0 comments

Drama

“Do you know we have new neighbours next door, they just arrived yesterday”, exclaimed Sara. “I really feel suspicious about them, they are 4 members in their family, a husband, wife and two children, that’s how I judged, but Myra told me that they have only one son and the girl doesn’t belong to their family, this creates suspicion” Sara kept on talking and Sam fell asleep without uttering a word as he was out of hearing.  

The next day Sara was very curious in knowing about the newcomers next door. Hence she tried to peep in their door to get a clear picture of those next door beings. It had become like a routine custom to the people of the Johnson colony to find flaws in the new entrants to their colony. Though it was an annoying issue things couldn’t be changed.

Sara tried to take a sneak into the neighbour’s door, and then with sudden bang the door threw open. That girl was standing at the door. She smiled and said “Welcome Ma'm yes how can I help you. Her voice was something weird, very indistinctive something that couldn’t be accepted as a human speech. Sara was surprised by her vague dress sense and her voice texture. Just then the lady of the house interrupted,” Kitty, what are doing here at the door, go finish your work.”  “Yes Mom”, said kitty and moved inside. “Yes, can I help you in some way” the lady next door exclaimed. Sara couldn’t utter a word; with a trembling stature she said “I’m sorry”. With a heavy foot she returned back. Then she called her friend Myra,” Hello Myra, her voice was trembling, “Yah Sara what’s up what’s cooking in your mind, why is your voice so low, any issues with your husband”. “Oh, Myra can’t you stop blabbering and listen to me” “Yes continue I will keep my mouth shut “replied Myra. Sara continued “I just tried to sneak into my neighbour’s house “. “That’s your daily routine sneaking into next door “thought Myra, but she didn’t utter a word. “You know Myra, as I told you there is something wrong in that family, the lady of the house were so arrogant she didn’t even smile, she had that angry look on her face. That girl was bullied by her mother and I feel she is being tortured, she was treated very badly. I think her mother makes her daughter to do all the household chores, poor thing” With a heavy gasp she finished. “Sara, can I talk now, I think you are over exaggerating , maybe there is something fishy about them but torturing their own child is not believable. “ “No Myra I’m damn sure she is being traumatised”. The conversation went on until Myra hung up the phone.

The next day Sara was feeling restless she just wanted to find out about the vague nature of their new neighbours. Hence she again took the daring move to sneak into their house, this time through their bed room window. She knew it was wrong to look through someone’s private space but her suspicious disturbed mind couldn’t let her sit silent. When she saw that she was horrified that scene was so sickening that she just ran into her house to inform her husband. But her husband was not at home he had already left to his office. Sara couldn’t keep any secrets to herself she had a bad habit of spilling out else she would wobble around franticly. Her nearest target was her husband else her close friend Myra who was an easy target to listen to her unwanted frantic comments about others.

“Myra, do you what happened today , I just peeped into their bedroom and you know what I found, I saw that man , that cheap and sick person he was undressing the kid, and it’s even a shame to talk about such things , and I had to witness such a heinous incident. He was patting her back and I cannot continue Myra, those people are so cheap. To my dismay I saw the lady standing in front of them. What kind of people are they. They will ruin the ethics of our neighbourhood. It’s a shame that they are neighbours. We have to do something about it; else our whole colony will be ruined by their filthy nature. She was just blabbering to herself continuously, Myra interrupted “Calm down Sara, we will look into it” Myra hung up.

But Sara couldn’t handle it any more she just wanted to throw the newcomers out of their locality and clean the atmosphere which she felt was getting filthy because of the new entrants.

Sara, Myra and few more people just banged onto their neighbour’s door the next day. The small girl Kitty opened the door with a smile. “Poor thing, though she is being tortured with such atrocities this kid is smiling” thought Sara. Sara and others a gang of almost 15 members barged into their house. When they entered the house they got the shock of their lives. The whole living room looked like futuristic star trek scenario. Each everything around looked futuristic. There was a showcase at the corner which portrayed the awards and mementos gotten by one of the most famous Scientist Mr. Henry Louis who was a master in Robot technology. He was none other than the man of the house next door.

Sara, Myra and others were very shameful for their behaviour. It was Sara’s suspicion which made them come to the conclusion that they were spreading a filthy atmosphere in their locality.

The lady of the house smiled and introduced herself as Ms Mary Henry Louis and her son Sam Henry Louis and finally the little girl Kitty. She was none other than the robot created by the maestro which was his first creation. Due to some technical issues she was being repaired. “The suspicious nature always takes drastic conclusions which might result in bring chaos in one’s life hence please change your mindset towards any stranger , know them well before drawing conclusions about their character” advised Mary.

With a shameful self Sara returned home. She felt very bad for making bad comments about the good neighbours. A few days passed, she got a call from Myra “Hey, Sara did you hear we have new comers down the road. I heard the girl had escaped from the house when she was at a very young age of 6 years, now she has come back with her boy friend, I really don’t know what ill-gotten things she would’ve done. Oh My God why is she here now to ruin our decent neighbourhood. “ Myra was still continuing , but Sara screamed on top of her voice , with a loud shout she said “Shuuut up Myra, that girl is my daughter”. Myra hung up her phone.

September 18, 2020 14:58

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.