1 comment

General

I heard the screams and cri... "Ugh, I am not a good writer and I will never be!" I complained to my teacher. My classmates glanced my way and it felt as if their eyes were lasers burning into the back of my skull. Some laughed as they sat on their phone, others just kept quiet. I begged my teacher to excuse me for the rest of the class, and when she approved, I scurried out the door to meet my best friend.

"Hey, Megan! I don't have much time before my next class, so get talking! What's up?" I love her! She can be so insensitive sometimes, but Lizzie is so sweet and caring. I still couldn't believe that I was friends with a popular girl, that's really the only reason I don't get bullied physically.

"ELA was rough, everyone laughed at me when I told Mrs. Trugmen that I suck at writing, and she didn't even try to help me. She also didn't care when the whole class was laughing at me. I think I will just skip all of her future classes." I sighed as she studied me. I don't understand why she does this every time I tell her my problems, but I don't mind.

"Okay, so let me get this straight, you were being verbally bullied? And you don't know what to do about it?" I nodded. Lizzie usually is very caring and takes time to talk to me, but not this time. I could hear the rush in her voice, and she seemed annoyed. Maybe she had a problem of her own? I opened my mouth to ask her, but before any words had the chance to come out, she said, "You know what? I think you should go back there and not care what anyone thinks. Be confident and act like you know what you're doing, because if you don't, well," She motioned towards me. "Anyways, as for the writing, maybe you could write about yourself. Like your experience being bullied, and how you changed, and if you write how you will change, it may come true. I'm not going to be able to help you forever, you need to take charge."

I pondered this for a second, and she was right. I won't have her here all the time, and I need to be able to take some hits and stand right up. "Your right. Thanks, and I have an awesome idea to write about!" I smiled and ran back to class. Everyone looked at me like I was insane. Even Mrs. Trugmen looked surprised "Can I come in?" She nodded slowly as I made my way to my desk. I felt warm air on the back of my neck.

"What are you doing back here, because I'm not going to let you just sit through the whole period without writing." Mrs. Trugmen whispered in my ear. This infuriated me, I can't believe she would say that. I braved coming back here and my teacher doesn't seem to care... I thought. I turned around and she was standing with her arms crossed and eyes glaring at me. It didn't help that the whole class was also glancing at. Megan, stay calm and respond naturally. I told myself.

"Mrs. Trugmen, I came back to class to write an amazing essay, do you have a problem with that?" She stayed silent. "Okay, then, I guess your fine with it, so can you please let me get to work?" Mrs. Trugmen nodded and walked away.

Okay, time to get writing. Just write about being bullied and how I can overcome it. I sharpened my pencil, pulled my notebook out, and got writing.

Hi! I'm Megan, I'm a freshman in high school and I get bullied a lot. Sometimes it's worse than others, but it usually isn't physical. I’ve been bullied since sixth grade, but my parents send me to school anyway, they aren’t involved in my life. I just take the bullying and do absolutely nothing about it. I think I have become slightly depressed, and so many people just think it’s another excuse to bully me. I wish everyone could see me and get to know me instead of seeing a weird girl that doesn’t do good in school. My sister is twenty-six, and she moved to Malaysia a few years back, haven’t seen her since then. My teachers don’t seem to think highly of me either. They don’t care if someone ripped up my assignments just to get me in trouble, they don’t even help me, my teachers can’t even see past the fact that I’m a kid that hates school. 

I was surprised that I could let my feelings out, I never do that. I keep them balled up inside and on occasion take them out on my pillow. As I was thinking about this, I could tell someone was looking at me. “Hey, Megan.” Is that Ryan!?!? I have had a crush on him for two years, he is like the only boy that doesn’t bully me. “I just wanted to make sure everything was okay, it got a little tense earlier.” The sound of his voice soothed my soul.

“Hey… Um yeah, I’m fine. I am used to it.” I didn’t know what else to say. Ryan is very smart, yet, he was confused. Oh no, did I do something wrong? 

“Are you sure your okay?” I nodded, “Okay, just remember, I will always be here to talk.” Wait, did RYAN, just say that I can talk to him whenever!!! I was filled with joy, but I had to get back to writing. I picked up my pencil and note card fell off my desk. I picked it up and it had a phone number with a heart, and said call me! I glanced at Ryan, he winked! OMG!!!!!

Later that day, I called the number, he picked up on the first ring! “Hey, I need to ask you something,” Ryan said. My heart skipped a beat. “Will you go on a date with me?” I couldn’t believe it! I was at a loss for words but managed squeal, “I’d take that as a yes?” He gently asked.

“Yes! Of course, Omygosh!” I was thrilled. 

A few weeks had past and my writing assignment turned out to be not the future me and what I could do about my life, but the present me. The person that was dating a popular football player, pulled my grades up and started talking to people. Everyone was kinder to me, and I became friends with a lot of people. Life still throws some things at me, but in the end, I’d say my freshman year turned out to be pretty awesome!

June 18, 2020 23:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Julia Boddie
18:42 Oct 20, 2020

Once again, an amazing story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.