Fantasy is not always fictional.

Submitted into Contest #48 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

1 comment

Fantasy

It was an ordinary day, Raunit woke up from the dream as his mum was scolding 'Raunit you don't want to go to school? Get up you are getting late.' Raunit get ready while eating his breakfast he said to his Mumma '' MAA can dreams come true?'' His mother said, of course, my son '' If you work hard it will. Now finish your breakfast otherwise you will miss your bus''.

Raunit was sitting on the window side of his bus and he was thinking about his dream, then his friend came and asked Hey Raunit have you done your homework. He said yes how can I forget about this homework as it is my favorite topic. His friend laughed and said yea ''Superpowers''.

His friend continued '' Raunit tell me one thing if you get an option of superpowers then which one will you choose?

Raunit said'' I wish to control the things without getting caught so I will choose to become INVISIBLE.'' His friend laughed and said dreams are reel life stories, wake up from your fictional concept.

Raunit attended his school and get back to his home then on the way to his home he saw a man who was carrying a book name ''An invisible man'' now Raunit wanted to read that book. He gets back to his home while eating his lunch he asked his mum ''MAA on this birthday what you will gift to me? His mother said'' What do you want my son? '' I will give it to you. Raunit said'' OK, I need a book will you buy it for me? His mother kissed Raunit and said ''My son is getting more serious about his studies, hmm.''

Days went by, Raunit's birthday came and on his birthday he went to buy the book. He was really happy as he will be able to read all about an invisible man.

Now every time Raunit is busy with his book. His interest in the book getting increased day by day.

One day his mother asked ''My child you never told me your desire what do you want in your life?''

Without giving a second thought Raunit said '' I want to become an invisible man.''

By listening to this his mother laughed and said Raunit beta you are getting older now all these fictional things do not suit you. Just try to concentrate on your studies so that I can spend the rest of my life peacefully. It's too late now go to sleep. Tomorrow is your exam.

Raunit went to his room and that night he was thinking, becoming invisible is a crime or something bad? There were lots of questions in his mind and no one was there to answer his questions.

One day Raunit was reading an article on the internet his mother came and saw his child was finding ways to become an invisible man.

His mother beat him badly as she was understanding that his child is getting on the wrong path. And she said now next time if I will see anything related to this then I will not allow you to continue your studies and lock you in a room and from that day Raunit never talked about this but deep inside he always wanted to be an invisible man.

Years passed, Raunit went abroad for his higher studies. And after years he again saw the same dream. He woke up, he wanted to know the reason why he saw the same dream which he used to saw in his childhood. He searched on the internet and through the internet one thing was cleared that there must be some reason due to which he was seeing that dream but he was not sure, his mind need the answer. He went to oneirocritic to find his answers.

Joseph (oneirocritic) said '' Welcome Raunit, I was waiting for you for 20 years and now you are here.'' Raunit was quite surprised that how come he know about me. Joseph smiled and said ''do not worry my child I will tell you whatever you wanted to know from your childhood.''

Raunit said I used to see a dream in my childhood and after years again I saw the same dream. Why?

Joseph said '' I know about your dream, from your childhood you were seeing that someone is giving you a box and when you open a box, beam of light comes out of it and that light enters into your body and you become invisible, whatever you do no one was able to see you, your presence can be felt without seeing you.''

Raunit eyes were amazed, he wanted to know that how come he was knowing about his dream.

Joseph continued, Raunit after so many years again you saw the same dream that means the time has come when you should know about yourself. He said '' Raunit you are not a normal person. You are born with a special gift called a Superpower. You are having the power to become invisible that is why you were seeing that dream, that is why you were interested to become invisible from your childhood and spiritual powers has assigned me to do this work.

Raunit was shocked that since his childhood he wanted to become invisible and now he can be. He thought that prayers can be answered.

Joseph said '' Raunit you have given this power to erase sins and crimes from this world remember this and do not try to do something wrong if you try then all your powers will be taken back.

Raunit said'' I always wanted to do something good and God has chosen me to perform this work then definitely I will never break his trust.

Joseph said '' Follow me Raunit''.

They both went to the darkroom where a big box was kept. Joseph handed the box to Raunit and said open it.

Raunit opened the box, beam of light was rising from the box and it was getting absorbed in the body of Raunit .

As the amount of light that was getting absorbed in Raunit's body was directly proportional to the amount of Raunit's invisibility.

And finally, his dream becomes true and Raunit becomes invisible to perform his work.

''Some dreams are worth to become real.''

July 02, 2020 11:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Nuzhat Fatima
09:10 Jul 06, 2020

Awesome 🙌

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.