0 comments

Fantasy

FRIZZY

He had originated___or had been born___in the water of the bathtub, in the Morrison ‘s house, while Tommy, the  youngest  son of the Morrison, a child of five years, was taking a bath. Who knows how, who knows why , at a certain point, he, Frizzy had come out in the water of the tub, which was full of soap bubbles ___and Tommy was playing with those ethereal colored bubbles, making them move, making them fly, blowing on them____

Who knows who could have created him….ah, he, Frizzy really couldn’t have an idea about by whom he had been created. He only knew to have started to exist , at a certain moment, into the soap water of that tub. He also knew that he was entirely a water creature and that outside of the water he could not live. Oh, sure, he had to admit that, so far, he had had a good deal of luck, yes, the gods had assisted him. The water in which he had sprung had flowed, through the drain pipe, into the  aqueduct, where it had been subjected to purification processes, and from the aqueduct it had flowed into the river that crossed the city.  Then, from the river, after that which ( (after what) , at least for Frizzy, had been an eventful and adventurous journey, the water with Frizzy in it, had flowed into the sea. Oh, he was only a little sprite , just little more than a nothing in the sight of the mighty and feared deities of the sea, yet Frizzy couldn’t really complain about the life he had lived since he had born in the bathtub where that chubby child, with soft, fragrant flesh, was wallowing, that child…Tommy…who knows what Tommy was doing now. Frizzy had given his first bite , oh, a little bite, to  Tommy ‘s stumpy thigh. Oh, Tommy then had started screaming, he had shouted for help, because there had to be into the water a bad animal that had bitten him. The puppet’s mother had rushed up, all attentive ( careful), and she had inspected the bathtub, without finding ….the animal which had bitten her child. Yet, no one could see Frizzy, since he was invisible. But he existed and others, animals or children could sense ( perceive, realize) his presence because of his bites and the tickle he caused them, even the fishes he tickled.

Frizzy was a real brat, he enjoyed so much pinching and biting, and tickling too the other creatures of the sea. Invisible as he was, he didn’t have to fear retaliation or revenge. So he could afford to send also fishes as big as dolphins , but even as whales into a tailspin., tormenting them with his bites___Frizzy had pointed sharp teeth, obviously invisible_____and tickling them.

Once he had managed to land a very big whale, the YELLOW WHALE____so called since its belly was almost entirely yellow____ tirelessly tickling it for hours. These abilities of Frizzy, even if feared by the other sea creatures ( by the other inhabitants of the sea), were however appreciated by the fishes when they were not subjected to them. They had a lot of fun seeing the other fishes squirm from tickle, or jump, trying to escape Frizzy’s relentless teeth. With fishes of

any size Frizzy could have fun as much as he wanted.  But there were other inhabitants in the sea, above all in the depths of the sea.They were not fishes, they were not plants. Those inhabitants of the steep depths of the sea  were true majesties even in their appearance. On the earth there were those who called them spirits of the deep waters or of the abyss of the sea, and who called them GODS of the sea. Here, Frizzy did not dare to bite or to tickle them, since he was afraid that not only they, THE GODS OF THE SEA, would take revenge, but that they would even destroy him.

Even though he was very curious about these grat spirits or gods of the sea_____he had sometimes happened to see them, indeed to glimpse them, and they had appeared magnificent, fabulous ____Frizzy was even afraid to approach them, he, who was not even afraid of approaching sharks , and who, above all; was invisible.

Other sprites like Frizzy lived in the sea, even if he was the only one to be completely and permanently invisible. There was Tizzy, the adamantine sprite, which was phosphorescent and that  moved crackling , Giò , the green sprite with the forked tail, Clio, a tiny, white sprite with two amazing yellow wings that gave him (it) the look of a butterfly, an underwater butterfly, since Clio could not have survived if he (it) came out of the water……and many others. The sprites were the little or lesser spirits of the sea, and a huge difference _____that was also a distance concerning where they stay respectively ____existed between the little, or letter , spirits and those who were the very sea divinities, the great spirits or gods of the sea.

Both fishes and mollusks and the other little spirits of his rank or category said, laughing____of course laughing as fishes and sprites can laugh____that Frizzy was a little, indeed almost sparkling, to mean that he was a rascal which took advantage from his characteristic of being invisible , to make fishes and the other sprites damned.

Frizzy, therefore, did not dare to approach the majestic divinities, the very gods of the sea, who, when he had happened , by chance, to be able to catch a glimpse of them, albeit barely and in passing, ( they) had enchanted him, they had appeared to him as amazing, marvelous visions, sparkling with light, whose movements made the waters of the sea sing and sound. Eh, Frizzy kept on staying distant from them since, even if they were wonders who enchanted him, even great was the fear he had of them.

While (being careful) taking care to keep a safe distance from them, unfortunately one day it happened that Frizzy went to impact with one of the greatly powerful gods of the sea. It all happened by pure chance, without he ( Frizzy) even being able to realize how and why it had happened. The fact is that the very joker Frizzy ended up inside the shoe of one of these majestic divinities. It was a very precious shoe, made entirely of gold, set with diamonds, rubies and emeralds. It was also a shoe with a very high stiletto, since it was the shoe of a big lady of the sea, a beautiful and imposing sea goddess .

Not that Frizzy felt bad or even only uncomfortable into the precious shoe of the great Madam, goddess of the sea, who, as he was able to hear, was called Duchess, she was the Blue Duchess. The inner sole of the shoe was soft, so he could rest comfortably on it. Furthermore the foot of the great goddess of the sea had a considerable hollow, it was much ( abundantly) arched. So that he could lay under it in perfect ease, at all comfortably.

The Duchess’s feet were anything but flat, they were large feet, as she, the goddess, was large.

Oh, but of course, the gods befitting large sizes, so at least Frizzy thought.

But, even if he was anything but uncomfortable in (into)  the shoe  of that great lady goddess of the sea, Frizzy was nevertheless very worried, so he kept on wondering what the Duchess could have done if she had noticed his presence, so to say, abusive.

The lady Duchess ,however, seemed not to notice the presence of Frizzy in her shoe, under her foot. He, Frizzy, on his part, tried to move as little as possible, but he needed to move, at least, a little. After that some time had passed since he had entered in the precious shoe of the great goddess, he also began to worry about how he might get out. Of course, sooner or later, the Blue Duchess would have taken her shoes off, and then he could have gone away, coming back to wander free in the sea. But time passed and the Duchess was not making up her mind to take her shoes off. Then Frizzy decided to risk if being discovered by the Goddess and, from motionless , or almost , as he had been until then, he began to fidget frantically to induce the great Lady to take at least one of her shoes off. So he started to tickle her foot, but he didn’t dare to bite it.

Finally the goddess, irritated by the tickle at the sole of her right foot, took her shoe off. “ I swear it was one the of the letter spirits which tickled me” she said, as she took her foot out of the shoe. But she saw no sprite into her shoe.  Meanwhile Frizzy had come out of the shoe, but he had remained near the Goddess . “ Ah, but then it must have been that little sprite that is invisible.

What’s his name? Frizzy, here! Ah, Frizzy, if I catch you, I shall make you pass the urge to tickle!” the Blue Duchess threatened Frizzy, which was fluttering, invisible, near the great face of the goddess , a face that looked like a full moon. He could not restrain himself and gave a bite on the tip of the Duchess’s nose. She, waving her great hand, was about to catch Frizzy , which ,managed to escape the grasp of her great hand, and he ran away quickly, all cheerful and carefree. He was really satisfied to have been able to give A BITE! And what a bite! To the Duchess! To the Duchess’s nose!

March 06, 2021 03:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.