7 comments

Science Fiction LGBTQ+

This story contains sensitive content

This story contains language, abandonment, substance use, mental health problems and violence. To be fair, this entire series does, so... There's that.


Simon stared at the closet looking over the options. "Is it just me or did my clothes get more chaotic?"

"It's not just you." Jayden called out from across the room. "I still have that one outfit I wore back in college." The silence stretched on for moments before Simon spoke.

"What year are you talking about, Jayden?" The brunette chuckled.

"Good Gods, that's quite a question." Simon turned around, seeing Jayden in a fishnet top, a corset belt and baggy stripped pants. That- that looks good on him. Simon thought feeling his cheeks heat up a little. "I'm talking about our graduating class. 2024." Jayden says grabbing one of his various chokers. "I love this century's fashion so far.." Simon heard him whisper. He tilted his head.

"How old are you?" Simon asked grabbing a sweater and a corset belt, he grabbed a plaid skirt too. There was a few moments of silence.

"How old am I?" He questioned. Simon let out a laugh hearing the shock and confusion in his voice.

"Oh jeez- your old enough to be my grandfather- aren't you?" He asked as he changed.

"I-..." Jayden walked out of their room. "We're both Luelmind- look at how long your father lasted." Simon inhaled deeply. It's been awhile since he died. "Two hundred and four! I think we're fine."

"You have a point." He agrees quickly following after him. He watched as Jayden fixed the two of them eggs and toast. "Do you know if Addison replied?"

"Apparently she's quite popular on social media." He replies.

"So she's ignoring us."

"Basically, yeah."

The two wandered the streets of Olympia, holding hands. It was one of those days where the sun was shining brightly but the day was cold. There was a slight breeze occasionally too, folding around the two. Simon loved these kinds of days, it was heavily relaxing. "Hey- Jay- look." He whispered nodding to the west. Jayden rose a brow glancing at the direction. There was an alley filled with garbage.

"What am I-" There were two people walking away from the alley. He stopped in his tracks when he saw it. The people were fighting with one another.

"That looks intense." Simon muttered as he started walking. Jayden slowly trailed after him. He watched as one of them stormed off. The younger one stood there. He felt his throat tighten.

He stood over the table with his wine glass in hand. His eyes narrowed looking at the map. It showed the majority of Europe in great detail. The places with red had at least two hundred something Luelmind. The lighter the red, there were fifty less Luelmind in the area.

The brunette exhaled deeply gently slamming the glass onto the table. According to this map... Our home has fifty something Luelmind. He thought with wide panicked eyes. How am I going to protect them from her now?! He let out a cry, reaching down to his arm. He gripped it tightly. His eyes scanned the map. Europe had loads places with no Luelmind. But the places that did have Luelmind had so Gods damned much. His nails dug into his skin with ease. He let out a small hiss. "I can't do this. She's going to get them. She's going to get them!" He cried collapsing onto the ground.

He hid his arms behind his back as he walked down the dirt path. The sounds of the forest greatly calmed the brunette. So much so his arms fell to his side. Quickly he was humming with the birds. He opened the door to his mansion entering the home. "Father!" A cheerful voice called. He took off his hat setting down on the table.

"Helen, my wonderful!" He replies with a grin. He opens his arms out wide, falling to his knees. The dark blue eyed child ran to her father, hugging him tightly. "How is your brother?" He asks combing a hand through her hair, caressing her face. She has her mother's thick hair, her eyes too.

"He's asleep father."

"And how have you been?" He asked picking her up easily. She giggled.

"Good father." Children's smiles are so innocent. He thought to himself. Innocent. He gulped, his throat tightened. His eyes fell a little. I know how to protect them now.. She does just want me after all, right?

"Are you okay father?" His eyes widened.

"Of course wonderful, father was simply thinking of work." He says putting on a smile. He set his daughter down motioning for her to go to the kitchen. She followed her father's suggestion happily. "I am thinking of making those pastries.. Do you want to help me, Helen?"

"Of course father!" She grinned. Her teeth were a tad sharper than her mother's. Because of him.

