." our School Missionary, Mrs Sarah Lee is accommodating our stay in South Korea, and she instructed us to get over the private bus and get ourselves ready for the long ride.

From there on Everything about South Korea is vibrant and shining, the enormous buildings with delicate spaces for the environment, the sight of the Clean roads at every street and the seemingly non existent traffic during our trip, and so much more that I can't grasp my situation before feeling a little jet lag and Decide to just doze of the rest of the trip.

After Three hours and 30 minutes of bus trip we arrived at Daejeon, or One of The provinces in south Korea where we will be staying for almost 8 days of our trip in there, at first it seemed like nothing good of a sort, but everything changes when the dusk finally approaches, the Streets are lively, as the Korean written signs are illuminated by colorful neon lights, but unfortunately we don't get to spend the night out for the sake of our safety so I just find myself sneaking outside the House to gaze upon the beautiful night sky before actually taking my sweet sleep.

And when the dreadful morning comes, it's the start of something I should have anticipated, when the cold greetings of the Chilling morning to started hitting us all, the temperature is just a bit cold for us to handle even in spring. But thankfully we started to adapt to the cold weather through time.

And most importantly the Food culture itself, Thankfully the Accommodation for our Food expenses is covered by many kind Korean Sponsors who are delighted by our experience in there, truly South Korea is a home of Many delicacies that represent their country, the creative flavor and irresistible aroma of every dish is just mouth watering.

And Alas, most of days were spent in Cultural Trip, the most waited part of the trip, because a trip itself is not complete without an adventure, in our Fifth day we explored the historic places in South Korea, where the Ancient temples stand tall before us all, seeing how great the culture is preserve and protected in South Korea, I become more interested in South Korea itself.

And when the Last days of our trip finally closes, I got to experience the City life of South Korea, where we got separated into groups in order for us to be accommodated much better, Sicor and I were in the same group and we got to experience the Night Life in one of South Korea's urban areas.

Thus upon the Last day before Going back to The Philippines, our last Destination was the South Korea's Capital, Seoul, where I got to experienced being in one of the Biggest Markets in South Korea known as Myeongdong, where various Foods and all kinds Souvenirs are scattered everywhere and I think we spent most of the time enjoying those final moments.

Now I am Currently facing the reality, it is the day of departure back to the Philippines, and thinking back to those days I have spent I started to think about the future.

"When will i get to experience South Korea then again?" those words are what bogged me during these times, as I slowly see the Cherry blossom falling under the large tree under the brilliant morning skies, and that's when I realized that this experience is indeed worth recording for something that I can read over and over again a thousand times and still not get over being amazed by how this joyride turned out to be what I didn't expect it to be.

"Anderson where are you? hurry! The Bus is leaving soon." Mrs. Sarah called out to me, and do I hurried over the bus and finally stepping on to Make a grand finale over this Once in a Blooming Spring experience of my life.

-Finale- 

February 17, 2020 12:54

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.