4 comments

General

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I started my period today. 4 days earlier than last month. This is day 2 of my 3-day cleanse and it's going okay. No weight loss yet. Would love to weigh 110 pounds by Christmas which is a little over a month away. Started roller skating again so we'll see. I mostly feel disgusted with myself for not working out consistently over this past year but with my mother living with us, it's been a real challenge for me. Looking extremely forward to the day when she moves out!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I started my period today. I'm getting chiropractic therapy for my neck and shoulder. I have a pinched nerve and it hurts like the dickens. The sessions are relaxing but the sounds my back and shoulder make are slightly gross and off-putting. I'm just happy I won't be on my period for my birthday...yeah.

Monday, August 13, 2012

I started my period today. Me and Kels saw a movie last night called "Ruby Sparks". It's about a young author played by Paul Dano who is having trouble writing his next novel. His therapist tells him to try writing on a manual typewriter. He creates this red-haired woman named Ruby Sparks (Zoe Kazan) who turns into a real flesh and blood woman in his apartment who does whatever he's written about her on the page. It was a great movie that dealt with free will, love, desire and how we can create our own reality.

On a side note- I must remember to look up the Genie Bra on QVC.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I started my period today. It's Rain's spring break and we were gonna drive to New York to visit my brother but there was a huge snowstorm and the mountains would have been too risky to drive at this time. So, we're going to wait until the spring weather is here to stay and then we'll just pull Rain out of school for a few days and have a great time. So far during his break we've hung out with Jack, gone to Red Robin and Chuck E. Cheese and listened to a horrible book on CD. He also had his eye exam and picked out some really cool glasses. Tonight, we're going to see the Broadway show "Anything Goes". It's kids night so Rain's ticket will be free.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

I started my period today. We're headed back from New York. On the drive up we stopped in NC to visit friends. On our DC stop we saw friends and family and then we hung out with our family in NY and got to meet my brother's boyfriend.

Friday, November 29, 2013

I started my period today. 28 days later than my last one. We spent Thanksgiving in Chapel Hill, NC with my brother. Our trip was completely paid for by a couple my brother knows who love Thanksgiving. Every year they invite their friends and family and foot the entire affair. We were picked up at the airport by our driver. When we checked into the hotel, we were given our itinerary along with swag bags full of goodies. We were then picked up for dinner at a local barbecue spot. The next day was Thanksgiving and there was dancing and a DJ in one room, board games being played, and movies in yet another room. There was also a photographer who during the day pulled our family aside and took some great shots outside. A woman also went around asking everyone what movie they wanted to see the following day. My mom and Rain saw Frozen and we saw Hunger Games. The day we left everyone met at the hostess' house and had breakfast.

Monday, July 14, 2014

I started my period today. We are in Orlando with the Thompsons and Rain and Dylan are going to attend a 4-H summer camp.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

I started my period today. We spent Saturday and today with the Thompsons in Orlando. Rain also had a 6th grade dance on Friday and had his first slow dance with a girl. Time flies. My little ‘Gunners’ is growing up so fast. I'm looking forward to doing lots of fun things with him, especially traveling.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

I started my period today. 23 days after my last period. Today was our grand opening of our music lounge. We got a Panini food truck and all our friends came to support us and we had a great time. Let the good times keep rolling!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

I started my period today. I'm thinking of abbreviating the first sentence to I.S.M.P.T. Today is our last day open at our lounge until late August or early September. We always said we wanted to close for the summer, and we put that sentiment out into the universe, and it has come to fruition. It's been a roller coaster ride; following and pursuing our dream and I'm really happy I've had my boyfriend, Rain and our dog Honey with me the whole time. The small victory is my period will be over by the time we leave for vacation on Tuesday.

Monday, October 31, 2016

I.S.M.P.T. Happy Halloween! I started wearing THINX underwear instead of pads or tampons and they are fantastic! Where were these when I first started my cycle? Thank goodness people pursue their dreams and ideas.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

I.S.M.P.T. My boyfriend is in Seattle with his best friend. I've been running the lounge by myself with some help from Rain. Thank goodness we didn't book any bands.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

I.S.M.P.T. We sold our lounge. We listed it on a Friday and Monday we had 7 hits and sold it for the asking price. We were sad, but we needed a break. Our next adventure is lots of travel, a new car and some updates to our home decor.

Friday, June 29, 2018

I.S.M.P.T. We just got back from a 3-week road trip. Down Route 66 to the Grand Canyon, Denver and then back through Oklahoma City, Memphis and Atlanta. My top 3 favorite things were the Bryce Canyon Trails, Grand Junction, CO and a 5K fun glow run we did in Oklahoma City. Looking forward to more travel and the best part of all; I wasn’t on my period.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

I.S.M.P.T. 5 days after we had to put our dog Honey to sleep. It was a total shock when we put our first dog to sleep. With Honey, we were told she had 6- 8 weeks, but it was still difficult. I'm still feeling drained from the whole experience.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

I.S.M.P.T. I was substitute teaching in a 3rd grade class today and this little boy sneezed. When none of his friends said "God Bless You" he was upset. He kept saying, "I can't believe no one said, 'God Bless You!". One of his friends finally said, "God Bless You" and he said, 'thank you' and went back to work.

Friday, February 14, 2020

I.S.M.P.T. My boyfriend is in New York with his friend to speak at the United Nations about homelessness. Our next adventure is to start a non-profit for people who live in their cars. Happy Valentine's Day!

 


April 10, 2020 08:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Inactive User
03:54 Apr 14, 2020

I liked your idea. "I started my period" it was very unique and different from the other stories I read. Good job!

Reply

15:56 Apr 16, 2020

Thank you for the compliment!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lillian White
01:46 Apr 17, 2020

This story is DEFINITELY unique. If I was a book critique I would say that this was a fantabulous read.

Reply

03:50 Apr 18, 2020

Lillian, thank you for your kind words.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.