He inhaled deeply. Tonight. Tonight will be the night. He thought to himself as he started grabbing the higher placed things. "Will mother help us?"

"I believe mother is sewing with her friends. We must save her one, yes?"

"Yes father!"

She stumbled into the wall, bottle in hand. Her face twisted into a drunken smile. "My love, how was your day?" She asked, angelic voice a slur.

"Margaret! What- my darling!" He barked, jogging his way over to her. She dropped the bottle going over to meet him. "I believe I told you to wait here until the children were asleep." He shouted in a whisper.

"Quiet down honey, you mustn't wake the children." His eyes widened.

"You saw one of them." He said placing his hands on her shoulders, steadying her. She shifted her weight.

"You said she wouldn't find us." She whispered sharply. He felt tears come to his eyes.

"I have a plan, my darling." He says quietly. Her eyes widen. "We gather a few outfits for you and I, the children as well. We go, we leave. Your grandfather's land still belongs to you yes?"

"Tha- that's all the way in the Netherlands." She whispers.

"We'll take our wealth and then a train. The Netherlands are free of her."

She stood there holding the baby in her arms. Her free hand was atop her daughters head. "Where's father, mother?" She asked looking up at the blonde.

"He must be getting a few things from his study. Don't fret, Helen, my child." The two of them stood there for at least an hour.

"All aboard!" A man shouted. Margaret inhaled deeply. Oh my love... This was your plan all along.. She thought swallowing her tears.

"Come now, Helen." Margaret says calmly, motioning for her daughter to board.

"Mother-"

"Come now." She says sharply.

He pulled his hat down, letting out a choked sob. "I'm so sorry, my love.. My wonderfuls." He whispers, turning around. He walked down the wooden floor. He glanced up at the signs. There was a sign for America there. He boarded the train.

"Jayden-" He sharply turned to the sound of the voice. He was met with the face of a concerned Simon. "Hey-" He said quietly. "What's the matter?" He asked wiping the tears off of Jayden's face before reaching down to his arms, hiding the marks he made. Jayden shook his head. "Do- do you want to go home?" He asked confused. He nodded, making Simon lead him to an alley so they could clean him up.

When the two got home Jayden ran into the bathroom. "Jayden." Simon says. He glanced at the door, closing and locking it before quickly following after his partner. "Jayden-" He skittered to a stop smelling the vomit. He gagged but continued heading to the bathroom. The ravenette stood by the door watching Jayden throw up into the sink. He heard the choking sob.

"Jayden.." He says quietly. He made his way into the bathroom. "What's wrong?" He asks rubbing his back. He shook his head as he started to hyperventilate. "Hey, hey- it's okay." Simon continues to say, continuing to rub Jayden's back. Minutes past like this before Simon heard something different.

"I-I-" He merely continued to cry. Simon watched him fall to the ground, hugging his knees. He followed him to the ground, hugging him tightly.

"..Do you want to tell me about it?" He asked in a whisper.

"I- I left them.. It- it's just me she wants.. Right?" Jayden stuttered.

March 13, 2022 22:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Aiden Otaktay
19:02 May 04, 2022

It's absolutely outstanding! I've read all the three parts and absolutely love this series, also the fact that two characters' names rhyme with mine; Zaiden and Jayden, haha It's actually been a while since I read something like this. When I started reading, I just couldn't stop and binge-read all three parts, haha! Fantastic job, Prince Leoboi!

Reply

Crows_ Garden
20:15 May 04, 2022

I'm glad you like it! It's been quite awhile since someone's read this series. I haven't thought about the name rhyming thing, but that's pretty cool! Thank you for reading!

Reply

Aiden Otaktay
08:54 May 05, 2022

The pleasure's all mine :)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:41 May 05, 2022

: D

Reply

Aiden Otaktay
14:09 May 05, 2022

°v°

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Delia Tomkus
15:04 Mar 24, 2022

OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING

Reply

Crows_ Garden
15:16 Mar 24, 2022

Hah- I'm glad you like it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.